Big wins for same sex marriage

How does calling it a civil union affect you or make any difference to your relationship under the rule of law?

why you throwing a hissy fit over a word?

Why are you?
Why is it so important that you call it a marriage when it could be called a civil union and you get ALL the benefits as if it were a marriage? How would your life be any different?
I think some just want to call it a marriage because they know they'll piss off a lot of Christians. That's the ONLY reason it can be....

im already married to my wife. So moot point. I am under the belief we are all equal regardless or race and gender.

Sadly you do not think so.

I also don't by this Marriage is defined by blah blah blah. Its not, Marriage has evolved ( i know dirty word) over the generations, and the latest in a long line is now what you are trying to push as one man and woman.

I am zero tolerance on this issue, and just like with most issues. I don't consider stupid as a respectable opinion. You should be shunned,mocked and ignored. We are a nation of laws, and your god has nothing to do with people being treated equally.

Sidenote with my equality notion i am against affirmative action. So don't think its all one sided.

How do you figure that?

Look at history. History is never wrong. How many cultures grew roots in substance abuse and normalizing homosexuality? Those values were never passed on. China, Egypt, Rome, Greece, all ended up the same way, they integrity of the people was eaten up with substance abuse of some kind. Whatever social value accepting the normalcy of homosexuality was never passed on. It never made it sometimes even within the culture itself.

Usually the civilization doesn't last long once it becomes debauched. It is overtaken, beaten, or absorbed by a stronger one. Sometimes, in studying history, whatever decent people there are in a culture given over to degeneracy might be relieved when the degraded nation falls.

So which culture would over take us? the Chinese? Mexicans? Muslims?

Mexicans are too corrupt. They would turn Philadelphia into Juarez if they could. They don't worry about whether they are democrats or republicans but whether they should throw in with Sinaloa or Zeta.

The muslims are having huge successes in Europe, they could replicate that here. I would hope for either the Chinese or the Russians because their economic policies are so much better than ours. They ARE ours, but ours of some years ago before we started transitioning into the failure of communisim.

Marriage is a relatively modern concept. Fundamentally, it is simply a contract between two persons. Somewhere along the line, the legislature got overly involved in making marriage some sort of special sort of contract between two persons and that is the 'patient zero' point where we have to go to resolve this.

IMHO.

Marriage is a relatively modern concept. Fundamentally, it is simply a contract between two persons. Somewhere along the line, the legislature got overly involved in making marriage some sort of special sort of contract between two persons and that is the 'patient zero' point where we have to go to resolve this.

IMHO.

nope its not, its been many things. At one point if we married, i'd own your mother as well i believe.

SuMar
Well, gay marriage should be a state decision and not federal one.

Uh, no, marriage should be a decision made by the two consenting adults who want to get married.

Get the damn government out of our bedrooms.

IMHO.

nope its not, its been many things. At one point if we married, i'd own your mother as well i believe.
And slavery is outlawed.

But, we're in the 21st century and fundamentally, marriage is a contract - pure and simple. Which means it should be a judicial issue and nothing more.

But, the politicians in the legislative branch decided to get involved some time ago and still ARE involved.

Look at history. History is never wrong. How many cultures grew roots in substance abuse and normalizing homosexuality? Those values were never passed on. China, Egypt, Rome, Greece, all ended up the same way, they integrity of the people was eaten up with substance abuse of some kind. Whatever social value accepting the normalcy of homosexuality was never passed on. It never made it sometimes even within the culture itself.

Usually the civilization doesn't last long once it becomes debauched. It is overtaken, beaten, or absorbed by a stronger one. Sometimes, in studying history, whatever decent people there are in a culture given over to degeneracy might be relieved when the degraded nation falls.

So which culture would over take us? the Chinese? Mexicans? Muslims?

Mexicans are too corrupt. They would turn Philadelphia into Juarez if they could. They don't worry about whether they are democrats or republicans but whether they should throw in with Sinaloa or Zeta.

The muslims are having huge successes in Europe, they could replicate that here. I would hope for either the Chinese or the Russians because their economic policies are so much better than ours. They ARE ours, but ours of some years ago before we started transitioning into the failure of communisim.

You know, I don't even have to look to see who write this crap. You are, without a doubt, one of the most ignorant and self-satisfied idiots I've ever come across. You say you know everything about everything but your words prove you know next to nothing about almost everything.

But, damn, your ignorance doesn't stop you from spouting your hate and fear and bitterness.

Big wins for same sex marriage and for drug addicts. That's because America is a nation of drug addicted degenerates. The only good thing about it, this doesn't last forever.

Believe me, I'm not for "dumbing down America" with legal marijuana, I'm just curious: How exactly are they going to market the stuff and what kind of a tax will be implemented?

You've seen cigarettes in a store, right?

How does calling it a civil union affect you or make any difference to your relationship under the rule of law?

Why are you?
Why is it so important that you call it a marriage when it could be called a civil union and you get ALL the benefits as if it were a marriage? How would your life be any different?
I think some just want to call it a marriage because they know they'll piss off a lot of Christians. That's the ONLY reason it can be....

I will happily call a civil marriage a "civil union"...if it applies to all couples, gay and straight. We tried separate but equal. Talk about an epic failure.

Yep, if it was only about the legal issue, this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It's always been more about forcing acceptance of it as normal.

Did I miss the republican push for a federal bill giving civil unions all the rights married individuals currently enjoy?

