Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no affirmative action program for players in the NFL. Positions are filled based on ability....PERIOD.

The only policy is the "Rooney Rule", which requires franchises to interview minorities for coaching positions.
You're having "fun" making a complete idiot out of yourself. You keep saying that there's no AA for player in the NFL. Oh gee, we've got your word for that, huh ? Trouble is, your word is WORTHLESS, because it has no evidence to back it up.

The only thing you've presented is the "Rooney Rule", which, if anything, could be an indicator that there MIGHT BE affirmative action regarding the players.

An organization already exists where being a dumb and unqualified honky will always get you a leg up...it’s called the Republican Party. :lol:

That’s true about the Republicans. It’s the opposite in the Democratic Party. If you’re a minority or a woman and stupid you move to the front of the line.

Any sellout minority or a woman moves to the front of the line in the republican party.

Really? Like whom?? Are ALL Black or Minority Conservatives sellouts? C'mon, asswipe. You know you want to call them Coconuts or Uncle Toms!!

Idiot libtarded fool!!

Greg

I live in a republican state fuckhead.

I attended a state republican party victory during a presidential election in the state capital of Kansas. It was quite by accident as we were bored and saw that across the street from where we were there was a party going on at the hotel. It just happed which was the Kansas state republican election watch party.

So we entered the party and mingled. We asked the winning candidates to work for certain concerns within the black community. Of course we got no promises and a bunch of dull unrelated stories from the newly elected national representatives but that was expected. However what was not, was the blatant begging republicans were doing for us to start attending meetings and becoming members of the party because they needed more blacks. I guess that’s outreach. I was asked if I had any political aspirations and that if I did, the republicans would make certain I could get as far as I wanted and would provide me with all the support needed.

But I am not a sellout who will deny white racism just so I can get some power.

And I am not some zero low IQ chump worth nothing like you.

So if he shoe fits that's what they will wear.

Get help for your psychosis and stay on topic

I've been on topic through this entire bullshit whinefest of yours. And that all you have proven is that you know nothing about the sport.
I didn't whine even once here. I've posed a question about AA, which you have been running, in terror, away from, by blabbering about things unrelated to the OP topic.

The franchise's 1st two Super Bowl appearances, which featured Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe at QB, did not employ white receivers.

The Brady teams have been mixed at the position.

The first three Super Bowls were won with no starting white receivers.

Their undefeated season featured a starting receiving corps which comprised people of color, led by Hall of Famer, Randy Moss, except for 1 player.

It is a TEAM SPORT, you fool. That means the entire team contributes. And if any of those players, black or white were reading your warped logic, they would dismiss you as insane.
The last paragraph of my Post # 90 explained all this with relation to the topic of the thread, which you keep straying away from.. You're a waste of my valuable time. You should be paying me just to talk to you.

Oh, it's a TEAM SPORT ? Is that right? And what do you think the photo of the Patriots' offensive line in the post that you quoted, shows?, you dumb blockhead.

You senile old fool, I quoted a response to the picture, because you selectively posted pictures showing only white players.

I illustrated to you very clearly that in addition to an offensive line, that the team also had a defense, which limited the opposition to only 3 points.

A football TEAM is comprised of offense, defense and special teams.

How stupid are you?

What's ridiculous is you even starting this thread. You don't know a damn thing about football, and it is obvious.
As for all the information I've educated you about, you're welcome. No charge for the tutoring. I just can't stand to see people wallowing in ignorance.

You senile old fool, I quoted a response to the picture, because you selectively posted pictures showing only white players.

I illustrated to you very clearly that in addition to an offensive line, that the team also had a defense, which limited the opposition to only 3 points.

A football TEAM is comprised of offense, defense and special teams.

How stupid are you?
Oh they have a defense! Well, now the whole country knows that. Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And watch out for that ageist, infliction of psychological injury. You wouldn't want people to see you as a criminal, now would you ?

