Big protests in Arizona

so accodring to republican the health care bill is unconstitutional...

but when repuclians do a bill that is unconstitutional is the right thing....

hum.... double standard

The law is not unconstitutional. The asking for identification is a secondary enforcement after there is a legal reason to stop someone.

For example, if a guy runs a red light he will be stopped and asked for a license. No license he gets arrested if he then can't prove his citizenship or legal status, his ass gets deported.

Simple, effective, just.

Agree if that is only the case.

It is how the law is written.

Doesn't just matter how it is written, but also how it is applied. The federal law was written to protect all American in the south, but how it was applied was another matter. Same same here.

Doesn't just matter how it is written, but also how it is applied. The federal law was written to protect all American in the south, but how it was applied was another matter. Same same here.

It hasn't been applied yet so there is no reason to believe it will be applied unjustly.

I am 53, white and have to carry my ID. Why is this so difficult to understand. My grandchildren are half hispanic, one father was born here, one came here legally. They have no problem with this bill.

What's next?

Will be violating one's civil rights to card people at a night club?

What do you mean it's against the law to serve alcohol to a minor? Just because it's against the law doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knv6nDZX1mc]YouTube - 4409 -- Arrested over Arizona's Real I.D. Paper's Please SB1070 bill[/ame]

This guy showed his drivers license

I've spoken to other LEGAL immigrants and they love this law. Why? They jumped through the hoops. Illegals jumped the line and the Legals are pissed about it.

I am 53, white and have to carry my ID. Why is this so difficult to understand. My grandchildren are half hispanic, one father was born here, one came here legally. They have no problem with this bill.

You HAVE to carry your ID? Really?
You must have your drivers license on your person if you wish to drive a car. It's not enforced worth a damn, but it is a crime. I believe you are also required to produce ID if requested by an officer of the law... so I guess yes, you must carry ID.

No, there is no requirement to carry ID, only licenses for particular privileges, such as driving a vehicle. I can't believe other moderates and conservatives aren't screaming about this, BUT this will undermine any legitiamte argument from the far right that a national ID is somehow wrong. The right has forever given its approval to a national ID.

Last edited:
If the feds would enforce immigration laws, jail sanctuary city politicians and businessmen who enable the goddamn problem, maybe we wouldn't have to consider such things! Ever think of that possibility?

It is not a human right to be an American Citizen.

really how is that? how are they illegal base of color of skin? how tell me.... tell think you so smart.

how do you figure out who is legal or not illegal? how... people born in usa are part of and part of usa. your another moron in this world we need... like we need more racist assholes in this land.

color of skin is not the reason someone illegal. nice try. a better question is who would pass a moron like you.

can i see your papers dude?.....:eusa_eh:.....

btw why did you avoid my question... oh i know why.... never mind cause you know your wrong :clap2:
i avoided your question?.....the one you asked this morning? and i did not answer right away......MAYBE I WAS AT WORK YOU DUMBASS.....i dont sit around all day on the computer like you do dip shit.....somebody has to pay the taxes so dip shits like you can stay home and sit on your asses all day.....fucking lazy bastard....

No, there is no requirement to carry ID, only licenses for particular privileges, such as driving a vehicle. I can't believe other moderates and conservatives aren't screaming about this, BUT this will undermine any legitiamte argument from the far right that a national ID is somehow wrong. The right has forever given its approval to a national ID.

your right Jake....this question was asked to a Criminal defence attorney in an on-line legal advice forum....he answered thus....

A person CANNOT be arrested just for failing to identify himself or failing to have ID, even with a lawful detention. It is NOT interfering with an officer. The only effect of not having ID occurs if a police officer has probable cause to believe an arrestee has committed a criminal offense. A police officer who could otherwise give an arrestee a citation to appear would instead take the person into custody to appear before a magistrate. But this is ONLY if the officer has probable cause to believe the person has committed a crime--NOT just because the person did not have ID.

Of course, one must have identification in his or her possession when driving, and a police officer obviously can demand to see a drivers license from any driver lawfully detained.

your right Jake....this question was asked to a Criminal defence attorney in an on-line legal advice forum....he answered thus....

A person CANNOT be arrested just for failing to identify himself or failing to have ID, even with a lawful detention. It is NOT interfering with an officer. The only effect of not having ID occurs if a police officer has probable cause to believe an arrestee has committed a criminal offense. A police officer who could otherwise give an arrestee a citation to appear would instead take the person into custody to appear before a magistrate. But this is ONLY if the officer has probable cause to believe the person has committed a crime--NOT just because the person did not have ID.

Of course, one must have identification in his or her possession when driving, and a police officer obviously can demand to see a drivers license from any driver lawfully detained.

My brother in law is from Canada and he's been told to carry his green card <which is actually pink, btw> at all times. Why is it only the whites have to obey the laws?

Immigrants are required to carry their green cards at all time.

Forum List

Back