It wouldn't have been opposed, but that's not what this special interest group wanted. They wanted 'marriage' in every sense of the word, and they used it as a club to beat conservatives up with. I wonder what agenda will come up next once this one can no longer be used? ;)

Really? Then maybe you can explain all those laws passed in Red states forbidding even the recognition of civil unions within their borders.

Why are you?

I will happily call a civil marriage a "civil union"...if it applies to all couples, gay and straight. We tried separate but equal. Talk about an epic failure.

I'm sure they support the changing of all laws, statutes, documents, etc. to eliminate the word "marriage" and replace it with "civil union."

Why are you?

I'm in favor of that, too. The church in which an elective ceremony is held will make it a marriage.

But, legally? I'm all for the same name, whatever that is.

because why? lets hear this stupidity as to why you want to claim this word for yourself.

Why am i considered stupid because of what i believe? I'm not claiming anything as mine. But you're telling me that I'm wrong for believing as i do! Are we all supposed to be in lock-step with each other and not have our own beliefs and feelings about these things?

I believe as i do because i believe in God and what He said about man and woman. I don't hate anyone for the way they live or what they believe....but it doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

thats nice believe what you want, but we are not a theocratic nation. We have laws and such.
Either we are equal or we are not, and if we are not equal then your opinion can be tossed out the window as stupid.

Because it's only fair.

we should all be equal....that doesn't mean we should all believe the same thing. We are all individuals, we are all DIFFERENT. I don't hate someone because they don't believe in God. Why do people hate me because i believe in God? I also don't believe we should force a law on anyone. It should be made by the people....so if we vote on gay marriage and it doesn't pass, that's because most people don't want it. Whether it's from their religious beliefs or if it just turns them off...the majority voted and said no! But some people can't accept that. Nothing is fair..............

Why are you?

How would your life be any different if a gay marriage was called a marriage? Seriously, this is about the stupidest objection I have ever heard.

There were some "Christians" who hated interracial marriages being called marriages, too.

The only "Christians" who will be pissed off are the bigoted, hateful ones.

What, you want a gay couple's back window of their car to say "Just Unioned" as they leave the ceremony just to make some bigot happy?

Last edited:

IMHO.

And slavery is outlawed.

But, we're in the 21st century and fundamentally, marriage is a contract - pure and simple. Which means it should be a judicial issue and nothing more.

But, the politicians in the legislative branch decided to get involved some time ago and still ARE involved.

slavery was a contract and it took 70+ years to correct the issue. Then you have womens right to vote which took even longer.

Rule of thumb you can't vote away a person's rights. That will get knocked down in the courts.

Either we are equal or we are not. Its that simple. Which side do you fall on Si?

For the first time voters in Maine and Maryland approved same sex marriage

Voters approve same-sex marriage for the first time - CNN.com

In a historic turnaround, the ballot box is showing America's shifting attitudes about same-sex marriage. After gay marriage rights died at the polls dozens of times in the past, on Tuesday they passed in at least two states.

Rarely do popular votes reflect such dramatic social changes.

The result: Maryland and Maine will now allow couples like Cyrino Patane and James Trinidad to tie the knot.

The Maryland couple has been together for seven years, and now, after the historic vote, they plan to marry in the next six months to a year.

"Both families will be at the wedding," Patane said.

"We've lost at the ballot box 32 times," said Paul Guequierre of Human Rights Campaign. "History was made tonight."

That should please many on this board who aren't already married. :eusa_eh:

And slavery is outlawed.

slavery was a contract and it took 70+ years to correct the issue. Then you have womens right to vote which took even longer.

Rule of thumb you can't vote away a person's rights. That will get knocked down in the courts.

Either we are equal or we are not. Its that simple. Which side do you fall on Si?
Can't be equal if it's special for some. It needs fixed so that it IS equal.

I am all for government out of bedrooms. So, I want government out of bedrooms - out - entirely out. Seems rather simple to me.

Why am i considered stupid because of what i believe? I'm not claiming anything as mine. But you're telling me that I'm wrong for believing as i do! Are we all supposed to be in lock-step with each other and not have our own beliefs and feelings about these things?

I believe as i do because i believe in God and what He said about man and woman. I don't hate anyone for the way they live or what they believe....but it doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

thats nice believe what you want, but we are not a theocratic nation. We have laws and such.
Either we are equal or we are not, and if we are not equal then your opinion can be tossed out the window as stupid.

Because it's only fair.

we should all be equal....that doesn't mean we should all believe the same thing. We are all individuals, we are all DIFFERENT. I don't hate someone because they don't believe in God. Why do people hate me because i believe in God? I also don't believe we should force a law on anyone. It should be made by the people....so if we vote on gay marriage and it doesn't pass, that's because most people don't want it. Whether it's from their religious beliefs or if it just turns them off...the majority voted and said no! But some people can't accept that. Nothing is fair..............

Who ever said we need to think the samething? Nobody. Yet when it comes to the rule of law, things must be balanced and equal.

Nothing is fair? this is america stupid, the shinning light of the world. Where everyone gets a fair shake at life.

Oh not everyone you say? Just people you approve of.

This is why you people are a joke and should be down right ignored. You want it your way and if you don't get it you cry Victim. You just did it in this post.

Just admit you don't want equality and be done with it, so we can move on and ignore your wishes. Just admit you want 2nd class citizens, so we can move on and ignore you.

Forum List

Back