Black GOP Official Resigns, Citing Arizona Tea Party Threats

I am not a member of the tea party. I am not a memeber of any party, although I do like to party.

I am insulted as the tea party is comprised mostly of right leaning individuals and I am most certainly right leaning.

And what would be the issue with me belonging to the tea party? I agree with many aspects of the movement. I dont belong to the party becuase I am an independant thinker and never want to feel the need to say or do something to show allegience if I dont agree with it.

Because, although I don't find it hateful or racist or any of the other shit, it was certainly based on a canaard.

It's a "new party" of independants mad at Government..........was the story. It was Conservatives 2.0, in reality. And to me, people that fell for the independant new party thing are a bit gullible to believe that.

Most I know that attend the ralley's see it as a movement...not a party.
I believe most in general do.

I am old enough to recall the sit ins and moratoriums of the 60's. Most just used them as forums to speak out. Many didnt even know the reason for any individual event...they just went as they appreiocated the fact that they could gather and speak out.

It was healthy back then and it is healthy now.

It was a stunt to grab political power for Conservatives. It's no more a movement then "Conservatism" is a movement, they simply guised it as something different in an attempt to attract new on-lookers who may not recognize that it's not an independant movement, it's the same Conservative movement.

I mean, really, it was never rocket science to me, it was the same sloganeering you'd find in any Conservative's campaign while running for office. The pretending is why it turned me off, albeit some of the views also kept me away.

Tea Party Mission Statement
First of all, please allow us to explain a common misunderstanding about the Tea Party movement. The Tea Party movement is not a political party and instead is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties that share similar core principles of supporting the original US Constitution as the founders intended of limited federal government, individual liberty and freedom, personal responsibility, free markets and ultimately giving the power to the States’ and the people themselves. The Tea Party as a movement is not a political party nor is looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party movement is instead about reforming all political parties and government to follow those core principles mentioned above. TheTeaParty.net is a national resource for all people to use that support the Tea Party movement so they can start a tea party, find a local Tea Party in their area, get a free Tea Party website, start a free Tea Party blog, get the daily Tea Party newsletter of event information, register to vote, communicate with others in the Tea Party movement and much more. Join and/or support the Tea Party movement and its core principles by filling out the form above.

The mission of TheTeaParty.net is simple; return the United States to the States and the people to which the US Constitution was written to do. The US Constitution was written by our founders to limit the powers of the federal government and instead give the power to the people and the States. As a committed group of ordinary Americans, we will achieve this by promoting candidates who commit to the original founding principles of the US Constitution of limited Federal Government, States rights, balanced budgets, individual liberty, freedom and personal responsibility. We will also expose the candidates that do not adhere to these basic US Constitutional principles. We will also support and promote the "New Contract From America" for each Senator and Congressman/woman to commit to and sign each year. For those who refuse to sign the new Contract From America, we will expose those candidates or current politicians who will not commit to these basic principles of Freedom and Liberty and instead believe it is Government who "knows best". We believe most of Americans do not want out of control spending in Washington, bailouts, government controls of private businesses, socializing of Americans health care and other government ran services. Our mission is based on US Constitution original principles and not political party. We will support candidates from any party that commit to these principles and expose those who do not and let the people decide on Election Day. In a nutshell, we need American patriots help by joining the movement, donating if you are able to and passing the movement on to your family, friends and neighbors. If we all grow together and do this, we WILL save the Freedom and Liberty that is so precious to all of us and to our founding principles. Thank you for your support and may God Bless America!

Join The Tea Party

That said, I have no issue with you or anyone else outing Racism wherever you find it. There are many forms it takes. Try to remember that.

I'm not accusing you of racism and I applaud your post where you took a stand against a racist comment, but from where I sit, teabggers are seriously racist. Tom Tancredo is inidcative of the entire "movement."

How aggressively did you attack Tancredo's racist speech?

Frankly, it's hardly worth debate on whether the Tea Party is racist or not.There are lots of racist white supremists among you. That's no secret .. YOU know it .. in your words, "own it."

