Black Walstreet bombed from the air

What are Black people building now? Is it enough? Should they be building more? What "building" are you talking about?

Businesses:

Small Business Expo 2013 Adds Three New Cities

Race Matters in Funding Small Businesses - Businessweek

There are plenty of people from different ethnicities who are trying to "build" their lives. There are a minority of people from different ethnicities who are not trying to "build" anything. That's why I prefer to concentrate on the "individual" and not define the majority of an ethnic group by the failures and problems of the MINORITY of an ethnic group.

I just want to point out how history seems to repeat itself and why I think it's important to study the lessons of history. What I put in bold above was addressed more eloquently in 1841. It's on the last paragraph on page10 and goes onto page 11 , here's the quote I am referring to:

"Four years after Grimké's observation, in 1841, Joseph Willson, writing under the pseudonym "A Southerner," explored in considerable detail the the question of a black aristocracy in a little volume entitled Sketches of the Higher Classes of Colored Society in Philadelphia. Aware that such a title was likely to prompt derision, Willson nonetheless hoped to disabuse whites of their inclination "to regard people of color as all huddled together, without any particular or general distinctions, social or otherwise and to hold the "errors and crimes of one . . . as the criterion of the character of the whole body."

Aristocrats of Color: The Black Elite, 1880-1920 - Willard B. Gatewood - Google Books

"The term “race riot” does not adequately describe the events of May 31—June 1, 1921 in Greenwood... In fact, the term itself implies that both blacks and whites might be equally to blame for the lawlessness and violence. The historical record documents a sustained and murderous assault on black lives and property. This assault was met by a brave but unsuccessful armed defense of their community by some black World War I veterans and others.

During the night and day of the riot, deputized whites killed more than 300 African Americans. They looted and burned to the ground 40 square blocks of 1,265 African American homes, including hospitals, schools, and churches, and destroyed 150 businesses. White deputies and members of the National Guard arrested and detained 6,000 black Tulsans who were released only upon being vouched for by a white employer or other white citizen. Nine thousand African Americans were left homeless and lived in tents well into the winter of 1921."

Read more at EBONY The Destruction of Black Wall Street - Black History - EBONY
Follow us: [MENTION=38994]Ebony[/MENTION]Mag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

Sounds like the Rodney King Riots with the roles reversed.

those people rioted not to strip others of wealth but to protest unwarranted BEATING by cops.

Now are you going to STOP pretending that black people never try to build anything so they are poor?

Or will you FACE THE REAL HISTORY of this country.

That when free blacks built things racists stole them or destroyed what they built?

this story shows WHY we have affirmative action

This story show WHY racism is so VERY destructive to any society

those people rioted not to strip others of wealth but to protest unwarranted BEATING by cops.

Now are you going to STOP pretending that black people never try to build anything so they are poor?

That when free blacks built things racists stole them or destroyed what they built?

What do you think caused the Tulsa riots?

You should go back and read the many links you posted on the subject and find out what started the riot.

I already know what started it but I think it's important for you to read it for yourself.

This story has nothing to do with AA or politics.

No one is pretending or even suggesting that blacks never try to build anything, that's your strawman.

I've found that you ignore posts when you know you've been busted.
Did you want to comment on post #7?
No?

Why is that?
Does it explode your theory of what an evil nation this is?

Can I borrow your head for my rock garden?!

so now your outed as a full on racist PC.

thank you very much for showing your true colors you travel so low you leave snail trails kinda Christian.

Yuu shame jesus every time you post

I get such a chuckle out of your posts.....

ty

you notice how she avoided your question about post 7....she can dance without music....

so now your outed as a full on racist PC.

thank you very much for showing your true colors you travel so low you leave snail trails kinda Christian.

Yuu shame jesus every time you post

ty

you notice how she avoided your question about post 7....she can dance without music....

Also notice how she runs away when she's getting you ass kicked.

ty

Also notice how she runs away when she's getting you ass kicked.

It's the only way to prevent her from spamming her own threads...

Now, if there were only a way to prevent her from spamming every other thread...

Lord knows she offers nothing of substance...

Last edited:
"The term “race riot” does not adequately describe the events of May 31—June 1, 1921 in Greenwood... In fact, the term itself implies that both blacks and whites might be equally to blame for the lawlessness and violence. The historical record documents a sustained and murderous assault on black lives and property. This assault was met by a brave but unsuccessful armed defense of their community by some black World War I veterans and others.

During the night and day of the riot, deputized whites killed more than 300 African Americans. They looted and burned to the ground 40 square blocks of 1,265 African American homes, including hospitals, schools, and churches, and destroyed 150 businesses. White deputies and members of the National Guard arrested and detained 6,000 black Tulsans who were released only upon being vouched for by a white employer or other white citizen. Nine thousand African Americans were left homeless and lived in tents well into the winter of 1921."

I'm puzzled, O Brilliant One.....

If this nation is such a racist hell hole....as you seem to imply in those several posts....

Why are so very many Africans flocking to this country?

a. The influx of African immigrants to the United States in the last two decades has been phenomenal. According to figures from the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS), the number of African immigrants to the United States more than quadrupled in the last two decades; from 109,733 between 1961 and 1980 to 531,832 between 1981 and 2000. Contemporary African Immigrants to The United States

b. It is estimated that the current population of African immigrants to the United States is about 881,300.[2] Countries with the most immigrants to the U.S. are Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Egypt, Somalia, and South Africa. African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, there are more African immigrants that have come here voluntarily than brought here as slaves.

Weren't you able to contact them and warn them about how terrible it is here????

history is history.

are you pretending this did not happen in this country?

black people built things in this country.

white racists tore them down and stole them.

IT IS DOCUMENTED.

why do you pretend its NOT??

Sounds more like the rioting whites when Jack Johnson beat the white heavyweight champion.

What do you think caused the Tulsa riots?

Jealous down trodden white guys that needed an excuse any excuse.

In King riots, it was only black homes and businesses burned. Even signs saying "black owned" didn't help, they got it first.

In Detroit, every year, hundreds of black owned homes and businesses are torched in celebration of Devil's Night. Murder is the leading cause of death among blacks today, and that murder at the hands of another black person.
Homicide Leading Cause Of Death Of Young Black Men, Says FAU Researcher

I'm puzzled, O Brilliant One.....

If this nation is such a racist hell hole....as you seem to imply in those several posts....

Why are so very many Africans flocking to this country?

a. The influx of African immigrants to the United States in the last two decades has been phenomenal. According to figures from the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS), the number of African immigrants to the United States more than quadrupled in the last two decades; from 109,733 between 1961 and 1980 to 531,832 between 1981 and 2000. Contemporary African Immigrants to The United States

b. It is estimated that the current population of African immigrants to the United States is about 881,300.[2] Countries with the most immigrants to the U.S. are Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Egypt, Somalia, and South Africa. African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, there are more African immigrants that have come here voluntarily than brought here as slaves.

Weren't you able to contact them and warn them about how terrible it is here????

There is nothing to be puzzled about unless you are just choosing to be.

Where did the poster state that the U.S. is so "terrible" or a "hell hole?" This is a historical event that was posted because it DOES have to something to with race relations and history. If you want to discuss immigration, the largest influx of immigrants flocking to America are currently Asian or Hispanic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/us/asians-surpass-hispanics-as-biggest-immigrant-wave.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Forum List

Back