I've been on topic through this entire bullshit whinefest of yours. And that all you have proven is that you know nothing about the sport.
I didn't whine even once here. I've posed a question about AA, which you have been running, in terror, away from, by blabbering about things unrelated to the OP topic.

And I explained the Rooney Rule to your dumbass. That is the only program that bears any relation to AA, in the NFL.

There is no AA program for players. Making the team is soley based on ability to play.

You need to stop making up nonsense that is not factual.

I live in a republican state fuckhead.

I attended a state republican party victory during a presidential election in the state capital of Kansas. It was quite by accident as we were bored and saw that across the street from where we were there was a party going on at the hotel. It just happed which was the Kansas state republican election watch party.

So we entered the party and mingled. We asked the winning candidates to work for certain concerns within the black community. Of course we got no promises and a bunch of dull unrelated stories from the newly elected national representatives but that was expected. However what was not, was the blatant begging republicans were doing for us to start attending meetings and becoming members of the party because they needed more blacks. I guess that’s outreach. I was asked if I had any political aspirations and that if I did, the republicans would make certain I could get as far as I wanted and would provide me with all the support needed.

But I am not a sellout who will deny white racism just so I can get some power.

And I am not some zero low IQ chump worth nothing like you.

So if he shoe fits that's what they will wear.

Get help for your psychosis and stay on topic
Stay on topic ? How about you ? I don't see any mention of affirmative action in this post. And why don't you ask for certain concerns within the WHITE community ? Or in ALL communities ?

And why should you get promises from the newly elected national representatives to do racist bidding in behalf of one race, at the exclusion of others ? Especially when that race is ALREADY getting special favors, at the expense of other races.

There is no affirmative action program for players in the NFL. Positions are filled based on ability....PERIOD.

The only policy is the "Rooney Rule", which requires franchises to interview minorities for coaching positions.
You're having "fun" making a complete idiot out of yourself. You keep saying that there's no AA for player in the NFL. Oh gee, we've got your word for that, huh ? Trouble is, your word is WORTHLESS, because it has no evidence to back it up.

The only thing you've presented is the "Rooney Rule", which, if anything, could be an indicator that there MIGHT BE affirmative action regarding the players.

Affirmative action does not exist for PLAYERS in the NFL today.

And if it EVER did exist it was during the era that the league was segregated, and white players were the beneficiaries of it.

There is no MIGHT BE anything on the field. It is a game that requires the best of athletic skill.

The fact that you are too thickheaded to understand that is no one's fault but yours.

2 of these players have not won 6 super bowls.

Edelman is not the best receiver in football.

Gronk is not the best TE.

Brady never was the best QB.

You're desperate.

According to men who have played football, the greatest football player ever is a black man named Jim Brown.

The greatest wide receiver ever is a black man named Jerry Rice.

The greatest TE ever is a black man named John Mackey.

You don't know shit about football.

Maybe YOU don't know this >>

New England Patriots on Twitter

I'll go along with Jimmy Brown in the running back position. As for the others, try these on for size. Patriots WR Julian Edelman just passed Michael Irvin on all-time postseason receiving yards list. He's now # 2 behind only Jerry Rice and a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame. (so said 3 Super Bowl post game commentators)

Regarding tight ends, Sport Illustrated rates Tony Gonzales as the best tight ends of all time, and in the top 10 are 4 white guys >> Mike Ditka, Jason Witten, Dave Casper, and guess who > Rob Gronkowski.

As for Tom Brady, guess who Sports illustrated rated as the # 1 quarterback of all time. No need to guess. It's Tom Brady. And that was in 2017 when he had won 5 Super Bowls. Now he's won 6.

Yeah, I so desperate. And you're so :lame2:brain.

No charge for the tutoring.

Lastly, none of this changes anything about the TOPIC of the thread. Regardless of whether Jerry Rice was the best receiver, or Julian Edelman (still playing and adding numbers), or if the greatest QB was Brady, or Joe Montana, or Peyton Manning, or best TE Mackey or Gonzales, the point still remains that there's nothing to show blacks being of quality to justify their large disproportion of numbers in the NFL, and thus a question regarding affirmative action is plausible.

