Black Professor mocks Columbus Day with list of ‘15 most overrated White people’

The truth is this man discovered the new world for us all.

No he didn't. My ancestors had already been here for thousands, if not millions of years.

IF not? Not very conversant with the theory of the habitation of the Americas, are you Peepzie?

Shouldn't that be honored?

Honor the beginning of the genocide of North America's native people, a very cultured people? No thanks.

The discovery of the New World by Europeans was not a beginning of genocide. Granted, the clash of cultures DID have serious tragic consequences. But overstating your case makes you look pretty silly.

Exploration and discovery is at the core of human nature.

Apparently, so is blood-lust and greed.

That is not "apparent." It is, however, true that there is a long story of violence written in the pages of human history. Do you not consider it possible that humanity can, eventually, overcome that darker tendency?

MLK was hardly a loser and he preached anything but hatred of anyone.

That's ridiculous.

He was just another corrupt politician making money by encouraging hatred of whites.

Shitshisspeedos seems to be afraid there may be someone reading this who doesn't know just how fucking ignorant and useless he is. Calm down, Shitshispeedos, everyone knows.

Columbus may very well be the most overrated person in the history of the world. Not only was he not the first guy to discover the Americas, he wasn't even the first white guy to discover the Americas! It takes quite a twist of affirmative action to consider Columbus to have made a significant contribution towards anything except the subjugation of large groups of people.

The arrival of europeans was the best thing that ever happened to the indians. They didn't even have a written language until white men came. They are a backward people and would still be living in caves but for whites.

You are a stupid, pathetic racist.

Joel Osteen - The only preacher in America who can give an entire sermon without referencing a bible. Somehow, Osteen has convinced the world that he is a legitimate theologian rather than a schmaltzy self-help salesmen in pastor's clothing.

He aint the only one

images

The arrival of europeans was the best thing that ever happened to the indians. They didn't even have a written language until white men came. They are a backward people and would still be living in caves but for whites.

You are a stupid, pathetic racist.

The board notes that all you have is namecalling. My claim stands uncontested. Like blacks, indians need the white man to provide them life in an advanced world.

Stealing, raping, genocide = honor? We cannot turn back the clock but we can look back at history honestly.

Rev. Jim, I believe you to be a stupid man with little education and no ability to think.

BUT, would you like to debate Columbus in the CDZ, using facts and citations, rather than the leftist bilge you spew here?

There are some truly pitiful posters here! Those arguing against them are somewhat valiant, but we can ask ourselves if it is possible to reach these folks.
Indians would still be living in caves!
Luckiest thing that ever happened to them was the arrival of Europeans!
Worse than absurdities.
Of course, the Indians were like every other group of people; they had wars, slaves and inequalities. Of course, it was not the horrors of the Spanish that wiped out the majority, it was disease.
Of course, some to the settlers from Europe respected the Indians and tried to work with them.
The history is not all white or black on either side. At the same time, it is only reasonable that we take into account that an enormous amount of damage was done by those early Europeans and was the result of greed. That is not admirable in any people.

There are some truly pitiful posters here! Those arguing against them are somewhat valiant, but we can ask ourselves if it is possible to reach these folks.
Worse than absurdities.
Of course, the Indians were like every other group of people; they had wars, slaves and inequalities. Of course, it was not the horrors of the Spanish that wiped out the majority, it was disease.
Of course, some to the settlers from Europe respected the Indians and tried to work with them.
The history is not all white or black on either side. At the same time, it is only reasonable that we take into account that an enormous amount of damage was done by those early Europeans and was the result of greed. That is not admirable in any people.

Any time a technologically superior people encounter a technologically backwards people, the superior technology will prevail.

The plains Indians were literally stone age, not yet inventing the wheel, writing or even basic civil structure.

The central American Indians were more advanced. But the Aztecs were a violent and savage people. The Mayans were already all but wiped out by the time the Europeans arrived, whether by the Aztecs, drought, or disease, I can't say.

I challenge you people to name a race or a region of this planet that hasn't been invaded. Tell me who hasn't fucked over another group of human beings???

If you're being taught that only the white man=bad. You have been fucked.
The argument is not who is good or bad but whose memory is celebrated in spite of having done some extraordinarily loathsome things. I suggest if you had studied some of the accounts of Columbus' conduct in Hispaniola you would not be defending his memory.

