Black Toddler Missing, Does The Media Care?

Charlies,

Here's two scenarios...which one do yo think will get more press?

One of the children of my White neighbors who live in a double wide here in Maine goes missing

One of the children of Kool J the rapper goes missing.

Which missing child event do you imagine is going to get more press?

Though not on children, this study makes the same conclusions on adults:

The Invisible Damsel: Differences in How National Media Outlets Framed the Coverage of Missing Black and White Women in the Mid-2000s

Building on feminist and race theory, this textual analysis examines how national media outlets framed the coverage of missing Black and White women during the mid-2000s. This study argues that race and external factors such as attractiveness and youthfulness function as unfair criteria of newsworthiness in mainstream media coverage of women. Findings indicate that journalists overlooked missing Black women while they objectified missing White women. It is imperative to question how reporters present information to the public because news coverage of issues often sets the tone for how audiences perceive them. Additionally, media’s reliance on a patriarchal representation of the world that values women based on looks and body size is detrimental to all women.

Gunny is either delusionally in a deep state of denial of the facts or all these studies are all lies and Gunny himself secretly has some smoking gun to refute all this reasearch

two different issues...the coverage on this case seems substantial..but I don't think the media..gives a rats ass about anything ..anymore..but ratings and ultimately corporate... profit if they do any good along the way thats just a bonus...story's of missing whiteys most likely got higher ratings...and often do to cultural difference.. the story behind the story seems to often be more weird and more salacious. when it involves upper income white folk....and offer more viewer appeal even to black people..the news media of today is just selling what ever we are buying

Last edited:
Who is kool j?

You really are clueless ....
Because I don't listen to rap?

Quick, who is Aganoize? Emilie Autumn? Manic Street Preachers? A7IE? Amduscia? Asp? Sangue Demonio?

:rolleyes:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-hgVeNjYiGo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-hgVeNjYiGo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]​

What the hell was that?

If I want rap...

[youtube]5ZFTKxuIv7Q[/youtube]

[youtube]PnwqS_P_Vns[/youtube]
(Run and Hide is better, but this was the only track I found on youtube)

[youtube]QDG1_F1nRxk[/youtube]

Or just put os MRH and wait for J-Mann to start :rolleyes:

I'd posy some Killaz, but no vids on YT

Last edited:
there was some discussion about a year ago...about missing and abused kids stories being so "common place" that they are not newsworthy....not enough time to cover them all...

what does that say about our society....o right....we can trash kids without worry...unless its a high profile that might involve some sensationalism...ie....perverts grab child....other than that ....the media does not care

What is says, SB, is that we live in a nation that
1)Has an unacceptable crime rate
2)Has become or is becoming desensitized to such things, due to
--a)#1
--b)Media sensationalism and 'news as entertainment'

Its truly funny how *SOME* white people pretend and ignore that racism and racial disparities don't exist and or are overinflated except of course when it comes to their delusional perceptions of affirmative action, racial quotas and the mythological more qualified, deserving and smarter white guy who is disproportionally always getting shafted out of jobs, school admissions, etc in astronomical numbers.

Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Stanton could have recruited you....

Charlies,

Here's two scenarios...which one do yo think will get more press?

One of the children of my White neighbors who live in a double wide here in Maine goes missing

One of the children of Kool J the rapper goes missing.

Which missing child event do you imagine is going to get more press?

This is an unfair comparison, you're comparing a celebrity's kid to a common person, but in the cases the Bass is speaking of, all of the white children given the media attention were *NOT* celebrity children, they were the children of common everyday white Americans and it seems that some are treated better than others because of their skin color.

My gut feeling says if you are the toddler of someone either famous or wealthy, you will make the headlines. If you are the toddler of someone middle class or lower, you make the headlines only if the media isn't on one of its current oversensationalizing crusades.

That's the media, and that's how it operates. I've seen black and white children on the amber alert here, but mostly Hispanic. Might have something to do with the ethnic population where you live as well.

I just don't believe race is as much a factor as you do, I guess.

As I said- which, of course prompted a petty 3-pt neg rep and some whining from chuck :rolleyes:

No jackass, for the life of God quit being dishonest, you neg repped because your initial response to the links the Bass posted was NO FAMILY, of couse if those were white kids you would not have done that.

Forum List

Back