Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black culture has nothing to do with this.

Seriously, it is not black culture that has us overrepresented on the field and underrepresented as coaches and upper management.
And your opinion of what IT IS that has blacks overrepresented on the field ?

We work harder so we are in better shape and can do the necessary skills better.

A lot of truth in that in the sense that many who happen to be Black work very hard to achieve their goals. FANTASTIC!!! You wanna cookie?

Greg

White guys have become too sissified for pro sports
They kicked ass in the Super Bowl. Biggest pro sport game in America. And they've done it 6 times.

You get an award for the most wrong post of the year (and we're only in February) :laugh:

If you examine every Superbowl that they have been in, the same players who were the standouts in the most recent game were not the same in every game played.

How ignorant can one be?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Seriously, it is not black culture that has us overrepresented on the field and underrepresented as coaches and upper management.

We work harder so we are in better shape and can do the necessary skills better.

A lot of truth in that in the sense that many who happen to be Black work very hard to achieve their goals. FANTASTIC!!! You wanna cookie?

Greg

Maybe you learn to read the question I was asked next time bitch.

It means he did something no other player ever has done in the history of the game.
HUNDREDS of major league baseball players have that characteristic.

"Hundreds" of players do not hold records in that sport or any other. A select few, relative to the total number of participants are the best.

That's why there is a "Hall of Fame"

And "characteristics" do not equal results.

Are you nuts?

Last edited:
An organization already exists where being a dumb and unqualified honky will always get you a leg up...it’s called the Republican Party. :lol:

That’s true about the Republicans. It’s the opposite in the Democratic Party. If you’re a minority or a woman and stupid you move to the front of the line.

Any sellout minority or a woman moves to the front of the line in the republican party.

Really? Like whom?? Are ALL Black or Minority Conservatives sellouts? C'mon, asswipe. You know you want to call them Coconuts or Uncle Toms!!

Idiot libtarded fool!!

Greg

There are black guys on the Pats.
It figures you give credit only to the white players.

Racist punk.
Idiot. I'm not giving credit. I'm pointing out that there are enough white players of top caliber to discount any notion that the heavy black representation is from superior ability.

Shut up when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Obviously there are not.

Greg

Maybe you learn to read the question I was asked next time bitch.

What's that girlyboy?? You make a statement of the obvious and it's somehow meaningful?? Top athletes are top BECAUSE they put the work into it. Where the f is the controversy in that?

You obviously don't give a fuck about truth; you just want to slag on whites!! You get no cookie you drongo!!

Greg

So you don't know who those guys are. Well, they all sit in offices and process insurance claims. :biggrin:

th
th
th

th

Best football players in the NFL. Won the Super Bowl 6 times.

2 of these players have not won 6 super bowls.

Edelman is not the best receiver in football.

Gronk is not the best TE.

Brady never was the best QB.

You're desperate.

According to men who have played football, the greatest football player ever is a black man named Jim Brown.

The greatest wide receiver ever is a black man named Jerry Rice.

The greatest TE ever is a black man named John Mackey.

You don't know shit about football.

I knew John Mackey, used to hang out with him, and was at his funeral.

Hell of a man. And damn right. The absolute best tight end ever. And the rest of your post was spot on.

Never heard of him

Greg

What you have proven with the OP that you don't know Jack about professional sports.
Namely football, basketball and definitely not boxing.

You have not posted a single fact about those sports,and all that you've done is to turn your already dumb shit into even dumber shit by creating yet another "woe is us....we poor white people are victims because there aren't enough of us in these sports".

White people kept blacks totally out of the upper echelon of those sports for decades in case you forgot, and when blacks were finally allowed to compete in the mainstream, team owners woke up and realized that THEY were screwing THEMSELVES because of backward racist policies that were outdated, dumbass.

It is white people who make the hiring decisions and create the contracts so go whine to them

And what "sports" have you played? Miniature Golf? Ping Pong?

