Bill Maher vs. Rush Limbaugh

From the June 8 broadcast of the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH: LIMBAUGH: Let me tell you something, the Democrats are more fearful -- and I've told you this too -- they're more fearful of Christians than they are of Al Qaeda. The Democrats are more fearful of Democrats [sic] than they are of Islamist terrorists living in this country. They are more fearful of Christians than they are of any enemy of the United States of America. They probably have more fear of Christians than they do nuclear weapons being launched by North Korea.

That's just the first polarizing, untruthful generalization that popped up on google when I googled "Rush Limbaugh generalizations." Gimme a break with this garbage Avenger.

Hagbard Celine said:
That's just the first polarizing, untruthful generalization that popped up on google when I googled "Rush Limbaugh generalizations." Gimme a break with this garbage Avenger.

I know liberals who have told me this very thing. They're more afraid of american christians than jihad. It's not garbage. Listen to the rhetoric of your side. what do they complain about more: chrisitians, or terrorists? Be honest. Go read Democraticunderground.com if you need to research your answer.

SO this is accurate, as much you hate it being pointed out over the airwaves.

Yes. It's a generalization. It's a fairly accurate one. Generalizations are valid logical constructs. Logic, remember that. of course not ALL libs feel this way, but if we limit ourselves to only discussing what everyone thinks, we wouldn't have much to talk about would we.

Libs hate generalizations, concise speech, apt metaphors, hypotheticals, any oratory device which depantses their unhung ideology.

From the June 8 broadcast of the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH: LIMBAUGH: Let me tell you something, the Democrats are more fearful -- and I've told you this too -- they're more fearful of Christians than they are of Al Qaeda. The Democrats are more fearful of Democrats [sic] than they are of Islamist terrorists living in this country. They are more fearful of Christians than they are of any enemy of the United States of America. They probably have more fear of Christians than they do nuclear weapons being launched by North Korea.

Not a good example, because Rush is right on the money here. I have seen posts on this very board which imply the very same thing.

I know that you won't listen to any of this, but for anyone else who doubts the truth of Rush's words, compare how the ACLU goes after every little Christian public display, but defends Muslims who are being profiled.
By their actions, it's clear to me who many Dems/libs are truly afraid of, and it isn't Al Qaeda.

Hypocrisy: Rush giving any opinion he has on the sanctity of marriage. It's like Clinton giving me tips on how to truthfully testify.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hypocrisy: Rush giving any opinion he has on the sanctity of marriage. It's like Clinton giving me tips on how to truthfully testify.

WOw. That's really lame. Is that all you have on the man?

rtwngAvngr said:
WOw. That's really lame. Is that all you have on the man?

Is that not a case of hypocrisy? I thought you wanted an example?

EDIT: I guess it's not "paranoid, conspiratorial, or unfounded" so my apologies for offering a case of hypocrisy.

The ClayTaurus said:
Is that not a case of hypocrisy? I thought you wanted an example?

Are you sure he cheated while married? That would indicate a lapse of character. Divorce does not.

Your task is to find a lie, something substantive. These cheap little shots just look pathetic.

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you sure he cheated while married? That would indicate a lapse of character. Divorce does not.

Your task is to find a lie, something substantive. These cheap little shots just look pathetic.

I don't remember a time when Rush offered arguments about the sanctity of marriage. Of course I don't listen all that often...

Can you link to a transcript of him talking about the subject?

rtwngAvngr said:

I would argue that anyone with three failed marriages probably doesn't understand much about marriage in general. His opinion on anything related to marriage or relationships in general is highly suspect. It's not a cheap shot, if he doesn't want his life out in the public sphere, then he should have never started doing what he does. Would you listen to Bill Clinton about telling the truth? There is no lie. You are correct. There is hypocrisy, which I admit you did not ask for examples of.

no1tovote4 said:
I don't remember a time when Rush offered arguments about the sanctity of marriage. Of course I don't listen all that often...

No. Me either. Rush rarely talks about the social issues. He sticks to political issues almost exclusively. He hardly ever references christ, or church. He only references god to indicate the source of his talent. But these idios don't know that. Let them keep flailing at shadows.

no1tovote4 said:

I listen to Rush all the time when I'm on car trips, and I've heard him talk about the sanctity of marriage. I doubt every show he does gets transcripted, but I will see if I can find something online. Otherwise, I guess it's a I heard-you heard argument.

The ClayTaurus said:
I listen to Rush all the time when I'm on car trips, and I've heard him talk about the sanctity of marriage. I doubt every show he does gets transcripted, but I will see if I can find something online. Otherwise, I guess it's a I heard-you heard argument.

But the task is to find a lie.

The ClayTaurus said:

Who cares WHAT he talks about? It's HOW he talks that is boring, repetitive, smug, arrogant, slimey, worm-like, annoying, slurred, loud, abrasive, mundane, blotto, drug-addled, self righteous, full of false similes, accusatory, sexist, racist, classist, lacking in compassion and once again BORING!

Other than that he's a nice guy, for a drug addict.

Nuc said:
Who cares WHAT he talks about? It's HOW he talks that is boring, repetitive, smug, arrogant, slimey, worm-like, annoying, slurred, loud, abrasive, mundane, blotto, drug-addled, self righteous, full of false similes, accusatory, sexist, racist, classist, lacking in compassion and once again BORING!

Other than that he's a nice guy, for a drug addict.

OOOH OOOH OOOOOH Lemme guess:

RightWingAVENGER: You have nothing but personal attacks. *scoffs*

The ClayTaurus said:
OOOH OOOH OOOOOH Lemme guess:

RightWingAVENGER: You have nothing but personal attacks. *scoffs*

yes. Nothing but personal attacks. He's brilliant. You're obviously too stupid to understand what he's saying, and instead get hung up on stupid stuff.

I still want one good lie made by Rush.

rtwngAvngr said:
yes. Nothing but personal attacks. He's brilliant. You're obviously too stupid to understand what he's saying, and instead get hung up on stupid stuff.

I still want one good lie made by Rush.

You've done an admirable job of clearing up both of our intellects.

rtwngAvngr said:

He's brilliant? Well, to a poodle a German Shepherd looks brilliant. But a German Shepherd is not really all that brilliant. I guess everything is a matter of perspective. To me he looks like a shrewd businessman who has created an idiotic persona which appeals to disaffected white losers. He's making money and he's willing to look like a fool to do so, while he and his inner circle are laughing at the gullible folks who've been suckered in hook, line and sinker. Some people just don't know when they've been played.

Nuc said:
He's brilliant? Well, to a poodle a German Shepherd looks brilliant. But a German Shepherd is not really all that brilliant. I guess everything is a matter of perspective. To me he looks like a shrewd businessman who has created an idiotic persona which appeals to disaffected white losers. He's making money and he's willing to look like a fool to do so, while he and his inner circle are laughing at the gullible folks who've been suckered in hook, line and sinker. Some people just don't know when they've been played.

So now you have to attacke me personally. I know it's upsetting when you can't find anything on him.

Forum List

Back