Not even close.

And I explained the Rooney Rule to your dumbass. That is the only program that bears any relation to AA, in the NFL.

There is no AA program for players. Making the team is soley based on ability to play.

How the hell do you know if there is AA for NFL players or not ? We're 130 posts into the thread, and you've been active, and have not produced one speck of information/proof about AA being in the NFL, or not being there. All you've done is blabber your opinion (or what you would like to believe). You're a waste. I'm done talkig to you. Gonna go have breakfast.

Look at these outstanding white NFL payers in 2018. More evidence that raises the question about affirmative action possibly being at work in the NFL.

pff4-1024x574.png

Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
After his 18th year in the NFL, it’s hard not to include Brees in the conversation for one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game. He earned an overall grade of 94.0 this year, the third-best single-season mark in the last 13 years.

Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
He finished the season ranked third among all quarterbacks in PFF grade at 91.2, while his 34 touchdown passes from a clean pocket were second to only Patrick Mahomes.

George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers
No player since 2006 has ever racked up more yards after the catch in a single season than Kittle did in 2018. Not just tight ends – everyone. His 873 yards after the catch were also 200 more than we’ve ever seen from a tight end before. Those numbers are even more impressive when you consider that his targets came from backup quarterbacks all season.

Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
One of the league’s best talents at the linebacker position, Kuechly finished the season with an NFL-high 12.0% run-stop percentage. Logging 39 defensive stops in 325 run-defense snaps, Kuechly also led all qualifying off-ball linebackers in run-defense grade (92.3) in 2018.

J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
Watt was back to his utterly dominant self this year. His 78 pressures were the second-most among edge defenders. Watt ended the 2018 regular season with at least three quarterback pressures in 14 straight games, which is the longest active streak by four games.

Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
Kelce’s dominance at the tight end position helped round out one of the best receiving corps in the NFL this season. En route to an overall grade of 88.6 and receiving grade of 90.4 – both ranking second at the position – Kelce hauled in 113 receptions for 1,467 yards, the most among tight ends. Including the playoffs, he generated 2.28 yards per route run and a 118.6 passer rating when targeted, again, both ranking second at the position.

Andrew Whitworth, Los Angeles Rams
There hasn’t been a more consistent performer at the left tackle position than Whitworth, and at age 37, Whitworth continued his premier play this season. His overall grade of 82.7 was good for fifth among all offensive tackles in the NFL through the regular season, and as always, the All-Pro was as solid as they come in pass protection where he allowed 33 total pressures from 601 pass-blocking snaps.

Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings
Adam Thielen cemented himself as a hands-down number one wide receiver in 2018. He earned a receiving grade of 89.5, ranking seventh at the position and gained an average of 2.10 yards per route run, tied for 18th out of 108 qualifying wide receivers.

Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers
Philip Rivers had an elite 2018 campaign, as he finished with his first 90-plus overall grade since 2010. Rivers finished the year with a play-action passer rating of 129.2, second in the NFL. He also handled pressure really well, ranking seventh in passer rating when pressured (83.8).

Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City Chiefs
Mitchell Schwartz had the highest-graded year of his career in 2018. His overall grade of 82.9 ranked fifth out of 85 qualifying offensive tackles, and his pass-blocking efficiency rating of 98.1 ranks sixth.

Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers
Christian McCaffrey finished 2018 as the best pass-catching running back in a league where catching the ball out of the backfield is as important as ever. Among running backs with at least 60 targets, McCaffrey’s receiving grade of 89.3 ranked first in the NFL. He gained an average of 1.79 yards per route run, sixth at the position.

David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers
He may have only played in 12 games due to injury, but David Bakhtiari was the best pass-blocking tackle in the game and one of the best pass blockers in all of football, period. Bakhtiari allowed just 12 total pressures over those 12 games, five of which came in one tough outing against Everson Griffen and the Minnesota Vikings’ defense. Bakhtiari did that while blocking for a pair of quarterbacks that don’t help their pass protection for differing reasons. This was also the best run-blocking season of his career.