Exactly what proof do you have for such a strong statement?
Are their racists that are part of the tea party? Yes.
Are their racists that are part of Major League Baseball? Yes.
Are their racists that live on my block? Yes.

Why do you consider the movement racist becuase some racists believe in the movement?
Is there something w9thin the tea party platform that says "racism"?

It is an unfair generalization and quite offensive to those of us that are not racists.

I dont consider Major League Baseball a racist.

I don't consider Major League Baseball racist either .. and racist elements within it do not control the game or its direction. During the time when those elements did, bold and conscious people fought against them .. and marginalized them into meaningless. In fact, that is true of every American sport. Intelligence didn't come on its own, it had to be fought for.

Is Tom Tancredo still respected in the Tea Party?

Of course he is, and Tancredo is a racist to the bone. Makes no apologies for it. I could post a plethora of racist comments from Tea Party LEADERS, many who continue to be leaders.

If the Tea Party doesn't want the perception that it's racist, it is incumbent on the Tea Party alone to rid the vermin from their ranks .. but you know as well as I do that they have no intention of doing that.

Those of you who are not racist should engage in some serious introspective my brother. The company you keep is mindlessly racist. That's no secret.

I'm not a democrat, but any democrat spouting racist bullshit would be immediately attacked BY DEMOCRATS. The Democratic Party is not dependent on any racist element. Attacking racists costs them nothing.

You cannot make the same claim about teabaggers.

That's how I seperate racist elements and a racist group.

Here's something you should take to heart my friend. "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing."

There are racists in any walk of life, including in the Democrats, there are anti-gays in any walk of life, including the Democrats.

I can - and I will say that the TEA Parties are not fundamentally racist. It's already been proven with evidence (or, actually, the absolutely lack of any legitimate evidence).... Lots of my family and my friends are supporters of the TEA Parties.... including blacks and a couple of Muslims.

I know it's easier to label them than it is to deal with them.... the media has been labeling them as racists so clearly it's the simple answer.

PHP4D2D045C53EE3.jpg

The sole black Republican Party district chairman in Arizona resigned from his post in the wake of Saturday's shooting, citing threats from the Tea Party faction and concerns for his family's safety.

District Chairman Anthony Miller and several others resigned.

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

The first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

His resignation comes in the wake of the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Tucson), and the killing of several others, including a federal judge, at a political rally over the weekend. Although there have been no links discovered between the shooter, Jared Loughner, and the Tea Party, political opponents have blamed the movement and one of its major figures, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, for creating an atmosphere that encourages violence.

Last month, Miller was re-elected to his second term as district chairman following the November general election, which saw Democratic incumbents like U.S. Rep. Harry Mitchell (D-Ariz.) and state Rep. Rae Waters (D-Ahwatukee Foothills) unseated in favor of Republican candidates.

Miller said the recent party election involved infighting between Miller and his allies and a "radical" local Tea Party faction calling itself the "New Vision" slate.

"There's trouble within the Republican Party," he said. "I'm seeing this new faction, the Sarah Palin type of Republicans."

"a radical local Tea Party faction" Do you actually believe this? Have you ever met anyone that was a tea party member? I have never met nor seen even on TV a tea party member that spouted violence. Tea Party members are merely frustrated with what tax paying, hard working, love of country people feel is negative for the country. The Tea Party type people are the ones that built and protected this country since its beginning. Go to one of the Tea Party meetings and talk to the members and see for yourself. Then come back and tell me about all the violence you have seen among them.

12000 attended a ralley in NYC and not a single act of violence and not a single arrest.
the The official police report that was dsitributed to the media said that the approximate number was 12K and that there was not a single event that required police intervention

the local NBC affiliate said a few hundred people showed up and NBC thanked the NYPD for keeping order amongst a very angry and unruly crowd.

Because, although I don't find it hateful or racist or any of the other shit, it was certainly based on a canaard.

It's a "new party" of independants mad at Government..........was the story. It was Conservatives 2.0, in reality. And to me, people that fell for the independant new party thing are a bit gullible to believe that.

