Black Toddler Missing, Does The Media Care?

Nope not a bit. As much as the media doesn't care about any poverty stricken child that goes missing that liives below the poverty line. I would give you the racist aspect of the media focusing oncute white children that go missing, and get raped and abused. But I can't. Considering, all children below the poverty level, and living in a single parent home, and don't have the sensationalism society seeks.... end up on milk cartons only.

What I will give you is the months the media spent on Kaylee and her case, my bet is that many children died of child abuse, many children went missing, many children died in cross fire of gang shit (that one belongs to your race) ... and most likely they were either black, spanish, muslim or just not pretty enough for a years worth of news coverage. So they stay un-noticed.

In the last year here where I live 4 children died in the city due to drive by shootings in a black neighborhood. Want to know how many died that way in the white burbs... none.

Keep blaming the whites for all your shit. Does good to keep focus off the lives taken everyday by those kids raised by fathers that payed 20 bucks a week so they could eat.

Or you could be a man with a cause, and start seeking to stop the black upon black violence... but that would be too courageous for your cowardly ass... wouldn't it?

Last edited:
The reality is that the national media doesn't care about every poor kid that goes missing, regardless of its skin. Only middle- and upper-class kids matter the the MSM and the people as a whole; otherwise thered' be so many stories, they'd just stop caring anyway

just so that people know, the Bass has put the usual suspect trolls on his ignore list, so if you're one of those people that like to troll and personally attack and not on topic the Bass can't even see what the hell you're even posting.

Not anywhere near as much as they would for a young white toddler, IMO.

I disagree. I have seen nothing to support such an assertion. All I see is a media link to a missing black toddler.

Sure there is no support for such an assertion, :rolleyes: the link comes from an African American oriented website, no wonder the attention.

Missing black children get less news coverage

Missing, murdered Black youth get unequal national media coverage

And here is even a research article on the topic:

Missing Children in News: Racial and Gender Representation of Missing Children Cases in Television News

Missing Children in News: Racial and Gender Representation of Missing Children Cases in Television News

This research explores race and gender related selection bias in national television news coverage of missing children cases in the United States. When the proportions of ethnicity and gender from the news coverage of five national television stations between 2005 and 2006 were compared to official missing children statistics, it was found that African American missing children and female missing children were significantly underrepresented in television news coverage. It is argued that such things as newsroom diversity, news operation routines, media ownership, and commercial motives of media contribute to the race and gender related media bias.

Pull your head out of the sand Gunny, seriously.

I disagree. I have seen nothing to support such an assertion. All I see is a media link to a missing black toddler.

Sure there is no support for such an assertion, :rolleyes: the link comes from an African American oriented website, no wonder the attention.

This research explores race and gender related selection bias in national television news coverage of missing children cases in the United States. When the proportions of ethnicity and gender from the news coverage of five national television stations between 2005 and 2006 were compared to official missing children statistics, it was found that African American missing children and female missing children were significantly underrepresented in television news coverage. It is argued that such things as newsroom diversity, news operation routines, media ownership, and commercial motives of media contribute to the race and gender related media bias.

How about you pull YOUR head out of your ass, Charles? You got no game. One thing about children, they don't see in color nor do I see them in color. It's when they turn into you carrying a sign that declares their color you can't help but miss it.

You come on here with this racist A-HA! without bothering to look at all us dumb white fold that bitch about the media constantly. You have to try and make it an issue of race.

Need some cheese to go with that whine, or what?:lol:

How many white kids went missing? How many hispanic kids went missing? How about asians, arabs, or Jews?

I see one report of one kid and you turn it into a sign that nobody cares about black kids gone missing. I see plenty of posters on the wall at the Post Office and they are of kids of all races and creeds. I hope they find this kid, I really do, but you should be ashamed of yourself for belittling a potential tragedy into a petty argument about racism.

The Bass' article said:
Justice is now listed on the Web site for the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and on the “America’s Most Wanted” Web site. Television stations, radio stations and newspapers around Gary and Chicago have followed the story and shown photos of Justice with numbers to call to alert authorities if she is spotted.

From your own article. A national organization and a spot on America's most wanted. Is that not National Media Coverage?

nancy grace is al over it...its featured on the yahoo and nsn search engine news clips..this early in a case it seems fairly massive coverage...media is some what mercenary..its more the bizarreness of the suspects or family members that makes for a really good missing child story..like tot mom..as Nancy likes call the Casey anhtomy..mother...or the Ramsey's and their weird ass pageant pictures..if the supporting characters in a missing child story are whack enough ..I don't think color matters that much..so this story is lacking that so will get less coverage..it is still terrible..but not race based...and I personally just pray for a happy ending

Last edited:

How many white kids went missing? How many hispanic kids went missing? How about asians, arabs, or Jews?

