Big Oil's Long-Running Climate Disinformation Campaign Detailed in Congressional Report

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
“These hearings and reports have been historic because we succeeded in bringing in the heads of Exxon, Chevron, Shell, BP, API, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to testify under oath for the first time ever about efforts to mislead the public on climate and forced them to provide explosive internal documents” Khanna told CNN in a statement. “I have no doubt that this work will be analyzed for years to come and help deepen our understanding about the entire industry’s role in funding and facilitating climate disinformation.”

Making the lot of you their useful idiots

“These hearings and reports have been historic because we succeeded in bringing in the heads of Exxon, Chevron, Shell, BP, API, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to testify under oath for the first time ever about efforts to mislead the public on climate and forced them to provide explosive internal documents” Khanna told CNN in a statement. “I have no doubt that this work will be analyzed for years to come and help deepen our understanding about the entire industry’s role in funding and facilitating climate disinformation.”

Shut up...your climate predictions have been all crap

Too funny.

The disinformation has been wholly onesided and did not come from big oil.
What makes you think that? Do you actually think the world's scientists have a motivation to lie more pressing than the existential threat the oil industry faces?

Congress doesn't know anything about the oil business.

What specific disinformation are they guilty of spreading?
Number One, following in the footsteps of the tobacco industry and the intelligent design folks is to contend that a serious debate still exists among the world's experts as to the reality and the cause of global warming. They have also sought out and funded scientists who tend to find results favoring their interests to the extent of actually producing "counterfeit science". They have created front organizations claiming to be researching the issue that actually do nothing but advocate for the fossil fuel agenda. Lately, of course, they have been pretending to be 'greening' themselves - making the transition to renewable energy technologies while they actually plan and invest in nothing but continued fossil fuel production. And last summer they got my dog pregnant.

Shut up...your climate predictions have been all crap
climate-science-settled.jpg

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy... This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore...." Ottmar Edenhofer, IPCC

Number One, following in the footsteps of the tobacco industry and the intelligent design folks is to contend that a serious debate still exists among the world's experts as to the reality and the cause of global warming. They have also sought out and funded scientists who tend to find results favoring their interests to the extent of actually producing "counterfeit science". They have created front organizations claiming to be researching the issue that actually do nothing but advocate for the fossil fuel agenda. Lately, of course, they have been pretending to be 'greening' themselves - making the transition to renewable energy technologies while they actually plan and invest in nothing but continued fossil fuel production. And last summer they got my dog pregnant.

Wow!
Sounds like a RICO case.

LOL!

You do make a good point: the idea that Earth based hydrocarbons come from fossils IS the biggest lie perpetrated by Big Oil

Number One, following in the footsteps of the tobacco industry and the intelligent design folks is to contend that a serious debate still exists among the world's experts as to the reality and the cause of global warming.
They're correct on that one....Your "97% of scientists agree" trope is a 100% lie.
They have also sought out and funded scientists who tend to find results favoring their interests to the extent of actually producing "counterfeit science". They have created front organizations claiming to be researching the issue that actually do nothing but advocate for the fossil fuel agenda. Lately, of course, they have been pretending to be 'greening' themselves - making the transition to renewable energy technologies while they actually plan and invest in nothing but continued fossil fuel production. And last summer they got my dog pregnant.
Shocking that they'd want to protect themselves from commie charlatans and pseudo-scientific hoaxers....Shocking I say!

Forum List

Back