The ones that I've "never heard of" are likely a figment of your imagination.
When you state things that can easily be disproven right here in the thread, you prove how stupid you are. I posted quite a few facts about those sports. That you wrongly (and stupidly) said I didn't, shows what a fool you are. Examples >>

1. In post # 73 I stated > "the majority of undefeated professional boxers being white."

The Only Boxing Champions in History to Retire Undefeated

2. In Post # 75, I stated this >> "As for the New England Patriots, this same team has won SIX Super Bowls"

List of Super Bowl champions - Wikipedia

Next, you talk about whites saying "woe is us", and then you go right into a "woe is us" rant on behalf of blacks with this >> "White people kept blacks totally out of the upper echelon of those sports"

I've played baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf, punchball, and one you maybe never heard of is >> In the pan. Great game. ever hear of it ?

Plus, like I said, I play 4 musical instruments, and have played them all professionally. I'll guess YOU haven't. :biggrin:

There are black guys on the Pats.
It figures you give credit only to the white players.

Racist punk.
Idiot. I'm not giving credit. I'm pointing out that there are enough white players of top caliber to discount any notion that the heavy black representation is from superior ability.

Shut up when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Obviously there are not.

OK: the QBs are MOSTLY white. They're the BRAINS of the team. By your logic Blacks love whitey telling them what to do and making them look good.

You're an idiot!!

To be fair, there are many great white athletes. Protectionist is just butthurt because they are not the majority in certain sports anymore, due to segregation being abolished.
Looks like "segregation" may be alive and well in the NFL, with affirmative action.

So you don't know who those guys are. Well, they all sit in offices and process insurance claims. :biggrin:

th
th
th

th

Best football players in the NFL. Won the Super Bowl 6 times.

2 of these players have not won 6 super bowls.

Edelman is not the best receiver in football.

Gronk is not the best TE.

Brady never was the best QB.

You're desperate.

According to men who have played football, the greatest football player ever is a black man named Jim Brown.

The greatest wide receiver ever is a black man named Jerry Rice.

The greatest TE ever is a black man named John Mackey.

You don't know shit about football.

I knew John Mackey, used to hang out with him, and was at his funeral.

Hell of a man. And damn right. The absolute best tight end ever. And the rest of your post was spot on.

Never heard of him

Greg

John Mackey played for the Colts when they were in Baltimore for the majority of his career and finished his career in San Diego with the Chargers. When he played in Baltimore Johnny Unitas was the QB. John was voted as the tight end for the 75th anniversary team of the NFL.

He passed away from Alzheimer's in 2003. Very sad.

Nothing that I have posted in this horseshit thread is racist.

What is utterly ridiculous is people like you who are ignorant enough to actually think that PERFORMANCE and STATISTICS based professions that are nearly 100% OWNED and MANAGED by WHITE PEOPLE is somehow victimizing other white people.

That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.

BTW.........If anyone here is a racist you are. It is your belief that any success in ANY endeavor by blacks is at the expense of whites.
despite the SCOTUS having ruled against quotas in Affirmative Action, 40 years ago, they are still used rampantly in many industries that are nearly 100% OWNED and MANAGED by WHITE PEOPLE. For one more industry to do it also, that is something to be denied ? Not hardly.

There's something ridiculous here all right, YOU.

It means he did something no other player ever has done in the history of the game.
HUNDREDS of major league baseball players have that characteristic.

Apparently they don't.

MLB’s lack of blacks displayed in Top 10 player rankings

It’s difficult to imagine that just 30 years ago, this compilation would have been dominated by African Americans. That was then, this is now, and MLB is slowly beginning to realize the historic and athletic importance of introducing more black youths and collegians to baseball.

The St. Louis Cardinals currently have one black player on the 25-man roster, centerfielder Dexter Fowler. Fowler, who signed with the Cards after helping the Chicago Cubs win the 2016 World Series, is ranked 10th.

The Top 10 centerfielders, with black players highlighted, are Mike Trout — L.A. Angeles; Christian Yelich — Miami Marlins; George Springer — Houston Astros; Jackie Bradley, Jr. — Boston Red Sox; A.J. Pollock — Arizona Diamondbacks; Adam Eaton — Washington Nationals; Lorenzo Cain — Kansas City Royals; Charlie Blackmon — Colorado Rockies; Kevin Kiermaier — Tampa Bay Rays and Fowler.

The lone position where a black player is No. 1 is right field. The summit is held by Boston Red Sox star Mookie Betts. He topped Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals. After his down season in 2016, Jason Heyward of the Chicago Cubs fell off the list. Stephen Piscotty of the Cardinals is ranked 10th.

