Black officer helps white supremacist suffering from heat at KKK rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
CKOLgKIWUAAAxGI.jpg

White-supremacist groups and African-American demonstrators clashed in Columbia, S.C., on Saturday, resulting in at least five arrests and seven people taken to hospitals as tensions — and temperatures — flared following the recent decision to remove the Confederate flag from the Statehouse grounds.

But it was the powerful image of a black police officer assisting a man wearing a black T-shirt bearing a swastika and struggling in the heat that resonated online.

In the photo, the officer, Leroy Smith, is seen holding the arm of the unidentified protester as he helped him up the stairs and out of the sun. According to the National Weather Service, temperatures in Columbia hit a high of 98 degrees Saturday.

Black officer helps white supremacist suffering from heat at KKK rally - Yahoo News

CKOLgKIWUAAAxGI.jpg

White-supremacist groups and African-American demonstrators clashed in Columbia, S.C., on Saturday, resulting in at least five arrests and seven people taken to hospitals as tensions — and temperatures — flared following the recent decision to remove the Confederate flag from the Statehouse grounds.

But it was the powerful image of a black police officer assisting a man wearing a black T-shirt bearing a swastika and struggling in the heat that resonated online.

In the photo, the officer, Leroy Smith, is seen holding the arm of the unidentified protester as he helped him up the stairs and out of the sun. According to the National Weather Service, temperatures in Columbia hit a high of 98 degrees Saturday.

Black officer helps white supremacist suffering from heat at KKK rally - Yahoo News
Great gesture but I wonder if the officer would have done the same for a protesting neoBlack panther !

Why does that officer hate black people?
I'm White and I watch the tv "ride-along" documentary,
COPS, quite a bit. I must say that with very few exceptions Black cops tend to conduct themselves with far less or with no unnecessary aggression than do their White counterparts. I suspect the reason for the difference is the simple fact that most if not all of them have at one time or other been subjected to what I agree is the objectionably arrogant and excessive aggression demonstrated by many (most?) White cops, or they know of it by frequently discussed reputation and description within their ethnic circle, so they understand how counterproductive it can be.

I'm not saying Black cops are more tolerant of the kind of belligerent bullshit many Black subjects are routinely capable of, but they do initiate contact with Black (and White) subjects in a much more stoic and un-provocative manner. However, if a subject behaves belligerently Black cops can and often do respond with far more ruthless aggression than do White cops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back