Blacks thrived under Jim Crow laws

When the country had Jim Crow laws, black people were far better off living in segregated communities.

I grew up in an era when "separate but equal" was the law of the land. In my town there was a dividing line between where the colored people lived and the white people lived.

The colored side of town commonly referred to as Ni**er town had its own economy. Meaning there were grocery stores, barber shops, clothes stores, funeral homes, gas stations, and of course churches. Colored town had two all black elementary and one high school. During football season there was a football jamboree at the coliseum where all of the schools, including the black schools, had a play off for town champion. The school that won went on to compete for state champion.

In those days, black households consisted of two parent families with good morals, and the kids were raised right. There wasn't drive by shootings and gang banging.

But then the white northern liberals pushed for integration and Jim Crow laws were stricken from the books. In my town the black only schools were shut down, and kids started being bussed to other schools. The area where black owned businesses had once thrived was torn down and replaced with shopping centers and project housing. The black self sufficient community no longer existed. Replaced by dependence on welfare, food stamps, and free public housing. Single mothers raising children became the norm. And now gangs and drug dealers rule the streets where black people live.
Let’s enact some Jim Crow laws for you crackas. See how you like it.
Then who will supply you with food stamps?
Does somebody give you food stamps? I don’t know how that works or why you would bring it up. Too stupid.

When the country had Jim Crow laws, black people were far better off living in segregated communities.

I grew up in an era when "separate but equal" was the law of the land. In my town there was a dividing line between where the colored people lived and the white people lived.

The colored side of town commonly referred to as Ni**er town had its own economy. Meaning there were grocery stores, barber shops, clothes stores, funeral homes, gas stations, and of course churches. Colored town had two all black elementary and one high school. During football season there was a football jamboree at the coliseum where all of the schools, including the black schools, had a play off for town champion. The school that won went on to compete for state champion.

In those days, black households consisted of two parent families with good morals, and the kids were raised right. There wasn't drive by shootings and gang banging.

But then the white northern liberals pushed for integration and Jim Crow laws were stricken from the books. In my town the black only schools were shut down, and kids started being bussed to other schools. The area where black owned businesses had once thrived was torn down and replaced with shopping centers and project housing. The black self sufficient community no longer existed. Replaced by dependence on welfare, food stamps, and free public housing. Single mothers raising children became the norm. And now gangs and drug dealers rule the streets where black people live.
Then who will supply you with food stamps?
Does somebody give you food stamps? I don’t know how that works or why you would bring it up. Too stupid.
Try being different funny.

You sir have spoken the truth

See what happens to Black people when they trust that whites truly want to integrate?

Actually, the Jim Crow laws affected both black and white people. Both racial groups had restrictions and prohibitions.

For instance, blacks weren't allowed to drink from white only water fountains. And whites couldn't drink from colored only water fountains.

Separate but equal. ... :cool:
Separate but decidedly not equal.
clear.png
:cool-45:

jim-crow-water-fountains2.jpg

The colored side of town commonly referred to as Ni**er town had its own economy. Meaning there were grocery stores, barber shops, clothes stores, funeral homes, gas stations, and of course churches. Colored town had two all black elementary and one high school. During football season there was a football jamboree at the coliseum where all of the schools, including the black schools, had a play off for town champion.

Fascinating....and Up is Down and War is Peace and....in the case of trumpanzees....Ignorance is Wisdom.

When it comes to prosperity, yes blacks did, facts are facts, blacks owned way more business back then ..

Ever hear of black wall street and how jealous whites were?

The colored side of town commonly referred to as Ni**er town had its own economy. Meaning there were grocery stores, barber shops, clothes stores, funeral homes, gas stations, and of course churches. Colored town had two all black elementary and one high school. During football season there was a football jamboree at the coliseum where all of the schools, including the black schools, had a play off for town champion.

Fascinating....and Up is Down and War is Peace and....in the case of trumpanzees....Ignorance is Wisdom.

When it comes to prosperity, yes blacks did, facts are facts, blacks owned way more business back then ..

They did that despite Jim Crow. Whites wanted to destroy this dynamic in every instance. I know many of my elders that say integration with whites resulted in Blacks getting the short end of the stick. Even MLK regretted pushing integration.

I figured the call to re-instate Jim Crow wasn't too far around the corner...Funny how those fighting to end Jim Crow laws by giving up their life in doing so didn't think they had it so good....

Apparently the OP is saying that all that lynching, assaults and dehumanization blacks faced to fight for equality was dumb and they should have stayed second class..

I bet the OP doesn't like to discuss what happened to communities like Black Wallstreet -- when blacks were doing too good and got burned to the ground by the government.

Tell us what happened to Black Wallstreet when that jealousy reached a fever pitch? What equal protection under the law stepped in to protect the property and human rights of those "better off" black folks?

How about...
Black people should marry their own women.
Negroes shouldn’t force themselves in white neighborhoods, and white people shouldn’t have to move out of the neighborhood just because one Negro comes.
A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman

Those are all direct quotes from an avowed segregationist and die-hard George Wallace supporter. You may have heard of him, he name was Muhammad Ali.

17 percent of black kids had single parent families.
Today 77 percent of black kids have single parent families.
Blacks prior to 1960 were employed at a higher rate than whites.

Leftist policies..the ones that brought us huge inner city ghettos, planned parenthood on every corner, sex edumuncation in the schools, and a constant attack on traditional family values and Christianity..not to mention entitlement programs which target and demean the colored communities...have decimated the black culture in this country just as it decimated the Indian culture.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Just when you thought conservatives couldn't get any more stupid.
along comes jones.....

Forum List

Back