I am old enough to recall the sit ins and moratoriums of the 60's. Most just used them as forums to speak out. Many didnt even know the reason for any individual event...they just went as they appreiocated the fact that they could gather and speak out.

It was a stunt to grab political power for Conservatives. It's no more a movement then "Conservatism" is a movement, they simply guised it as something different in an attempt to attract new on-lookers who may not recognize that it's not an independant movement, it's the same Conservative movement.

I mean, really, it was never rocket science to me, it was the same sloganeering you'd find in any Conservative's campaign while running for office. The pretending is why it turned me off, albeit some of the views also kept me away.

Lets assume you are correct..it was a stunt to bring out more voters....bring more people into the political world...open the eyes of more people...

And the issue is? Anything that gets more people interested in what government is all about is a good thing in my eyes.

Lets assume you are correct..it was a stunt to bring out more voters....bring more people into the political world...open the eyes of more people...

And the issue is? Anything that gets more people interested in what government is all about is a good thing in my eyes.

The issue is that I'm just a big ole fan of keeping it real, that's all. It's no huge issue but to me it's classic falling for a gimmick.....which is fine and everyone does it.

Why do you consider the movement racist becuase some racists believe in the movement?

It is an unfair generalization and quite offensive to those of us that are not racists.

I don't consider Major League Baseball racist either .. and racist elements within it do not control the game or its direction. During the time when those elements did, bold and conscious people fought against them .. and marginalized them into meaningless. In fact, that is true of every American sport. Intelligence didn't come on its own, it had to be fought for.

Of course he is, and Tancredo is a racist to the bone. Makes no apologies for it. I could post a plethora of racist comments from Tea Party LEADERS, many who continue to be leaders.

If the Tea Party doesn't want the perception that it's racist, it is incumbent on the Tea Party alone to rid the vermin from their ranks .. but you know as well as I do that they have no intention of doing that.

Those of you who are not racist should engage in some serious introspective my brother. The company you keep is mindlessly racist. That's no secret.

I'm not a democrat, but any democrat spouting racist bullshit would be immediately attacked BY DEMOCRATS. The Democratic Party is not dependent on any racist element. Attacking racists costs them nothing.

Here's something you should take to heart my friend. "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing."

There are racists in any walk of life, including in the Democrats, there are anti-gays in any walk of life, including the Democrats.

I can - and I will say that the TEA Parties are not fundamentally racist. It's already been proven with evidence (or, actually, the absolutely lack of any legitimate evidence).... Lots of my family and my friends are supporters of the TEA Parties.... including blacks and a couple of Muslims.

I know it's easier to label them than it is to deal with them.... the media has been labeling them as racists so clearly it's the simple answer.

I've been talking to several teabaggers since they were part of the Ron Paul "movement." I tell them the same thing I'm saying to you.

Overt racism is not allowed in the Democratic Party. No secret why African-Americans support them, even though I don't. No secret why democrats are the party of choice for almost all American minorities.

You have no argument about gays given the perspectives of democrats vs republicans. No argument at all.

The long and ugly-ass history of racism and hate of everything by the right-wing is no secret and the right-wing is among you. You cannot disavow them, you cannot reject them because you need their numbers.

My perception of the Tea Party comes up-close and personal.

Last edited:
This is so pathetic see how easy it is to turn the argument toward " they are racists" is this racist?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bass v 2.0
Sorry white boy, I don't need you or any other whites to tell me or any other blacks which blacks they should look up to. Get that through your thick skull, praise your well trained Negro lapdogs and house slaves, but don't hold them up as examples for other blacks.

Can we please cut this bull... this post has nothing to with race, move on people you're falling in the trap, This right were the libs want it.

PHP4D2D045C53EE3.jpg

The sole black Republican Party district chairman in Arizona resigned from his post in the wake of Saturday's shooting, citing threats from the Tea Party faction and concerns for his family's safety.

District Chairman Anthony Miller and several others resigned.

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

The first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

His resignation comes in the wake of the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Tucson), and the killing of several others, including a federal judge, at a political rally over the weekend. Although there have been no links discovered between the shooter, Jared Loughner, and the Tea Party, political opponents have blamed the movement and one of its major figures, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, for creating an atmosphere that encourages violence.