(Excerpt)

Shockingly, Columbus supervised the selling of native girls into sexual slavery. Young girls of the ages 9 to 10 were the most desired by his men. In 1500, Columbus casually wrote about it in his log. He said: "A hundred castellanoes are as easily obtained for a woman as for a farm, and it is very general and there are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand."

He forced these peaceful natives work in his gold mines until they died of exhaustion. If an "Indian" worker did not deliver his full quota of gold dust by Columbus' deadline, soldiers would cut off the man's hands and tie them around his neck to send a message. Slavery was so intolerable for these sweet, gentle island people that at one point, 100 of them committed mass suicide. Catholic law forbade the enslavement of Christians, but Columbus solved this problem. He simply refused to baptize the native people of Hispaniola.

On his second trip to the New World, Columbus brought cannons and attack dogs. If a native resisted slavery, he would cut off a nose or an ear. If slaves tried to escape, Columbus had them burned alive. Other times, he sent attack dogs to hunt them down, and the dogs would tear off the arms and legs of the screaming natives while they were still alive. If the Spaniards ran short of meat to feed the dogs, Arawak babies were killed for dog food.

Columbus' acts of cruelty were so unspeakable and so legendary - even in his own day - that Governor Francisco De Bobadilla arrested Columbus and his two brothers, slapped them into chains, and shipped them off to Spain to answer for their crimes against the Arawaks. But the King and Queen of Spain, their treasury filling up with gold, pardoned Columbus and let him go free.

One of Columbus' men, Bartolome De Las Casas, was so mortified by Columbus' brutal atrocities against the native peoples, that he quit working for Columbus and became a Catholic priest. He described how the Spaniards under Columbus' command cut off the legs of children who ran from them, to test the sharpness of their blades. According to De Las Casas, the men made bets as to who, with one sweep of his sword, could cut a person in half. He says that Columbus' men poured people full of boiling soap. In a single day, De Las Casas was an eye witness as the Spanish soldiers dismembered, beheaded, or raped 3000 native people. "Such inhumanities and barbarisms were committed in my sight as no age can parallel," De Las Casas wrote. "My eyes have seen these acts so foreign to human nature that now I tremble as I write.
"

Go here for more: Eric Kasum: Columbus Day? True Legacy: Cruelty and Slavery

(Close)

I can think of no american more overrated than MLK - a loser who never did anything but make speeches and encourage hatred of white ppl.

Professor mocks Columbus Day with list of

Oct 08, 2012
A prominent Ivy-League professor denounced Columbus Day and mocked those who celebrate it by releasing a list of individuals he deems are the “15 most overrated white people” on Monday.

Professor Marc Lamont Hill mocked Columbus Day by releasing a list of individuals he claims are the “most overrated White people.”
“To honor the true spirit of Columbus Day, I have created my own list of overrated white people,” he wrote in his article published on the Huffington Post.

The list includes Elvis Presley, Ronald Reagan, Babe Ruth, William Shakespeare, Tim Tebow, among others.

MLK encouraged hatred of white people? are you retarded?

I can think of no american more overrated than MLK - a loser who never did anything but make speeches and encourage hatred of white ppl.

Professor mocks Columbus Day with list of

Oct 08, 2012
A prominent Ivy-League professor denounced Columbus Day and mocked those who celebrate it by releasing a list of individuals he deems are the “15 most overrated white people” on Monday.

Professor Marc Lamont Hill mocked Columbus Day by releasing a list of individuals he claims are the “most overrated White people.”
“To honor the true spirit of Columbus Day, I have created my own list of overrated white people,” he wrote in his article published on the Huffington Post.

The list includes Elvis Presley, Ronald Reagan, Babe Ruth, William Shakespeare, Tim Tebow, among others.

MLK encouraged hatred of white people? are you retarded?

I can only hope that was a purely rhetorical question.

:D

Worse than absurdities.

Any time a technologically superior people encounter a technologically backwards people, the superior technology will prevail.

The plains Indians were literally stone age, not yet inventing the wheel, writing or even basic civil structure.

The central American Indians were more advanced. But the Aztecs were a violent and savage people. The Mayans were already all but wiped out by the time the Europeans arrived, whether by the Aztecs, drought, or disease, I can't say.

If the disease problem had been reversed and the Europeans had been killed off by that, their technology would not have saved them.