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Aaron Rodgers is quietly coming off yet another great season in the NFL, finishing with the sixth-best overall grade (89.7) out of 39 qualifying quarterbacks. When throwing 20+ yards downfield, Rodgers had a passer rating of 124.0, ranking third in the league. On throws occurring 2.5 seconds or longer after the snap, Rodgers threw 16 touchdowns and only one interception.

Rob Havenstein, Los Angeles Rams
He’s as consistent and technically sound as any tackle in the league, and the former second-rounder only allowed four combined sacks and hits all season.

Leighton Vander Esch, Dallas Cowboys
Vander Esch finished the season ranked fourth among qualifying linebackers in overall grade (85.7), and he was one of four linebackers to finish the year with a grade of at least 80.0 in both run defense and coverage. The defining mark of his rookie year was his propensity to find and flow to the ball carrier, as he was the first to make contact with the opposing ball carrier on 15.1% of his defensive snaps. No other off-ball linebacker with at least 400 defensive snaps played finished above 12.6%.

Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles
Kelce may very well be the best all-around center in the NFL, and his 2018 season further proved that point. The Cincinnati grad turned Philadelphia legend led all centers in run-blocking grade (80.6) while ranking second behind Oakland’s Rodney Hudson in pass-blocking grade (88.0).

Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams
Finished the 2018 regular season ranked fourth among quarterbacks with a passer rating of 117.1 from a clean pocket, while his 23 big-time throws (our-highest graded throws) from a clean pocket were the sixth-most among players at the position.

Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns
He didn’t allow a sack or a hit until Week 15, and he allowed pressure on just 2.0% of his pass-blocking snaps on the year.

Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts
A stud in pass protection, leading the team in pass-blocking grade while allowing just 23 pressures on a whopping 730 pass-blocking snaps.

Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles
Ertz finished his record-setting 2018 season with the most ever receptions by a tight end, with 116 on 154 total targets. In his sixth season, he finished as the sixth-highest graded player at the position with an overall grade of 76.0 and a 79.5 receiving grade.

Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys
Battled through nagging injuries to his left knee. Despite being somewhat limited for much of the year, the fifth-year guard still lined up on over 1,000 snaps and posted the second-highest overall grade at the position at 78.6. In pass protection, Martin allowed 21 pressures in 597 pass-block snaps.

Joe Staley, San Francisco 49ers
Staley’s consistency remained intact in 2018 by finishing in the top-10 in overall grade among offensive tackles at 82.2. The twelfth-year veteran allowed just 25 total pressures in 609 pass-block snaps this season with only four resulting in a sack.

Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens
Yanda battled back from his 2017 ankle injury to log the most snaps among guards in the 2018 regular season at 1,162. Including the postseason, he earned the fourth-highest overall grade among guards at 75.2, allowing just 15 total pressures and zero sacks.

Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Holds an NFL record as the first tight end in league history to record three consecutive seasons with 1,000 receiving yards.

Adam Humphries, Tampa Bay Buccanears
Finished 2018 with career highs in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns, recording 816 yards and 5 touchdowns on 76 catches.

Last edited:

Stop crying. You don't even know what AA is. You must perform to get a job as a player.

What you have proven with the OP that you don't know Jack about professional sports.
Namely football, basketball and definitely not boxing.

You have not posted a single fact about those sports,and all that you've done is to turn your already dumb shit into even dumber shit by creating yet another "woe is us....we poor white people are victims because there aren't enough of us in these sports".

White people kept blacks totally out of the upper echelon of those sports for decades in case you forgot, and when blacks were finally allowed to compete in the mainstream, team owners woke up and realized that THEY were screwing THEMSELVES because of backward racist policies that were outdated, dumbass.

It is white people who make the hiring decisions and create the contracts so go whine to them

And what "sports" have you played? Miniature Golf? Ping Pong?