I see one report of one kid and you turn it into a sign that nobody cares about black kids gone missing. I see plenty of posters on the wall at the Post Office and they are of kids of all races and creeds. I hope they find this kid, I really do, but you should be ashamed of yourself for belittling a potential tragedy into a petty argument about racism.

They don't fucking do. There is one cable channel dedicated to Kaylee... for a fucking year. How many children have been abducted, rape in that year? You don't know, why because they weren't Kaylee, but I would bet a lot.

Call it a gut feeling.

My gut feeling says if you are the toddler of someone either famous or wealthy, you will make the headlines. If you are the toddler of someone middle class or lower, you make the headlines only if the media isn't on one of its current oversensationalizing crusades.

That's the media, and that's how it operates. I've seen black and white children on the amber alert here, but mostly Hispanic. Might have something to do with the ethnic population where you live as well.

I just don't believe race is as much a factor as you do, I guess.

How about you pull YOUR head out of your ass, Charles?
Pretentious and abusive are we? The Bass will pray for you and hope you will take a class in how to express yourself in much more calmer ways.

You got no game. One thing about children, they don't see in color nor do I see them in color.

Your individual views on children while noble and honest, does not erase the evidence of a widespread disparity and bias in media reporting of black and white missing children, which part of the Bass just said does your jarhead brain not understand?

It's when they turn into you carrying a sign that declares their color you can't help but miss it.

You come on here with this racist A-HA! without bothering to look at all us dumb white fold that bitch about the media constantly. You have to try and make it an issue of race.

Need some cheese to go with that whine, or what?:lol:

Its truly funny how *SOME* white people pretend and ignore that racism and racial disparities don't exist and or are overinflated except of course when it comes to their delusional perceptions of affirmative action, racial quotas and the mythological more qualified, deserving and smarter white guy who is disproportionally always getting shafted out of jobs, school admissions, etc in astronomical numbers.

I would post something here, but my friend Gunny would just censor it.

Why I don't know.

well it wouldn't be because he thinks its stupid..or rude..or even obscene...and it wouldnt because he does not share the same view ..so ..you most likely violated policy and terms of use...Gunny unlike some goes by the book...so don't take it personal..After you have been banned and censored as much as I have you will realise in the land of mods Gunny is a good as it gets....

Though not on children, this study makes the same conclusions on adults:

The Invisible Damsel: Differences in How National Media Outlets Framed the Coverage of Missing Black and White Women in the Mid-2000s

Building on feminist and race theory, this textual analysis examines how national media outlets framed the coverage of missing Black and White women during the mid-2000s. This study argues that race and external factors such as attractiveness and youthfulness function as unfair criteria of newsworthiness in mainstream media coverage of women. Findings indicate that journalists overlooked missing Black women while they objectified missing White women. It is imperative to question how reporters present information to the public because news coverage of issues often sets the tone for how audiences perceive them. Additionally, media’s reliance on a patriarchal representation of the world that values women based on looks and body size is detrimental to all women.

Gunny is either delusionally in a deep state of denial of the facts or all these studies are all lies and Gunny himself secretly has some smoking gun to refute all this reasearch

Though not on children, this study makes the same conclusions on adults:

The Invisible Damsel: Differences in How National Media Outlets Framed the Coverage of Missing Black and White Women in the Mid-2000s

Building on feminist and race theory, this textual analysis examines how national media outlets framed the coverage of missing Black and White women during the mid-2000s. This study argues that race and external factors such as attractiveness and youthfulness function as unfair criteria of newsworthiness in mainstream media coverage of women. Findings indicate that journalists overlooked missing Black women while they objectified missing White women. It is imperative to question how reporters present information to the public because news coverage of issues often sets the tone for how audiences perceive them. Additionally, media’s reliance on a patriarchal representation of the world that values women based on looks and body size is detrimental to all women.

Gunny is either delusionally in a deep state of denial of the facts or all these studies are all lies and Gunny himself secretly has some smoking gun to refute all this reasearch

Actually, that sounds like the being the "unobjectified" black women would be better, or best, being a black man since they aren't as likely to be objectified.

My gut feeling says if you are the toddler of someone either famous or wealthy, you will make the headlines. If you are the toddler of someone middle class or lower, you make the headlines only if the media isn't on one of its current oversensationalizing crusades.

That's the media, and that's how it operates. I've seen black and white children on the amber alert here, but mostly Hispanic. Might have something to do with the ethnic population where you live as well.

I just don't believe race is as much a factor as you do, I guess.

As I said- which, of course prompted a petty 3-pt neg rep and some whining from chuck :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back