Black Nationalism

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Mortimer, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Mortimer

Mortimer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    What do you think? Are they anti-white?

Malcolm X explains the difference between separation and segregation.
    Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan. 23 January 1963.
    (Transcribed text from audio excerpt)

The black man that you're not familiar with is the one that we would like to point out now. He is a new type. He is the type that seldom the white man ever comes into contact with. And when you do come into contact with him you're shocked because you didn't know that this type of black man existed. And immediately you think, "Well here's one of those black supremacists or racists or extremists who believe in violence and all that other kind of..." Well, that's what they call it.

This new type of black man, he doesn't want integration; he wants separation. Not segregation, separation. To him, segregation, as we're taught by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, means that which is forced upon inferiors by superiors. A segregated community is a Negro community. But the white community, though it's all white, is never called a segregated community. It's a separate community. In the white community, the white man controls the economy, his own economy, his own politics, his own everything. That's his community. But at the same time while the Negro lives in a separate community, it's a segregated community. Which means it's regulated from the outside by outsiders. The white man has all of the businesses in the Negro community. He runs the politics of the Negro community. He controls all the civic organizations in the Negro community. This is a segregated community.

We don't go for segregation. We go for separation. Separation is when you have your own. You control your own economy; you control your own politics; you control your own society; you control your own everything. You have yours and you control yours; we have ours and we control ours.

They don't call Chinatown in New York City or on the West Coast a segregated community, yet it's all Chinese. But the Chinese control it. Chinese voluntarily live there, they control it. They run it. They have their own schools. They control their own politics, control their own industry. And they don't feel like they're being made inferior because they have to live to themselves. They choose to live to themselves. They live there voluntarily. And they are doing for themselves in their community the same thing you do for yourself in your community. This makes them equal because they have what you have. But if they didn't have what you have, then they'd be controlled from your side; even though they would be on their side, they'd be controlled from your side by you.

So when we who follow the Honorable Elijah Muhammad say that we're for separation, it should be emphasized we're not for segregation; we're for separation. We want the same for ourselves as you have for yourselves. And when we get it, then it's possible to think more intelligently and to think in terms that are along peaceful lines. But a man who doesn't have what is his, he can never think always in terms that are along peaceful lines.

2. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +7,750
    Since I'm a Nationalist, I can't fault Blacks for being Nationalists too.

3. beautress

beautress Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,460
    Separation was tried and failed in Europe, Mortimer. This may not end well as planned.

4. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +7,750
    How? Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia separated, and it probably would still be chaos there if they didn't.

5. Mortimer

Mortimer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    I dont neccessarily agree with the seperation thing as in that races shouldnt mix at all but to me it doesnt sound anti-white really but more anti-Imperialist, they want to decolonise and to take their fate into their own hands. Self-determination, they want only what whites have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anathema

Anathema Crotchety Olde Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,050
    I’m all for Black Nationalism. I just want to know what part of Africa they plan to take over to make it happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mortimer

Mortimer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    I dont agree with that. Blacks should take over their communities in america. What you say is again what they stood against for, as directed by superiors to inferiors, a White man tells them what they should do where they should go where they should live etc. He deports them.

8. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,460
    The sports world would go kaput and fizzle if our dear blacks packed up and went to the Congo. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mortimer

Mortimer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    White are not more native to the new world then blacks. It was american native land.

10. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,460
    The black ladies get their noses out of joint if too many of their black men marry whites. And it ain't pretty even if I don't blame them in the least. Many of them are very proud to have beautiful mahogany-colored skin, and so do many of their men. With equal pay coming around in their corner, it's kinda fun to go to a nice restaurant and seeing a couple of dozen ladies having a ball giving baby presents out to the lucky mother-to-be in their group. They know how to have a good time, and hearing them laugh and be happy makes everyone in earshot feel good. I can still remember the joy and gladness of a group that was celebrating 4 or 5 years ago at a local Mexican restaurant. I never forget sounds for some reason, and I smile just to replay the tape in my mind.