Big wins for same sex marriage

Yep, if it was only about the legal issue, this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It's always been more about forcing acceptance of it as normal.

Did I miss the republican push for a federal bill giving civil unions all the rights married individuals currently enjoy?

It wouldn't have been opposed, but that's not what this special interest group wanted. They wanted 'marriage' in every sense of the word, and they used it as a club to beat conservatives up with. I wonder what agenda will come up next once this one can no longer be used? ;)

I wouldn't have been opposed?

You realize that Civil Unions was passed by the legislature in Washington state a couple of years ago and that it was Social Conservatives that then mounted a ballot initiative to have it blocked, even though it wasn't called Civil Marriage, right?

What about special interest groups trying to block Civil Unions?

How about the National Organization for Marriage as a special interest group urging opposition Civil Unions? (http://www.nationformarriage.org/c...._Floor_Vote/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx)

>>>>

Last edited:
Did I miss the republican push for a federal bill giving civil unions all the rights married individuals currently enjoy?

It wouldn't have been opposed, but that's not what this special interest group wanted. They wanted 'marriage' in every sense of the word, and they used it as a club to beat conservatives up with. I wonder what agenda will come up next once this one can no longer be used? ;)

I wouldn't have been opposed?

You realize that Civil Unions was passed by the legislature in Washington state a couple of years ago and that it was Social Conservatives that then mounted a ballot initiative to have it blocked, even though it wasn't called Civil Marriage, right?

What about special interest groups trying to block Civil Unions?

How about the National Organization for Marriage as a special interest group urging opposition Civil Unions? (Civil Union Floor Vote - National Organization for Marriage)

>>>>

I said 'it' wouldn't have been opposed. You're talking about religious organizations for the most part, not political entities.

Well, gay marriage should be a state decision and not federal one..So good for them.

And exactly how are the states supposed to vote on whether or not a gay couple is eligible for Social Security death benefits?

How is Kansas supposed to decide if gays can file a federal married tax return?

Rights are not to be voted on. They are rights.

Ask Obama..he believes gay marriage are state issues and should be dealt in such a manner..

I don't care what they do or what benefits they get....as long as it's not called a MARRIAGE.
That's my view and it won't change.

How does my MARRIAGE affect you? Be clear on the damages you have sustained...because I've been MARRIED for many years now.

How does calling it a civil union affect you or make any difference to your relationship under the rule of law?

why you throwing a hissy fit over a word?

I don't care what they do or what benefits they get....as long as it's not called a MARRIAGE.

How does my MARRIAGE affect you? Be clear on the damages you have sustained...because I've been MARRIED for many years now.

I never said it did.

I believe (because YES i'm a Christian) that a "marriage" is between a man and a woman.
No, it doesn't hurt me personally that your married to the same sex. It's just something i don't believe in. I won't try to stop anyone, that's their choice. But i don't have to agree with it. And i'm not going to hate you because of it....it's your life and it's not up to me to tell you how to live or what to think or to judge you as a person. I shouldn't be expected to just drop what i value in life because YOU think i should.

Cool. Maybe all the dykes in Northern Virginia will move to Maryland and not tax our public safety so much with their domestic violence calls.

:thup:

yeah we can just leave that to the normal men and women couples right?
That would be nice, but it looks like the same-sexers stats are stronger in domestic violence.

what a sad, sad excuse in order to deny people from being married.

How does calling it a civil union affect you or make any difference to your relationship under the rule of law?

Seems it was happening on both sides... but I understand how it's okay for one side but not the other. Same story as usual.

Yep, if it was only about the legal issue, this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It's always been more about forcing acceptance of it as normal.

I think you believe that. However I don't, not even a little bit.

If republicans are honestly willing to extend marriage benifits to gays then they could put this issue to rest, easily, by purposing a federal civil union bill to extend those same rights to all Americans. I bet you not one homosexuals rejects the offer:)

Big wins for same sex marriage and for drug addicts. That's because America is a nation of drug addicted degenerates. The only good thing about it, this doesn't last forever.

Seems it was happening on both sides... but I understand how it's okay for one side but not the other. Same story as usual.

Well since we can't just ban the hole thing outright. I guess we should maybe try to live up to that whole " we are all created equal" notion the founders thought up. ( even though it wasn't true back then ).

I guess sadly we can't, and thus we are hindered by moronic people.

because why? lets hear this stupidity as to why you want to claim this word for yourself.

Why am i considered stupid because of what i believe? I'm not claiming anything as mine. But you're telling me that I'm wrong for believing as i do! Are we all supposed to be in lock-step with each other and not have our own beliefs and feelings about these things?

I believe as i do because i believe in God and what He said about man and woman. I don't hate anyone for the way they live or what they believe....but it doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

Why are you?
Why is it so important that you call it a marriage when it could be called a civil union and you get ALL the benefits as if it were a marriage? How would your life be any different?
I think some just want to call it a marriage because they know they'll piss off a lot of Christians. That's the ONLY reason it can be....

Big wins for same sex marriage and for drug addicts. That's because America is a nation of drug addicted degenerates. The only good thing about it, this doesn't last forever.

Believe me, I'm not for "dumbing down America" with legal marijuana, I'm just curious: How exactly are they going to market the stuff and what kind of a tax will be implemented?

because why? lets hear this stupidity as to why you want to claim this word for yourself.

Why am i considered stupid because of what i believe? I'm not claiming anything as mine. But you're telling me that I'm wrong for believing as i do! Are we all supposed to be in lock-step with each other and not have our own beliefs and feelings about these things?

I believe as i do because i believe in God and what He said about man and woman. I don't hate anyone for the way they live or what they believe....but it doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

thats nice believe what you want, but we are not a theocratic nation. We have laws and such.
Either we are equal or we are not, and if we are not equal then your opinion can be tossed out the window as stupid.

Because it's only fair.

How do you figure that?

Look at history. History is never wrong. How many cultures grew roots in substance abuse and normalizing homosexuality? Those values were never passed on. China, Egypt, Rome, Greece, all ended up the same way, they integrity of the people was eaten up with substance abuse of some kind. Whatever social value accepting the normalcy of homosexuality was never passed on. It never made it sometimes even within the culture itself.

Usually the civilization doesn't last long once it becomes debauched. It is overtaken, beaten, or absorbed by a stronger one. Sometimes, in studying history, whatever decent people there are in a culture given over to degeneracy might be relieved when the degraded nation falls.

How do you figure that?

Look at history. History is never wrong. How many cultures grew roots in substance abuse and normalizing homosexuality? Those values were never passed on. China, Egypt, Rome, Greece, all ended up the same way, they integrity of the people was eaten up with substance abuse of some kind. Whatever social value accepting the normalcy of homosexuality was never passed on. It never made it sometimes even within the culture itself.

Usually the civilization doesn't last long once it becomes debauched. It is overtaken, beaten, or absorbed by a stronger one. Sometimes, in studying history, whatever decent people there are in a culture given over to degeneracy might be relieved when the degraded nation falls.

So which culture would over take us? the Chinese? Mexicans? Muslims?

Forum List

Back