The ones that I've "never heard of" are likely a figment of your imagination.
When you state things that can easily be disproven right here in the thread, you prove how stupid you are. I posted quite a few facts about those sports. That you wrongly (and stupidly) said I didn't, shows what a fool you are. Examples >>

1. In post # 73 I stated > "the majority of undefeated professional boxers being white."

The Only Boxing Champions in History to Retire Undefeated

2. In Post # 75, I stated this >> "As for the New England Patriots, this same team has won SIX Super Bowls"

List of Super Bowl champions - Wikipedia

Next, you talk about whites saying "woe is us", and then you go right into a "woe is us" rant on behalf of blacks with this >> "White people kept blacks totally out of the upper echelon of those sports"

I've played baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf, punchball, and one you maybe never heard of is >> In the pan. Great game. ever hear of it ?

Plus, like I said, I play 4 musical instruments, and have played them all professionally. I'll guess YOU haven't. :biggrin:

If you read your own thread in a lucid moment, you will note that when I touched on boxing, I stated that in the lighter weight classes, there are and have been many good fighterrs who are not black

I have even been personal friends with a few. Alberto "Superfly" Sandoval, Bobby Chacone, Johnny Tapia, Danny 'Little Red" Lopez to name a few.

Rocky Marciano was undefeated but WAY overrated. He was very carefully managed and matched.

He never faced a big name fighter who was in his prime, and the ones that he did fight like Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott, Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore were far past their peak when he fought them.

In fact, Moore and Walcott were both near 40 and knocked Marciano on his ass during their fights.

Marciano never faced any genuine up and coming black
contenders ike Sonny Liston or Eddie Machen, they both would have taken him apart, and he convienently retired without giving Floyd Patterson a shot.

There should he a footnote in his career pointing out that he was protected.

Back in the late 60's when Ali was wrongly stripped of his title there was even a computerized match that fed various stats into a program which manufactured a so called "dream match" between Ali and Marciano, which produced the ridiculous outcome of Marciano winning by a knockout with a body punch in the 13th round. Anything to keep the dream of a "Great White Hope" alive.

Boxing greats are measured by three categories. Length of career, quality of opposition and performance in championship bouts.

That being said, I've wasted more than enough time in this thread trying provide you with some common sense and some knowledge about certain sports.You don't know much at all.

Last edited:

How the hell do you know if there is AA for NFL players or not ? We're 130 posts into the thread, and you've been active, and have not produced one speck of information/proof about AA being in the NFL, or not being there. All you've done is blabber your opinion (or what you would like to believe). You're a waste. I'm done talkig to you. Gonna go have breakfast.

I base my opinion, which is correct on actual contact with professional players and coaches. I have relatives that have played the sport

Some are black and some are white. These people know team owners and were actually on the field.

They are not senile, shut in headcases who sit around dreaming up conspiracy theories.

Owners care about one thing.....winning. And race is NOT a factor. Nor has it been since the league was desegregated.

Do you see me whining about all of the great black players who never got an opportunity because of blatent racism?

You have an obsession bordering on a mental illness regarding AA.

It does not exist on the player level in the NFL.

Awesome. Don't forget to take your meds. You are off the rails.

Yes, it could be. The money the owners make is not relevant to the millions of want a be white sport stars.

Of course it is relevant. Fans go to games to see the PLAYERS. Not the owners.
Substandard players= no revenue.

True, but not relevant to the post you responded to.

Totally relevant. The topic was that the OP implied that blacks are overrepresented in professional sports.

I stated very clearly that an inordinate number of blacks work for a very small number of white owners who collectively ewrn more money than all of the players combined.

If those same owners could make even more money by fielding a more integrated work force or even a predominately white work force they would do so.

There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability.

By the standards that race baiters use in every field where blacks or browns are underrepresented,

the under representation of whites relative to their share of the population,

is defacto proof of racism, and discrimination, and any denial of that can only be motivated by evulness and racism.

