Big day today

Don't get too happy, he is predicting a political decision rather than a legal decision.

I have faith in the Supreme Court. I'm sure they will come out with a ruling that says the ObamaCare crap is unConstitutional.

The supreme court will declare this monstrocity constitutional. Which will pave the way for even more absurd mandates going forward. Congrats on ruiining liberty.

It's odd, because if Obamacare is found constitutional the harm it will cause to the Nation will be untold. The division that will occur will be on a level I don't think we have seen since the civil war. Obamacare is clearly unconstitutional and is a massive Government power grab. People had hope that Obamacare would be ruled out by the SC but if that does not happen the "hope" is gone and it turns into something else, true division.

Bush was a horrid President and did way more than his fair share when it came to dividing this country, but to have Obama step in after Bush and continue and expand upon that destructive division might prove to be a politically unfixable problem going forward.

SS/MC/MC/Welfare/Subsidies/Obamacare, Government will literally never have enough to produce what they promised. Even if you eliminated the entire 700 billion from Defense we are already lost in debt. The fact that these programs ask for more money every single year, not less when we already can’t afford them is testament to those that predicted these programs will never work nor have the ever worked in the long run. The cost for Obamacare has already increased dramatically and it has not even gone into full effect, you think some would get a clue.

It's odd, because if Obamacare is found constitutional the harm it will cause to the Nation will be untold. The division that will occur will be on a level I don't think we have seen since the civil war. Obamacare is clearly unconstitutional and is a massive Government power grab. People had hope that Obamacare would be ruled out by the SC but if that does not happen the "hope" is gone and it turns into something else, true division.

Bush was a horrid President and did way more than his fair share when it came to dividing this country, but to have Obama step in after Bush and continue and expand upon that destructive division might prove to be a politically unfixable problem going forward.

SS/MC/MC/Welfare/Subsidies/Obamacare, Government will literally never have enough to produce what they promised. Even if you eliminated the entire 700 billion from Defense we are already lost in debt. The fact that these programs ask for more money every single year, not less when we already can’t afford them is testament to those that predicted these programs will never work nor have the ever worked in the long run. The cost for Obamacare has already increased dramatically and it has not even gone into full effect, you think some would get a clue.

You don't seem to understand what is going on. The Leftists in America WANT the division of which you speak.

Of course we don't know how this will play out, but here is the remark from Kennedy, which is the core supporting objection of conservatives:

'Even before the administration's top lawyer could get three minutes into his defense of the mandate, some justices accused the government of pushing for excessive authority to require Americans to buy anything.

"Are there any limits," asked Justice Anthony Kennedy, one of three conservative justices whose votes are seen as crucial to the fate of the unprecedented insurance mandate.'

Justices signal possible trouble ahead for health insurance mandate - latimes.com

Don't get too happy, he is predicting a political decision rather than a legal decision.

Disagreements between justices should be minute if they are constitutionalist.

They better not uphold Obamacare. They'll create more havoc then this country has ever seen internally. Talk about sides? Gun sale have been flying after Obama got elected.
Can you imagine what will come next if they step on the Constitution?

The supreme court will declare this monstrocity constitutional. Which will pave the way for even more absurd mandates going forward. Congrats on ruiining liberty.

Sadly, I have to agree....

This problem is political rather than constitutional...the only way to reverse it is at the ballot box.

Swing vote Kennedy is pissing all over the individual mandate.

Looks good.

12:04 pm
Tuesday's Arguments
by Brent Kendall
Justice Kennedy * * * bristles at * * * suggestion that young, healthy people without insurance are somehow beyond regulatory consideration. Such a person is "an actuarial reality who can and must be measured,"he said.
-- from Live Blog: Obama Health Law at the Supreme Court, Day 2 - Washington Wire - WSJ [slightly edited from weird formatting on that blog]

Constitutional jurisprudence based on actuarial "reality" constructs?

Such alleged "legal reasoning" could easily sink the Constitution.

It would be nice to hit the reset button and start all over, beginning with politicians who believe and really do support the constitution.
All the supreme court has to do is look back at what the founders wanted when they wrote this document, stop interpreting the shit because interpretations could mean anything. Would the founders want the citizenry to be reliant on government for anything other than defense? Hell no. And the supreme court should rule as such. Tyranny will follow if this law is allowed to stand. And some of you support this. If this law stands, you will finally get the change you believed in, and you wont like it one bit.

Last edited:
By contrast, I do like this observation:

11:44 am
Tuesday's Agruments
by Brent Kendall

As it did in the lower courts, the federal government on Tuesday has again struggled to articulate a workable principle that would limit the ability of Congress to require citizens to make other types of purchases in the future. That concern was raised over and over again by conservative justices during their questioning of the government's Mr. Verrilli. Chief Justice Roberts said that if the court approved of the mandate, it may be hard to set limitations on what Congress can do. "All bets are off," he said.
-- Id. Slightly edited for repair of odd formatting. My emphases are added.

This problem is political rather than constitutional...the only way to reverse it is at the ballot box.

You may be right, But, If the court Justices are as they should be this would be an open and shut case. Let's hope so. I would rather fight than switch. I would rather not have the fight.

They better not uphold Obamacare. They'll create more havoc then this country has ever seen internally. Talk about sides? Gun sale have been flying after Obama got elected.

Can you imagine what the GOP will put in its place? Neither can I.

You may be right, But, If the court Justices are as they should be this would be an open and shut case. Let's hope so. I would rather fight than switch. I would rather not have the fight.

12:25 pm Tuesday's Arguments by Brent Kendall
Justice Breyer says "we all suffer the risk of getting sick" and "we can’t predict when." That's why this is a national problem, he says. As Mr. Clement nears the end of the argument, it's fairly clear the court's four liberal justices are leaning toward support for the insurance mandate. Notably, Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kennedy made comments that at least somewhat tempered the criticisms they voiced earlier against the federal government. Justices Scalia and Alito did not, making it a seeming long shot that Mr. Verrilli will be able to pick up either of their votes.

These things are easy to predict in todays hyper-sensitive political climate. Rather than go on constitutional grounds, we're goin' on a feelin'.

Can you imagine what the GOP will put in its place? Neither can I.

My opinion, The GOP is about to be resurrected. The old timers will be history in Nov.
Better will come of it for all of us.
The answer isn't more Government and Government controls which both sides are playing.

Forum List

Back