Black GOP Official Resigns, Citing Arizona Tea Party Threats

Maybe these FOUR Republicans are basing their decisions on their personal encounters with tea party members...

Maybe
the bullshit is coming from the media sources that ignore or worse, defend this harassment and intimidation...just maybe

Or, maybe their basing them on people pretending they are members of the TEA Parties.

Or are you still pretending that the TEA Parties are racist? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know! It's hysterical how the left are so desperate that they continue to play the race card with the TEA Parties! Makes me laugh.

Or, maybe their basing them on people pretending they are members of the TEA Parties.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know! It's hysterical how the left are so desperate that they continue to play the race card with the TEA Parties! Makes me laugh.

Then shit, that makes two of us.

I just absolutely LOVE the desperation to claim that teabaggers aren't racist.

Of course, nobody is buying that bullshit .. but you keep on plugging it. :lol: .. and I'll keep on laughing at it.

Sometimes I respect what you say because you call BS on both sides but this time its gone too far. When four republican politicians resign its not because they watch too much "liberal media" in a predominantly republican state.

They have bought into the hysteria and there is no reason for the hysteria to be there in the first place. This was not a political shooting.

Sometimes I respect what you say because you call BS on both sides but this time its gone too far. When four republican politicians resign its not because they watch too much "liberal media" in a predominantly republican state.

They have bought into the hysteria and there is no reason for the hysteria to be there in the first place. This was not a political shooting.

I agree, its not a political shooting. Crazy people arent political.

After seeing someone get gunned down and recieving potentially violent threats from what I would consider my political colleagues, I think I would be hard pressed to call him a coward.

A coward would not have gotten passed the first threat. A rational person may leave when there is a perception of violence on the horizon.

Hardcore---would have attacked anyone threating them on the spot. Palin's Hardcore!

By the way, I doubt this has to do with race.

This has to do with centrism and the hatred of centrism on the right! I know, leftist hate centrists too, but the post is about a supporter of McCain running scared from his elected post. Yep, it is about time for the middle to form their own party.

Kind of like Unity08--but that fell apart before the elections!!

Last edited:
Maybe they should stop believing the bullshit from the liberal media.

Maybe these FOUR Republicans are basing their decisions on their personal encounters with tea party members...

Maybe
the bullshit is coming from the media sources that ignore or worse, defend this harassment and intimidation...just maybe

WHY pretend? Here is how the tea party kicked off their very first national convention.

“If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
Douglas Adams

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-cEtUfJhI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-cEtUfJhI[/ame]

Of course, nobody is buying that bullshit .. but you keep on plugging it. :lol: .. and I'll keep on laughing at it.

The TEA parties are not racist. True story.

He's an idiot. The shooting had no connection to the TEA Parties. I dare say the GOP is better off without cowardly, irrational representatives.

Its not cowardly to want to protect your family, HOWEVER, it arrogant to take a person or two and assign it to the enter grass-root movement. I GUARANTEE a lot of Tea Party supporters voted for him over the Democrat! No doubt in my mind of it!

What is to say it was a Tea Partier that did this! Could have been a coffee Party member (whose only goal is to inflitrate the Tea Party and do crazy and racist things to make them look bad)!

I'm not accusing you of racism and I applaud your post where you took a stand against a racist comment, but from where I sit, teabggers are seriously racist. Tom Tancredo is inidcative of the entire "movement."

How aggressively did you attack Tancredo's racist speech?

Frankly, it's hardly worth debate on whether the Tea Party is racist or not.There are lots of racist white supremists among you. That's no secret .. YOU know it .. in your words, "own it."

I'm not accusing you of racism and I applaud your post where you took a stand against a racist comment, but from where I sit, teabggers are seriously racist. Tom Tancredo is inidcative of the entire "movement."

Frankly, it's hardly worth debate on whether the Tea Party is racist or not.There are lots of racist white supremists among you. That's no secret .. YOU know it .. in your words, "own it."

Exactly what proof do you have for such a strong statement?
Are their racists that are part of the tea party? Yes.
Are their racists that are part of Major League Baseball? Yes.
Are their racists that live on my block? Yes.

Why do you consider the movement racist becuase some racists believe in the movement?
Is there something w9thin the tea party platform that says "racism"?

It is an unfair generalization and quite offensive to those of us that are not racists.

I dont consider Major League Baseball a racist.

Why do you consider the movement racist becuase some racists believe in the movement?

It is an unfair generalization and quite offensive to those of us that are not racists.

There are Racist's in almost every aspect of our lives, every size shape and Color, even here at USMB. We tolerate it as do you. Address it when you see it, confront it. People who incite, need to step back and consider the unanticipated reactions to those comments. Hate is hate, under any label, any brand. What each of us allows, we are forced to live with, inside and out.

Iagree with this post 100% but I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed to find you're a member of the tea party tbh

One of my biggest pet peeves is when one uses the word "too" instead of "to" ro when one uses "your" intead of "you're"..

And I used "their" three times in a row instead of "there".

Just sayin'.

Iagree with this post 100% but I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed to find you're a member of the tea party tbh

I am not a member of the tea party. I am not a memeber of any party, although I do like to party.

I am insulted as the tea party is comprised mostly of right leaning individuals and I am most certainly right leaning.

And what would be the issue with me belonging to the tea party? I agree with many aspects of the movement. I dont belong to the party becuase I am an independant thinker and never want to feel the need to say or do something to show allegience if I dont agree with it.