Who wasn't? The truth is this man discovered the new world for us all. Shouldn't that be honored? Exploration and discovery is at the core of human nature.

I see you know nothing about exploration and discovery... because otherwise you would know that Leif Ericson has that claim, and before that of course the peoples who first inhabited the land... who actually had to trek all that way.

As usual for this board, the problem here is one of illiteracy. Apparently, not many people know the definition of the word 'discover'.

In the sense of the second definition - to find first - obviously the word does not apply to Columbus . . . and no one has ever claimed that it did.

In the sense of the first definition - to make known - it very much applies.

Leif Ericson may have arrived here before Columbus, but he doesn't appear to have told much of anyone about it. Ditto for the people living here.

Columbus's voyage expanded the knowledge of the civilized world, because he did spread the news of what he encountered. Like it or not, he gets credit for making the existence of these continents widely known.
By that reasoning some credit should be given to Dr. Josef Mengele for discoveries derived from his research in genetics and pain tolerance at Auschwitz. But while the information has been incorporated into the annals of medical science, for obvious reasons we do not memorialize Dr. Mengele.

Columbus may very well be the most overrated person in the history of the world. Not only was he not the first guy to discover the Americas, he wasn't even the first white guy to discover the Americas! It takes quite a twist of affirmative action to consider Columbus to have made a significant contribution towards anything except the subjugation of large groups of people.

None of that justifies or excuses the gratuitously sadistic cruelties imposed on them.

I challenge you people to name a race or a region of this planet that hasn't been invaded. Tell me who hasn't fucked over another group of human beings???

If you're being taught that only the white man=bad. You have been fucked.
The argument is not who is good or bad but whose memory is celebrated in spite of having done some extraordinarily loathsome things. I suggest if you had studied some of the accounts of Columbus' conduct in Hispaniola you would not be defending his memory.

(Excerpt)

Shockingly, Columbus supervised the selling of native girls into sexual slavery. Young girls of the ages 9 to 10 were the most desired by his men. In 1500, Columbus casually wrote about it in his log. He said: "A hundred castellanoes are as easily obtained for a woman as for a farm, and it is very general and there are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand."

He forced these peaceful natives work in his gold mines until they died of exhaustion. If an "Indian" worker did not deliver his full quota of gold dust by Columbus' deadline, soldiers would cut off the man's hands and tie them around his neck to send a message. Slavery was so intolerable for these sweet, gentle island people that at one point, 100 of them committed mass suicide. Catholic law forbade the enslavement of Christians, but Columbus solved this problem. He simply refused to baptize the native people of Hispaniola.

On his second trip to the New World, Columbus brought cannons and attack dogs. If a native resisted slavery, he would cut off a nose or an ear. If slaves tried to escape, Columbus had them burned alive. Other times, he sent attack dogs to hunt them down, and the dogs would tear off the arms and legs of the screaming natives while they were still alive. If the Spaniards ran short of meat to feed the dogs, Arawak babies were killed for dog food.

Columbus' acts of cruelty were so unspeakable and so legendary - even in his own day - that Governor Francisco De Bobadilla arrested Columbus and his two brothers, slapped them into chains, and shipped them off to Spain to answer for their crimes against the Arawaks. But the King and Queen of Spain, their treasury filling up with gold, pardoned Columbus and let him go free.

One of Columbus' men, Bartolome De Las Casas, was so mortified by Columbus' brutal atrocities against the native peoples, that he quit working for Columbus and became a Catholic priest. He described how the Spaniards under Columbus' command cut off the legs of children who ran from them, to test the sharpness of their blades. According to De Las Casas, the men made bets as to who, with one sweep of his sword, could cut a person in half. He says that Columbus' men poured people full of boiling soap. In a single day, De Las Casas was an eye witness as the Spanish soldiers dismembered, beheaded, or raped 3000 native people. "Such inhumanities and barbarisms were committed in my sight as no age can parallel," De Las Casas wrote. "My eyes have seen these acts so foreign to human nature that now I tremble as I write.
"

Go here for more: Eric Kasum: Columbus Day? True Legacy: Cruelty and Slavery

(Close)

It is doubtful that a piece cited in the fucking Huffington Post is credible.

we know that Columbus and his people did some damaging stuff and that apparently did include some forms of torture and maiming. But the figures "cited" by the expert in the Huff and Puff piece are probably inaccurate propaganda even from the days of Columbus.

Forum List

Back