Billboard Coming to a Town Near You~ Hijab, the Dress of Modesty

I see no difference between Muslim women who choose this...and Hasidic women who choose it...and Amish women who chose yet only group gets maligned.
Well, only one of those groups a part of a religion that has slaughtered thousands of Americans, often in the most awful of ways, and promises to slaughter many more.

Only one of those religions continues to maniacally slaughter people worldwide, and continues to often subjugate women and gays to second class status, at best.

Only one of those religions has a segment of our population enabling its lesser behaviors by trying to change the subject whenever one of the above happens.

Those are just facts. One of those religions is in dire need of a Reformation, another rides around in wagons and has a lot of guys named "Caleb" and "Levi".

Does the Right over-react? Of course, and it impedes progress. And does the Left under-react? Yes, and it impedes progress. Everyone is either an "Islamophobe" or a Muzzie-lover, since we'd rather scream than listen.

Last edited:
I see no difference between Muslim women who choose this...and Hasidic women who choose it...and Amish women who chose yet only group gets maligned.
Well, only one of those groups a part of a religion that has slaughtered thousands of Americans, often in the most awful of ways, and promises to slaughter many more.

Only one of those religions continues to maniacally slaughter people worldwide, and continues to often subjugate women and gays to second class status, at best.

Only one of those religions has a segment of our population enabling its lesser behaviors by trying to change the subject whenever one of the above happens.

Those are just facts. One of those religions is in dire need of a Reformation, another rides around in wagons and has a lot of guys named "Caleb" and "Levi".

Does the Right over-react? Of course, and it impedes progress. And does the Left under-react? Yes, and it impedes progress. Everyone is either an "Islamophobe" or a Muzzie-lover, since we'd rather scream than listen.
Only one of those groups gets broadbrushed and demonized no matter where they are or what they believe. The popular stereotype is that all Muslims abuse their women and if a women and if a woman chooses to wear a visible expression of her faith she is proclained to be coerced. In the US they are little different than other religious communities.

Only one of those groups gets broadbrushed and demonized no matter where they are or what they believe. The popular stereotype is that all Muslims abuse their women and if a women and if a woman chooses to wear a visible expression of her faith she is proclained to be coerced. In the US they are little different than other religious communities.
You asked why, and I explained it.

Of course there's a lot of stereotyping going on. That's one of America's favorite pastimes.

That doesn't mean that the facts and opinions on which stereotypes are based are not credible.

When it's her choice, great. When it's her husband's choice, not so much.

Either way, it is what it is.
Yet folks only get their knickers in a knot when it is Muslim.
Sure, religion is intensely partisan now, just like everything else.

Jump with both feet on any perceived advantage. That's where we are.
Let me challenge you, Mac to stop defaulting to "it is all partisan".

What do you think of the rationale given by the group sponsoring it?

Do women, who desire to conform to the dictates of their faith have that right? Or is it sonehow conditional?

If so...then isnt it a good idea to promote education that dispells some of the popular misconceptions a good thing?
As I've already said, if it's the woman's choice to dress according to her faith, great.

If she's "required" to by her husband, or if she otherwise has to dress like that against her will, I'm not real keen on that, and I'd assume you wouldn't be either.

As I've also said, I agree with the Muslims who believe Islam is in desperate need of a Reformation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...the rationale given by the group sponsoring it?" or "isnt it a good idea to promote education that dispells some of the popular misconceptions a good thing?". Please clarity and I'll respond.

What I meant was in post 181.
Hasidic MEN and Amish MEN have no interest in enforcing Hasidic and Amish head coverings on non Hasidic and non Amish women. Muslim MEN feel that women who do not cover their hair whores who deserve to be attacked, beaten and raped.

That's the difference.

There are no Hasidic or Amish leaders telling men that they have a right to rape uncovered women and it's not their fault if they do.

Muslim Cleric Calls Women 'Uncovered Meat'

And that's the difference.

Yet folks only get their knickers in a knot when it is Muslim.
Sure, religion is intensely partisan now, just like everything else.

Jump with both feet on any perceived advantage. That's where we are.
Let me challenge you, Mac to stop defaulting to "it is all partisan".

What do you think of the rationale given by the group sponsoring it?

Do women, who desire to conform to the dictates of their faith have that right? Or is it sonehow conditional?

If so...then isnt it a good idea to promote education that dispells some of the popular misconceptions a good thing?
As I've already said, if it's the woman's choice to dress according to her faith, great.

If she's "required" to by her husband, or if she otherwise has to dress like that against her will, I'm not real keen on that, and I'd assume you wouldn't be either.

As I've also said, I agree with the Muslims who believe Islam is in desperate need of a Reformation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...the rationale given by the group sponsoring it?" or "isnt it a good idea to promote education that dispells some of the popular misconceptions a good thing?". Please clarity and I'll respond.

What I meant was in post 181.
Hasidic MEN and Amish MEN have no interest in enforcing Hasidic and Amish head coverings on non Hasidic and non Amish women. Muslim MEN feel that women who do not cover their hair whores who deserve to be attacked, beaten and raped.

That's the difference.

There are no Hasidic or Amish leaders telling men that they have a right to rape uncovered women and it's not their fault if they do.

Muslim Cleric Calls Women 'Uncovered Meat'

And that's the difference.
Natural rights are recognized and secured in State Constitutions.

Forum List

Back