I don't consider Major League Baseball racist either .. and racist elements within it do not control the game or its direction. During the time when those elements did, bold and conscious people fought against them .. and marginalized them into meaningless. In fact, that is true of every American sport. Intelligence didn't come on its own, it had to be fought for.

Is Tom Tancredo still respected in the Tea Party?

Of course he is, and Tancredo is a racist to the bone. Makes no apologies for it. I could post a plethora of racist comments from Tea Party LEADERS, many who continue to be leaders.

If the Tea Party doesn't want the perception that it's racist, it is incumbent on the Tea Party alone to rid the vermin from their ranks .. but you know as well as I do that they have no intention of doing that.

Those of you who are not racist should engage in some serious introspective my brother. The company you keep is mindlessly racist. That's no secret.

I'm not a democrat, but any democrat spouting racist bullshit would be immediately attacked BY DEMOCRATS. The Democratic Party is not dependent on any racist element. Attacking racists costs them nothing.

You cannot make the same claim about teabaggers.

That's how I seperate racist elements and a racist group.

Here's something you should take to heart my friend. "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing."

Last edited:

I am not a member of the tea party. I am not a memeber of any party, although I do like to party.

I am insulted as the tea party is comprised mostly of right leaning individuals and I am most certainly right leaning.

And what would be the issue with me belonging to the tea party? I agree with many aspects of the movement. I dont belong to the party becuase I am an independant thinker and never want to feel the need to say or do something to show allegience if I dont agree with it.

Because, although I don't find it hateful or racist or any of the other shit, it was certainly based on a canaard.

It's a "new party" of independants mad at Government..........was the story. It was Conservatives 2.0, in reality. And to me, people that fell for the independant new party thing are a bit gullible to believe that.

I don't consider Major League Baseball racist either .. and racist elements within it do not control the game or its direction. During the time when those elements did, bold and conscious people fought against them .. and marginalized them into meaningless. In fact, that is true of every American sport. Intelligence didn't come on its own, it had to be fought for.

Is Tom Tancredo still respected in the Tea Party?

Of course he is, and Tancredo is a racist to the bone. Makes no apologies for it. I could post a plethora of racist comments from Tea Party LEADERS, many who continue to be leaders.

If the Tea Party doesn't want the perception that it's racist, it is incumbent on the Tea Party alone to rid the vermin from their ranks .. but you know as well as I do that they have no intention of doing that.

Those of you who are not racist should engage in some serious introspective my brother. The company you keep is mindlessly racist. That's no secret.

I'm not a democrat, but any democrat spouting racist bullshit would be immediately attacked BY DEMOCRATS. The Democratic Party is not dependent on any racist element. Attacking racists costs them nothing.

You cannot make the same claim about teabaggers.

That's how I seperate racist elements and a racist group.

Here's something you should take to heart my friend. "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing."

Well said.

I am not a Tancredo fan by any means. And to be quite frank, I beluieve I have never heard him speak...other than an intereview here and there.

I do not know of his racist tendencies, but if he has them and they are evident, then he should be denounced for them.

I dont see the tea party as a real party with leaders. I see it as a movement. People standing up and letting their reps know they have had enough.

I take the movement seriously just as I took the movement of the 60's seriously and I took Cindy Sheehans solo movement seriously. I disagreed with Sheehan, but I applauded her passion. I appreicate those that stand up for what they feel.

Perhaps you should view the "tea baggers" as I do....not a party but a movement. Why? Becuase most of them are just speaking out and not really affiliated with the "party" itself....just with the basic tenet of smaller government and less spending.

Because, although I don't find it hateful or racist or any of the other shit, it was certainly based on a canaard.

It's a "new party" of independants mad at Government..........was the story. It was Conservatives 2.0, in reality. And to me, people that fell for the independant new party thing are a bit gullible to believe that.

Most I know that attend the ralley's see it as a movement...not a party.
I believe most in general do.

I am old enough to recall the sit ins and moratoriums of the 60's. Most just used them as forums to speak out. Many didnt even know the reason for any individual event...they just went as they appreiocated the fact that they could gather and speak out.

It was healthy back then and it is healthy now.

PHP4D2D045C53EE3.jpg

The sole black Republican Party district chairman in Arizona resigned from his post in the wake of Saturday's shooting, citing threats from the Tea Party faction and concerns for his family's safety.

District Chairman Anthony Miller and several others resigned.

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

The first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

His resignation comes in the wake of the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Tucson), and the killing of several others, including a federal judge, at a political rally over the weekend. Although there have been no links discovered between the shooter, Jared Loughner, and the Tea Party, political opponents have blamed the movement and one of its major figures, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, for creating an atmosphere that encourages violence.

Last month, Miller was re-elected to his second term as district chairman following the November general election, which saw Democratic incumbents like U.S. Rep. Harry Mitchell (D-Ariz.) and state Rep. Rae Waters (D-Ahwatukee Foothills) unseated in favor of Republican candidates.

Miller said the recent party election involved infighting between Miller and his allies and a "radical" local Tea Party faction calling itself the "New Vision" slate.

"There's trouble within the Republican Party," he said. "I'm seeing this new faction, the Sarah Palin type of Republicans."

"a radical local Tea Party faction" Do you actually believe this? Have you ever met anyone that was a tea party member? I have never met nor seen even on TV a tea party member that spouted violence. Tea Party members are merely frustrated with what tax paying, hard working, love of country people feel is negative for the country. The Tea Party type people are the ones that built and protected this country since its beginning. Go to one of the Tea Party meetings and talk to the members and see for yourself. Then come back and tell me about all the violence you have seen among them.

Forum List

Back