So, by your own rules, you have demonstrated that you are evul and "racist".

Nothing that I have posted in this horseshit thread is racist.

What is utterly ridiculous is people like you who are ignorant enough to actually think that PERFORMANCE and STATISTICS based professions that are nearly 100% OWNED and MANAGED by WHITE PEOPLE is somehow victimizing other white people.

That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.

BTW.........If anyone here is a racist you are. It is your belief that any success in ANY endeavor by blacks is at the expense of whites.

THe outcome is unequal, and instead of admitting that that is a problem, and start on discussing how to fix it, you are making up excuses for the inequality.

By the standards of the Left, that is racist.

By YOUR standards, you are racist and evul.

There is no AA for NFL players. PERIOD!

Now as you listed 5 white players like that means something

The MVP is black
The Off POY is black
The Def POY is black
The Off Rookie OY is black
The Def Rookie OY is black
The Rookie OY is black

And your source graded the top 101 players.

The top 101 players from the 2018 NFL season

1. Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams
Top 101 appearances: 5

In the 2018 NFL season there really is no question who the best player in the game was, and what is remarkable is that he took his game to another level from an already ridiculous starting point. Aaron Donald was the single most destructive force in the game from his interior alignment on the Rams defensive line, earning an overall PFF grade of 95.2 and recording a staggering 113 quarterback pressures, both the best marks of any player in the league.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
Top 101 appearances: 3

It clearly didn’t matter where he lined up, where he was targeted or whether he had to fight for the ball or not, Hopkins was in a class of his own this season, and it all led to the NFL’s highest overall (92.0) and receiving grade (92.2) at the position. His 115 catchable targets without a drop not only set the PFF record, but it also crushed the previous record of 60 held by Randall Cobb that he set back in 2016.

3. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
Top 101 appearances: New entry

Our MVP award was a two-man race for the vast majority of the season, but the big separator though between Mahomes and Drew Brees was consistency. Mahomes produced game in and game out in a high-volume passing offense. He didn’t have a single-game grade below 60.0 all season long, and he only had three below 70.0. His 49 big-time throws were six more than anyone else in the NFL, and he also broke PFF’s single-season deep passing yardage record with 1,514 yards on passes of 20 or more yards downfield- and that’s with three dropped deep balls on the year.

5. Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles

There’s an argument to be made for Fletcher Cox having the very best second-best season of all time, and more people would be talking about his 2018 campaign if it weren’t for the sheer domination of Aaron Donald. Cox ended the year ranked second among interior defenders with an overall grade of 92.5, and his 101 quarterback pressures were the most we’ve ever seen from a defensive tackle not named Donald.

6. Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints
Top 101 appearances: 3

Thomas continued his emergence as one of the best wideouts in the league with his best season to date. His overall grade of 91.6 was second to only DeAndre Hopkins this year, and his WR rating of 124.0 was ninth-best.

8. Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks

Bobby Wagner, who finished the season as our highest-graded off-ball linebacker, took efficient tackling to the next level in 2018. The Seattle Seahawks’ prized veteran missed just one tackle across his 892 defensive snaps and 139 tackle attempts in 2018.

9. Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots
Top 101 appearances: 2

It was a career year for Gilmore, whom Bill Belichick has taken to employing as a weapon in the secondary. New England shadowed receivers more than any other team in the NFL this season, and it was often Gilmore’s job to take away the other team’s top receiving threat. He tracked receivers in 13 games this year yet still only allowed 42 catches on 90 targets for 466 yards all year.

10. Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears

New team, same Mack. The star pass rusher ended the year ranked second among edge defenders with an elite overall grade of 90.7, and despite missing games through injury and despite being game-planned for more than any other edge defender in the league, he still racked up 73 total pressures and six forced fumbles.

8 of the top 10 players rated by YOUR source are black.

75 out of the top 101 as rated by YOUR source are black.

The top 101 players from the 2018 NFL season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Where are all those better white football players son?

Did you create a player on Madden or something?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back