Last month, Miller was re-elected to his second term as district chairman following the November general election, which saw Democratic incumbents like U.S. Rep. Harry Mitchell (D-Ariz.) and state Rep. Rae Waters (D-Ahwatukee Foothills) unseated in favor of Republican candidates.

Miller said the recent party election involved infighting between Miller and his allies and a "radical" local Tea Party faction calling itself the "New Vision" slate.

"There's trouble within the Republican Party," he said. "I'm seeing this new faction, the Sarah Palin type of Republicans."

"a radical local Tea Party faction" Do you actually believe this? Have you ever met anyone that was a tea party member? I have never met nor seen even on TV a tea party member that spouted violence. Tea Party members are merely frustrated with what tax paying, hard working, love of country people feel is negative for the country. The Tea Party type people are the ones that built and protected this country since its beginning. Go to one of the Tea Party meetings and talk to the members and see for yourself. Then come back and tell me about all the violence you have seen among them.

The tea partiers are conservative to ultra conservative...

Conservatives in 1776 were called tories, loyalists, red coats and lobsterbacks.

There was no such thing as a libertarian in those days.

America was founded on liberal principles and tenets.

I've been talking to several teabaggers since they were part of the Ron Paul "movement." I tell them the same thing I'm saying to you.

Overt racism is not allowed in the Democratic Party. No secret why African-Americans support them, even though I don't. No secret why democrats are the party of choice for almost all American minorities.

You have no argument about gays given the perspectives of democrats vs republicans. No argument at all.

The long and ugly-ass history of racism and hate of everything by the right-wing is no secret and the right-wing is among you. You cannot disavow them, you cannot reject them because you need their numbers.

I started this thread partly becouse of you, Read it quit showing you're ignorance

http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/149836-republicans-the-real-allies-of-african-americans.html

Your statements are disingenuous, BAC. Republicans proudly took up the cause and marched off to the murderous battlefields dying in the hundreds of thousands to free the black man from slavery and make them fully participating equal citizens. Yet, even still with all of that, after the Civil War, Democrat racists immediately began to devise methods of limiting and denying the civil liberties of black people. One of the tools Democrats moved to utilize to control and safeguard the old racist societal order was the white Democrat racist legal system.

Have you forgotten of the recent whitewashing circa 1960's, southern democrats? Surely not, BAC.

Last edited:

Your statements are disingenuous, BAC. Republicans proudly took up the cause and marched off to the murderous battlefields dying in the hundreds of thousands to free the black man from slavery and make them fully participating equal citizens. Yet, even still with all of that, after the Civil War, Democrat racists immediately began to devise methods of limiting and denying the civil liberties of black people. One of the tools Democrats moved to utilize to control and safeguard the old racist societal order was the white Democrat racist legal system.

Have you forgotten of the recent whitewashing circa 1960's, southern democrats? Surely not, BAC.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/149836-republicans-the-real-allies-of-african-americans.html

Well said.

I am not a Tancredo fan by any means. And to be quite frank, I beluieve I have never heard him speak...other than an intereview here and there.

I do not know of his racist tendencies, but if he has them and they are evident, then he should be denounced for them.

I dont see the tea party as a real party with leaders. I see it as a movement. People standing up and letting their reps know they have had enough.

I take the movement seriously just as I took the movement of the 60's seriously and I took Cindy Sheehans solo movement seriously. I disagreed with Sheehan, but I applauded her passion. I appreicate those that stand up for what they feel.

Perhaps you should view the "tea baggers" as I do....not a party but a movement. Why? Becuase most of them are just speaking out and not really affiliated with the "party" itself....just with the basic tenet of smaller government and less spending.

Always a good conversation to be had when you're on the other end of it brother.

Google Tancredo, google racist hate speech by tea party leaders.

I do not see the Tea Party as a politicial party, don't see them as a "movement." I see them as an artificial political invention who were conveniently used by the corporate will. Mainstream and established republicans will not allow them to take over their party. Republicans are already attacking them .. and they are attacking back. What a joke.