Betts — Red Sox; Harper — Nationals; Nelson Cruz - Seattle Mariners; Giancarlo Stanton - Miami Marlins; J.D. Martinez - Detroit Tigers; Jose Bautista - Toronto Blue Jays; Carlos Gonzalez - Colorado Rockies; Hunter Pence - San Francisco Giants; Josh Reddick - Houston Astros and Piscotty – Cardinals.

Seriously, Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers is ranked as the top left fielder in baseball. The “Shredder” must have overdosed on WD-40. Khris Davis of the Oakland A’s, whose father is black and played professional baseball, is fourth. St. Louis’ Randal Grichuk is a surprising No. 5.

Braun, Brewers; Yoenis Cespedes - New York Mets; Starling Marte - Pittsburgh Pirates; Davis - Athletics; Michael Brantley - Cleveland Indians; Grichuk - Cardinals; Justin Upton - Detroit Tigers; Carlos Beltran - Houston Astros; Brett Gardner - New York Yankees and Adam Duvall - Cincinnati Reds.

Addison Russell’s grand slam in Game Six of the World Series against the Cleveland Indians was just the 19th in the Fall Classic’s history. Russell joins Heyward and relief pitcher Carl Edwards Jr., as the first (and only) black players to play for the Cubs in the World Series. I wrote all that to say Russell is 10th among shortstops, somehow ranked behind the Cards’ Aledmys Diaz at No. 7.

Corey Seager - Los Angeles Dodgers; Francisco Lindor - Cleveland Indians; Carlos Correa - Houston Astros; Trea Turner - Washington Nationals; Brandon Crawford - San Francisco Giants; Trevor Story - Colorado Rockies; Diaz - Cardinals; Xander Bogaerts - Boston Red Sox; Troy Tulowitzki - Toronto Blue Jays and Russell - Cubs.

David Price of the Boston Red Sox did not make the Top 10 of starting pitchers and there are no African Americans among MLB’s elite group. The only starting pitcher who is a minority is Johnny Cueto of the San Francisco Giants. Price had a much better 2016 that Zach Greinke and should be ranked above him. This is a travesty.

The Top 10 are Clayton Kershaw – L.A. Dodgers; Max Scherzer - Washington Nationals; Madison Bumgarner - San Francisco Giants; Jake Arrieta - Chicago Cubs; Jon Lester - Chicago Cubs; Corey Kluber - Cleveland Indians; Chris Sale - Boston Red Sox; Cueto, Giants; Noah Syndergaard - New York Mets and Zack Greinke - Arizona Diamondbacks.

There are no black catchers among the MLB Network Top 10. The Cardinals’ future Hall of Famer Yadier Molina is ranked sixth at a position dominated by Hispanic players.

Buster Posey - San Francisco Giants; Jonathan Lucroy - Texas Rangers; Yasmani Grandal – L.A Dodgers; Wilson Ramos - Tampa Bay Rays; Russell Martin - Toronto Blue Jays; Molina – Cardinals;Francisco Cervelli - Pittsburgh Pirates; J.T. Realmuto - Miami Marlins; Salvador Perez - Kansas City Royals and Welington Castillo - Baltimore Orioles.

First base, home to several black Hall of Fame players, has no African Americans amongst its Top 10 heading into 2017. The Cards’ Matt Carpenter is ranked seventh

Paul Goldschmidt — Arizona Diamondbacks; Miguel Cabrera — Detroit Tigers; Joey Votto — Cincinnati Reds; Anthony Rizzo — Chicago Cubs; Freddie Freeman — Atlanta Braves; Edwin Encarnacion — Cleveland Indians; Carpenter – Cardinals; Brandon Belt — San Francisco Giants; Chris Davis — Baltimore Orioles; Jose Abreu — Chicago White Sox.

The only hope for a black player among the Top 10 at second base is Brandon Phillips, who was traded from Cincinnati to Atlanta on Monday. However, he didn’t make MLB Network’s list, leaving the position, where Jackie Robinson starred, without an African American amongst its best.

Jose Altuve — Houston Astros; Robinson Cano — Seattle Mariners; Daniel Murphy — Washington Nationals; Dustin Pedroia — Boston Red Sox; Ian Kinsler — Detroit Tigers; Jason Kipnis — Cleveland Indians; D.J. LeMahieu — Colorado Rockies; Brian Dozier — Minnesota Twins; Logan Forsythe — Tampa Bay Rays and Ben Zobrist — Chicago Cubs.

