Bill Clinton Dismisses Carter Racism

Clinton repeated his assertion Carter was wrong to make charges of racism in the healthcare debate with an interview with Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy...

____

During Clinton's interview with Newsmax, he took issue with Carter's recent declaration that "an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he is African-American."

Clinton's assessment of the comment: "I wouldn't have said what he did in the way that he did it because I believe that while it is true that some of the most extreme opponents of President Obama may also still have racial prejudice, I believe that 100 percent of those who are opposing him now would be against him if he were a white Democrat."[/I]

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2345316/posts

Well said Mr. Clinton...

Clinton said that the oppostion to Obama's health program was not based on racism.

He didn't say there was no racism in this country.

Pull you heads out of your asses and look at the watermelon whitehouse, the witch doctor Obama, comparing Michelle to a gorilla. There are racist on the right now who are attacking Obama because he is black.

If anyone thinks there is no racism in this country from either side, your are brain dead. Yes, there are black racists also. So what does that prove. If you don't have power, your racism is innefective.

Also, Obama stated that he didn't think that the opposition was based on racism.

Look at Beck, Limbaugh, and all the racist shit on the internet that wasn't there before Obama was elected. No, no racism there.

This is so typical of the right in denying racism. They bring up a straw argument that states that the left is saying that any oppostion to Obama is racist. No one on the left has said that. The strongest was Carter who said he thinks a large number of those opposing Obama are racists. Most of the left who say there is racism, put it at a lower percentage.

But with this argument, the right can then deny any racism.

They have no program so they bring up the so called anti race card.

First of all...nobody is claiming that he said all racism is gone. You made that up.

Second of all...nobody is claiming that racism is dead in this country. You made that up.

Cute strawman. Very ineffective.

To claim the race card isn't pulled on any opposition is just a flat out lie. Keep in mind the entire statement that started this was "You lie". What exactly is racist about that?

Forum List

Back