Black leaders in Florida say bans on text-driving are RACIST!!!

But African-American lawmakers, citing racial disparities in studies of traffic stops and acts of police violence against blacks, are wary of the idea.

“There’s a concern that it could be a pretext to stop certain individuals,” said Sen. Perry Thurston, D-Lauderhill, chairman of the 28-member legislative black caucus and an opponent of a tougher texting law.
Sadly, these black "leaders" are too fucking dumb to realize that allowing people to text while they drive endangers black drivers as much as it does drivers of any other race.

Do these African-American lawmakers think being in a collision caused by an irresponsible person sending a text is preferable to being stopped by the police? Can that even be called thinking?

Only racial profiling in america is affirmative action.

So you hate speeders, you hate drivers who text......you sure as HELL better have a PERFECT driving record and you better not EVER break the speed limit by 1mph OR EVER TEXT or else you're a fucking hypocrite. For some reason, I don't think you do all of that shit. I'm a commercial driver and I don't hate speeders or texters. I guess because if they want to tangle with the front of my Freightliner it won't hurt me but it will hurt them.

How can anyone support text-drivers???. Text-drivers are psychopaths with no concern for the safety of others and we need to throw the book at them. But blacks say no.

If u txt while u drive, FL wants u to stop. But will that add to racial profiling?

dec 5 2017 TALLAHASSEE
Support is building across Florida for a stronger law banning texting while driving, but some black legislators say they’ll fight the idea, claiming that it could invite more abuses by police.

A broad coalition of groups representing police, sheriffs, parents, retirees, doctors, businesses and others is mobilizing to pass a bill to elevate texting from a secondary to a primary offense, meaning police could ticket drivers who text, without needing another reason to stop them.

“It’s time to strengthen the law,” argues the FL DNT TXT N DRV Coalition. “Drivers who choose to text and drive are a danger not only to themselves, but to everyone else on the road.”

But African-American lawmakers, citing racial disparities in studies of traffic stops and acts of police violence against blacks, are wary of the idea.

“There’s a concern that it could be a pretext to stop certain individuals,” said Sen. Perry Thurston, D-Lauderhill, chairman of the 28-member legislative black caucus and an opponent of a tougher texting law.

I would ban the use of smartphones by drivers in moving vehicles, period.

1st offense: $5000 fine or loss of license until paid.

2nd offense: $10,000 fine and loss of license for six months, longer if fine is unpaid..

3rd offense: Five years mandatory jail time, $25,000 fine, loss of license forever, car impounded and sold with proceeds to charity.
Ban it for the cops first. They use lap tops while they drive. If it's ok for the cops ....

And what's funny is that they have laws about texting and driving. talking on the phone and driving. etc. But it's totally legal to use a 2 way radio while driving, like a CB or Ham radio. In fact no state can pass a law banning the use of Ham radio while driving because it's considered part of the emergency response network. I have a Ham radio in my car and can use it as much as I want in any state in the nation. I'm part of the NOAA WX radio weather reporting station network. Whenever you get a report over your phone of a tornado spotted in the area or any other severe weather, chances are it was a Ham radio operator who reported it. And since we can report from our cars and most likely will when it comes to weather, we can never be banned from doing that.

Last edited:
I don't want people to do anything while driving except keep ones eyes on the road and concentrate on driving.

So you hate speeders, you hate drivers who text......you sure as HELL better have a PERFECT driving record and you better not EVER break the speed limit by 1mph OR EVER TEXT or else you're a fucking hypocrite. For some reason, I don't think you do all of that shit. I'm a commercial driver and I don't hate speeders or texters. I guess because if they want to tangle with the front of my Freightliner it won't hurt me but it will hurt them.

do your kids know that daddy is a psychopath?

Ban it for the cops first. They use lap tops while they drive. If it's ok for the cops ....

Cops speed too. And i have no doubt they drive drunk while on the job. Laws don't apply to govt workers.

I don't want people to do anything while driving except keep ones eyes on the road and concentrate on driving.

Amen to that. Even radios should be banned from cars. The auto industry and media have brainwashed the idiot american into thinking driving a car should be fun!!!! In fact its the most dangerous thing we do every day.

typical black idiocy
I think in some states it's ok to text if you are a certain age
Missouri bans texting for all drivers 21 years old or younger and all commercial vehicle drivers. Additionally, the state restricts most other phone use while driving outside of making calls. Make sure to review Missouri's regulations regarding cell phone use.
?????? why not ban all ages?
Missouri Safety Laws - Cell Phone, Seat Belt, & Car Seat | DMV.org

But what's the penalty?. $25? That's what it is in some parts of the country. The penalty should involve loss of license and a big fine. Jail time too for offense number 2+.

These are psychopaths that love to kill and maim and it's time to stop coddling them.

That's what you called yourself when you said you support text-driving. THINK, psychopath nutter.

Please quote me saying that I "support text-driving."
Being against them is stupid.
Cops, UPS, FedEx, Realtors, Uber Drivers, Lyft drivers, Taxi Cab drivers, Pizza delivery, Chinese food delivery, Truck drivers, Train Conductors, etc would all be unemployed if they couldn't use their cellphones and/or laptops while driving.

How can anyone support text-drivers???. Text-drivers are psychopaths with no concern for the safety of others and we need to throw the book at them. But blacks say no.

If u txt while u drive, FL wants u to stop. But will that add to racial profiling?

dec 5 2017 TALLAHASSEE
Support is building across Florida for a stronger law banning texting while driving, but some black legislators say they’ll fight the idea, claiming that it could invite more abuses by police.

A broad coalition of groups representing police, sheriffs, parents, retirees, doctors, businesses and others is mobilizing to pass a bill to elevate texting from a secondary to a primary offense, meaning police could ticket drivers who text, without needing another reason to stop them.

“It’s time to strengthen the law,” argues the FL DNT TXT N DRV Coalition. “Drivers who choose to text and drive are a danger not only to themselves, but to everyone else on the road.”

you're misstating what the article said,
what it said is they are concerned that redneck cops will use the regs as an excuse to stop black drivers.

Cops, UPS, FedEx, Realtors, Uber Drivers, Lyft drivers, Taxi Cab drivers, Pizza delivery, Chinese food delivery, Truck drivers, Train Conductors, etc would all be unemployed if they couldn't use their cellphones and/or laptops while driving.

HAHAHA. Oh yeah - there were no cops or truck drivers until cell phones were invented!!!

You are the dumbest person in history.

what it said is they are concerned that redneck cops will use the regs as an excuse to stop black drivers.

HAHAHA. You and your conspiracy theories. The world is not out to get black people, you fool. Just the opposite. Thanks to affirmative action, black privilege is everywhere. THINK

HAHAHA. You and your conspiracy theories. The world is not out to get black people, you fool. Just the opposite. Thanks to affirmative action, black privilege is everywhere. THINK

ya...because redneck cops never shoot unarmed black men during traffic stops, right?

that isn't a conspiracy theory, silly child. it's reality.

HAHAHA. Oh yeah - there were no cops or truck drivers until cell phones were invented!!!

You are the dumbest person in history.
I am the dumbest person in history. You're the one who doesn't get it. Without the things that 'can' distract us from driving, a lot of us can't do our jobs.

Forum List

Back