Where have you gone Terry Pendleton? Third base is also devoid of blacks amongst its Top 10.

Josh Donaldson — Toronto Blue Jays; Kris Bryant — Chicago Cubs; Manny Machado — Baltimore Orioles; Nolan Arenado — Colorado Rockies; Justin Turner — Los Angeles Dodgers; Adrian Beltre — Texas Rangers; Kyle Seager — Seattle Mariners; Jung Ho Kang — Pittsburgh Pirates; Anthony Rendon — Washington Nationals and Evan Longoria — Tampa Bay Rays.

Relief pitchers? Another shutout, although the Top 10 is quite international and includes Cardinals’ closer Seung Hwan Oh.

Andrew Miller - Cleveland Indians; Aroldis Chapman - New York Yankees; Zach Britton - Baltimore Orioles; Kenley Jansen - Los Angeles Dodgers; Wade Davis - Chicago Cubs; Mark Melancon - San Francisco Giants; Oh - Cardinals; Dellin Betances - New York Yankees; Jeurys Familia - New York Mets and Will Harris - Houston Astros.

Make of it as you will.

Greg

To be fair, there are many great white athletes. Protectionist is just butthurt because they are not the majority in certain sports anymore, due to segregation being abolished.
Looks like "segregation" may be alive and well in the NFL, with affirmative action.

There is no affirmative action program for players in the NFL. Positions are filled based on ability....PERIOD.

The only policy is the "Rooney Rule", which requires franchises to interview minorities for coaching positions.

Your are in over your pointed little head and continue to look less informed with every post.

I have not had this much fun at your expense in quite awhile.

The franchise's 1st two Super Bowl appearances, which featured Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe at QB, did not employ white receivers.

The Brady teams have been mixed at the position.

The first three Super Bowls were won with no starting white receivers.

Their undefeated season featured a starting receiving corps which comprised people of color, led by Hall of Famer, Randy Moss, except for 1 player.

It is a TEAM SPORT, you fool. That means the entire team contributes. And if any of those players, black or white were reading your warped logic, they would dismiss you as insane.
The last paragraph of my Post # 90 explained all this with relation to the topic of the thread, which you keep straying away from.. You're a waste of my valuable time. You should be paying me just to talk to you.

Oh, it's a TEAM SPORT ? Is that right? And what do you think the photo of the Patriots' offensive line in the post that you quoted, shows?, you dumb blockhead.

Nothing that I have posted in this horseshit thread is racist.

What is utterly ridiculous is people like you who are ignorant enough to actually think that PERFORMANCE and STATISTICS based professions that are nearly 100% OWNED and MANAGED by WHITE PEOPLE is somehow victimizing other white people.

That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.

BTW.........If anyone here is a racist you are. It is your belief that any success in ANY endeavor by blacks is at the expense of whites.
despite the SCOTUS having ruled against quotas in Affirmative Action, 40 years ago, they are still used rampantly in many industries that are nearly 100% OWNED and MANAGED by WHITE PEOPLE. For one more industry to do it also, that is something to be denied ? Not hardly.

There's something ridiculous here all right, YOU.

What's ridiculous is you even starting this thread. You don't know a damn thing about football, and it is obvious.

The franchise's 1st two Super Bowl appearances, which featured Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe at QB, did not employ white receivers.

The Brady teams have been mixed at the position.

The first three Super Bowls were won with no starting white receivers.

Their undefeated season featured a starting receiving corps which comprised people of color, led by Hall of Famer, Randy Moss, except for 1 player.

It is a TEAM SPORT, you fool. That means the entire team contributes. And if any of those players, black or white were reading your warped logic, they would dismiss you as insane.
The last paragraph of my Post # 90 explained all this with relation to the topic of the thread, which you keep straying away from.. You're a waste of my valuable time. You should be paying me just to talk to you.

Oh, it's a TEAM SPORT ? Is that right? And what do you think the photo of the Patriots' offensive line in the post that you quoted, shows?, you dumb blockhead.

I've been on topic through this entire bullshit whinefest of yours. And that all you have proven is that you know nothing about the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back