Black Toddler Missing, Does The Media Care?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Bass v 2.0, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
  2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    No Family

3. Tinktink

Tinktink Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Nope not a bit. As much as the media doesn't care about any poverty stricken child that goes missing that liives below the poverty line. I would give you the racist aspect of the media focusing oncute white children that go missing, and get raped and abused. But I can't. Considering, all children below the poverty level, and living in a single parent home, and don't have the sensationalism society seeks.... end up on milk cartons only.

What I will give you is the months the media spent on Kaylee and her case, my bet is that many children died of child abuse, many children went missing, many children died in cross fire of gang shit (that one belongs to your race) ... and most likely they were either black, spanish, muslim or just not pretty enough for a years worth of news coverage. So they stay un-noticed.

In the last year here where I live 4 children died in the city due to drive by shootings in a black neighborhood. Want to know how many died that way in the white burbs... none.

Keep blaming the whites for all your shit. Does good to keep focus off the lives taken everyday by those kids raised by fathers that payed 20 bucks a week so they could eat.

Or you could be a man with a cause, and start seeking to stop the black upon black violence... but that would be too courageous for your cowardly ass... wouldn't it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
  5. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    The reality is that the national media doesn't care about every poor kid that goes missing, regardless of its skin. Only middle- and upper-class kids matter the the MSM and the people as a whole; otherwise thered' be so many stories, they'd just stop caring anyway

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I disagree. I have seen nothing to support such an assertion. All I see is a media link to a missing black toddler.

7. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    just so that people know, the Bass has put the usual suspect trolls on his ignore list, so if you're one of those people that like to troll and personally attack and not on topic the Bass can't even see what the hell you're even posting.

8. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528

Sure there is no support for such an assertion, :rolleyes: the link comes from an African American oriented website, no wonder the attention.

Missing black children get less news coverage

Missing, murdered Black youth get unequal national media coverage

And here is even a research article on the topic:

Missing Children in News: Racial and Gender Representation of Missing Children Cases in Television News

Missing Children in News: Racial and Gender Representation of Missing Children Cases in Television News

This research explores race and gender related selection bias in national television news coverage of missing children cases in the United States. When the proportions of ethnicity and gender from the news coverage of five national television stations between 2005 and 2006 were compared to official missing children statistics, it was found that African American missing children and female missing children were significantly underrepresented in television news coverage. It is argued that such things as newsroom diversity, news operation routines, media ownership, and commercial motives of media contribute to the race and gender related media bias.

Pull your head out of the sand Gunny, seriously.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    How about you pull YOUR head out of your ass, Charles? You got no game. One thing about children, they don't see in color nor do I see them in color. It's when they turn into you carrying a sign that declares their color you can't help but miss it.

You come on here with this racist A-HA! without bothering to look at all us dumb white fold that bitch about the media constantly. You have to try and make it an issue of race.

Need some cheese to go with that whine, or what?:lol:

10. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Call it a gut feeling.