Bill Clinton Dismisses Carter Racism

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Gotta tip my hat to former President Clinton bringing some semblance of sanity back from former President Carter's asinine commentary regarding racism and opposition to Obama.

Clinton remains an incredibly effective teleprompter-free communicator - far more capable, intelligent, and confident than our current President.

His dismissal of Carter, while remaining respectful, clearly outline Clinton as being superior and attempting damage control. His words are among the most cogent and effective in outlining the current climate of race-baiting Democrats as well.

Well done President Clinton!

(By the way, he has been looking increasingly tired the past year or so - I hope his health is ok...)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4IYiAVq9A&feature=related]YouTube - Bill Clinton Reacts To Jimmy Carter On "Larry King Live"[/ame]

President Obama makes us ALL sort of miss Billy.

Obama claims to be "pragmatic" and he's not. he should look up that word in the dictionary he so despises since ol' George used it -- he'll find Billy's picture there!

Carter is an idiot and hurt America with this racism claims. I am no Bill Clinton fan, but if he carries weight with the cons, then I will back him.

Hold up! Hold up.. All the DUmmies here embraced Carter and his stupidity.. Pick a lane! jPick a Lane.

Hold up! Hold up.. All the DUmmies here embraced Carter and his stupidity.. Pick a lane! jPick a Lane.

Which dummies in particular are you referring to? Here on this message board?

go down to race relations and read the thread, we don't jump through hoops for you.

You made the claim. Where I come from, the responsibility of backing up one's claims is on the ones who make them. I thought you cons were all about personal responsibility?

Which dummies in particular are you referring to? Here on this message board?

go down to race relations and read the thread, we don't jump through hoops for you.

You made the claim. Where I come from, the responsibility of backing up one's claims is on the ones who make them. I thought you cons were all about personal responsibility?

ask article. or live a double standard."we don't have to jump through hoops for you." now if you are interested go read if not. move on.

Clinton said that the oppostion to Obama's health program was not based on racism.

He didn't say there was no racism in this country.

Pull you heads out of your asses and look at the watermelon whitehouse, the witch doctor Obama, comparing Michelle to a gorilla. There are racist on the right now who are attacking Obama because he is black.

If anyone thinks there is no racism in this country from either side, your are brain dead. Yes, there are black racists also. So what does that prove. If you don't have power, your racism is innefective.

Also, Obama stated that he didn't think that the opposition was based on racism.

Look at Beck, Limbaugh, and all the racist shit on the internet that wasn't there before Obama was elected. No, no racism there.

This is so typical of the right in denying racism. They bring up a straw argument that states that the left is saying that any oppostion to Obama is racist. No one on the left has said that. The strongest was Carter who said he thinks a large number of those opposing Obama are racists. Most of the left who say there is racism, put it at a lower percentage.

But with this argument, the right can then deny any racism.

They have no program so they bring up the so called anti race card.

Clinton said the very same people who oppose healthcare now would have opposed it before - that for the vas majority, race has nothing to do with it.

Mr. Clinton is absolutely correct.

Carter is an idiot and hurt America with this racism claims. I am no Bill Clinton fan, but if he carries weight with the cons, then I will back him.
Huh?

Whatever "carries weight with the cons" is what you'll "back?"

Personally, I don't give a fuck what "Cons" think or what "carries weight" with them. And I make no bones about it.

Why do you?

Clinton said that the oppostion to Obama's health program was not based on racism.

Pull you heads out of your asses and look at the watermelon whitehouse, the witch doctor Obama, comparing Michelle to a gorilla. There are racist on the right now who are attacking Obama because he is black.

If anyone thinks there is no racism in this country from either side, your are brain dead. Yes, there are black racists also. So what does that prove. If you don't have power, your racism is innefective.

Also, Obama stated that he didn't think that the opposition was based on racism.

Look at Beck, Limbaugh, and all the racist shit on the internet that wasn't there before Obama was elected. No, no racism there.

This is so typical of the right in denying racism. They bring up a straw argument that states that the left is saying that any oppostion to Obama is racist. No one on the left has said that. The strongest was Carter who said he thinks a large number of those opposing Obama are racists. Most of the left who say there is racism, put it at a lower percentage.

Racism! Racism! Racism!!!

Does The Boy Who Cried Wolf mean anything to you?

It's getting to where the race card is almost like Hitler references, constant use of such actually is mindless hyperbole, uses the association fallacy, and trivializes the issue.

It's also one of the appeal to emotion fallacies.

All of the above are products of the sloppy, lazy, intellectually bereft forum participant.

You focus in on a few things that are racist, then conclude that all in the crowd are racist. The MSM seeks out the radical signs and the ever-present idiots to characterize the whole gathering.

Racism is a fact of life. Racism will never go away. To concentrate on destroying the opposition to Obama's Marxist Movement by describing all opposition to be based on racism is a dishonest endeavor. I suppose that's why liberals enjoy doing it.

There is no racism attached to the following statements.

I oppose government control of health care.
I oppose government control of health care insurance.
I oppose government ownership of industries.
I oppose government expansion.
I oppose government overspending.
I oppose government control of my life.
I oppose Marxism.

None of these statements refers to race in any way. Just because the current leader is a black man does not mean I should change my mind about the issues.

ask article. or live a double standard."we don't have to jump through hoops for you." now if you are interested go read if not. move on.

What thread is that, mind right-clicking the "permalink" tab and then posting it here for me? or in my user message page?

Yes i'm too lazy to go through the race threads and figure out the one you're talking about, but I am curious.

I remember VAYank joining me in saying carter was a moron for making that claim.

I would congratulate clinton but should I? I mean he is just acting normal and being normal by making that observation and statement in regards to carter....its not like it was an epiphany or anything. I guess KUDOS to clinton for not being a race baiting racist like Carter.

Last edited:

What thread is that, mind right-clicking the "permalink" tab and then posting it here for me? or in my user message page?

Yes i'm too lazy to go through the race threads and figure out the one you're talking about, but I am curious.

I remember VAYank joining me in saying carter was a moron for making that claim.

I would congratulate clinton but should I? I mean he is just acting normal and being normal by making that observation and statement in regards to carter....its not like it was an epiphany or anything. I guess KUDOS to clinton for not being a race baiting racist like Carter.

I would say kudos to Clinton for, in a still respectful way, calling Carter out on his irresponsible claims of racism as a primary motivating factor in the opposition to Obama's healthcare proposals.

By doing so, Clinton has done a service to keeping the debate ongoing in a manner not bogged down by the bogus race issue, as well as bailing out the Democrat Party from getting bogged down in its overuse of the race card.

Obama and the Dems owe Clinton for this one...

Yank recognized these calls of racism as bogus and unfair, too. He did not follow the talking points at all. He thought for himself, as he usually does, IMO.

Forum List

Back