Tea Party hero today, you're garbage the next day. Just ask Scott Brown.

Americans have no understanding of how this system works and how we get manipulated.

Tea Party Mission Statement
First of all, please allow us to explain a common misunderstanding about the Tea Party movement. The Tea Party movement is not a political party and instead is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties that share similar core principles of supporting the original US Constitution as the founders intended of limited federal government, individual liberty and freedom, personal responsibility, free markets and ultimately giving the power to the States’ and the people themselves. The Tea Party as a movement is not a political party nor is looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party movement is instead about reforming all political parties and government to follow those core principles mentioned above. TheTeaParty.net is a national resource for all people to use that support the Tea Party movement so they can start a tea party, find a local Tea Party in their area, get a free Tea Party website, start a free Tea Party blog, get the daily Tea Party newsletter of event information, register to vote, communicate with others in the Tea Party movement and much more. Join and/or support the Tea Party movement and its core principles by filling out the form above.

The mission of TheTeaParty.net is simple; return the United States to the States and the people to which the US Constitution was written to do. The US Constitution was written by our founders to limit the powers of the federal government and instead give the power to the people and the States. As a committed group of ordinary Americans, we will achieve this by promoting candidates who commit to the original founding principles of the US Constitution of limited Federal Government, States rights, balanced budgets, individual liberty, freedom and personal responsibility. We will also expose the candidates that do not adhere to these basic US Constitutional principles. We will also support and promote the "New Contract From America" for each Senator and Congressman/woman to commit to and sign each year. For those who refuse to sign the new Contract From America, we will expose those candidates or current politicians who will not commit to these basic principles of Freedom and Liberty and instead believe it is Government who "knows best". We believe most of Americans do not want out of control spending in Washington, bailouts, government controls of private businesses, socializing of Americans health care and other government ran services. Our mission is based on US Constitution original principles and not political party. We will support candidates from any party that commit to these principles and expose those who do not and let the people decide on Election Day. In a nutshell, we need American patriots help by joining the movement, donating if you are able to and passing the movement on to your family, friends and neighbors. If we all grow together and do this, we WILL save the Freedom and Liberty that is so precious to all of us and to our founding principles. Thank you for your support and may God Bless America!

Join The Tea Party

That said, I have no issue with you or anyone else outing Racism wherever you find it. There are many forms it takes. Try to remember that.

These people have the right to their beliefs. But not the right to say they know what most Americans believe. They are very naive and ignore so many dangers to a free and open society, that they are really dangerous to this nation. There are some beliefs they expound that all Americans can agree on. But there are many trap doors they are totally oblivious to. Corporations and their power to buy legislation that makes wrong 'lawful' is the most obvious. They have a naive belief that if government just gets out of the way America will be a utopia. History says it will be a nightmare for all but the wealthiest elite. We tried unregulated corporations from the Civil War through the turn of the 19th century. It was called the Gilded age.

Our founding fathers created a entity to address the common good of the people...they called it government.

The original Tea Party in Boston harbor was a protest over corporate subsidies to the British East India Company...the 1776 version of Walmart.

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time nearly all African-Americans were republicans .. all MEANINGLESS today. Completely and totally MEANINGLESS.

What's your point?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time nearly all African-Americans were republicans .. all MEANINGLESS today. Completely and totally MEANINGLESS.

What's your point?

So you didn't bother to read the whole thread right?

I started this thread partly becouse of you, Read it quit showing you're ignorance

Not interested in your thread, not interested in your perspective.

If you have a question, then ask it .. else ...

You have no understanding of history. The two parties today bear no resemblance to the parties at the time of the Civil War. You are aware that Abraham Lincoln was a liberal I hope? And the Dixiecrats of the 60's are now the Republican southern conservatives. Read up on Nixon and his 'Southern strategy'

Not interested in your thread, not interested in your perspective.

If you have a question, then ask it .. else ...

I'm sad for you... thats close minded, if you don't want to learn or debate, there is no hope for you.

Forum List

Back