Big day today

Disagreements between justices should be minute if they are constitutionalist.

They better not uphold Obamacare. They'll create more havoc then this country has ever seen internally. Talk about sides? Gun sale have been flying after Obama got elected.
Can you imagine what will come next if they step on the Constitution?

Can you imagine what the GOP will put in its place? Neither can I.

My opinion, The GOP is about to be resurrected. The old timers will be history in Nov.
Better will come of it for all of us.
The answer isn't more Government and Government controls which both sides are playing.

What we will get is a government unable to take on any industry no matter how horribly they exploit the general populace, nothing to cheer about. No one is thinking any further down the road than getting it abolished, any thoughts on the aftermath of a health industry that cannot be reformed?

We've heard nothing but opinions so far, and you know what they say about opinions.

There's really only 9 opinions that matter.
Don't forget about the 300 million armed Americans and their opinions. People are only going to get pushed so far, and then enough will be enough. Those 9 opinions won't mean shit.

When the USSC ruled that it was perfectly Constitutional for private companies to buy our elected officials, who in turn are the ones passing the types of legislation you are railing against, where was your outrage?

Don't forget about the 300 million armed Americans and their opinions. People are only going to get pushed so far, and then enough will be enough. Those 9 opinions won't mean shit.

When the USSC ruled that it was perfectly Constitutional for private companies to buy our elected officials, who in turn are the ones passing the types of legislation you are railing against, where was your outrage?

I think any one with common sense was outraged. I was.

Hmmmm....I should go back and search the boards. I don't recall any outrage from the right....

Hmmmm....I should go back and search the boards. I don't recall any outrage from the right....

I haven't been on the board long enough, you won't find anything from me.
Its an unfair ruling. No doubt about that. It does work both ways though and we all know they both suck lately.

Last edited:

You're changing the subject. I'm referring to an unconstitutional mandate written and signed into law by democrats, period, and what could possibly ensue if the SCOTUS rules it constitutional. This country is a tinder box now. It isn't going to take much more and it's going to erupt.

Whre was yours over the Unions buying those same elected officials??

It's odd, because if Obamacare is found constitutional the harm it will cause to the Nation will be untold. The division that will occur will be on a level I don't think we have seen since the civil war. Obamacare is clearly unconstitutional and is a massive Government power grab. People had hope that Obamacare would be ruled out by the SC but if that does not happen the "hope" is gone and it turns into something else, true division.

Bush was a horrid President and did way more than his fair share when it came to dividing this country, but to have Obama step in after Bush and continue and expand upon that destructive division might prove to be a politically unfixable problem going forward.

SS/MC/MC/Welfare/Subsidies/Obamacare, Government will literally never have enough to produce what they promised. Even if you eliminated the entire 700 billion from Defense we are already lost in debt. The fact that these programs ask for more money every single year, not less when we already can’t afford them is testament to those that predicted these programs will never work nor have the ever worked in the long run. The cost for Obamacare has already increased dramatically and it has not even gone into full effect, you think some would get a clue.

You don't seem to understand what is going on. The Leftists in America WANT the division of which you speak.

So do the Righties...

Whre was yours over the Unions buying those same elected officials??

Anyone who has paid attention to my posts, knows I am anti-union, so your attempt to deflect is a failure.

I am no lawyer but if the SCOTUS hands down a decision saying that the government does not have the power to require people to purchase anything and corporations are people then it could be argued that the government does not have the power to regulate if it requires, for example, a chemical plant to install cleaner systems or hire the services of a toxic waste disposal firm. Those things require a corporate person to buy goods and services they do not want. Someone please tell me that this cannot be turned against the environmental regulatory structure.

You're changing the subject. I'm referring to an unconstitutional mandate written and signed into law by democrats, period, and what could possibly ensue if the SCOTUS rules it constitutional. This country is a tinder box now. It isn't going to take much more and it's going to erupt.

I so agree.

Not a deflect.

A simple question and I do know your anti-union just like me.

Just have never seen you post anything about the difference between Corps or Unions buying those officials.

Chill.

I am no lawyer but if the SCOTUS hands down a decision saying that the government does not have the power to require people to purchase anything and corporations are people then it could be argued that the government does not have the power to regulate if it requires, for example, a chemical plant to install cleaner systems or hire the services of a toxic waste disposal firm. Those things require a corporate person to buy goods and services they do not want. Someone please tell me that this cannot be turned against the environmental regulatory structure.

You're to far left. Get some RiteAid.

The same people who are bankrolling the fight against the mandate are also the most vocal opponents of the EPA, coincidence?

It would be nice to hit the reset button and start all over, beginning with politicians who believe and really do support the constitution.
All the supreme court has to do is look back at what the founders wanted when they wrote this document, stop interpreting the shit because interpretations could mean anything. Would the founders want the citizenry to be reliant on government for anything other than defense? Hell no. And the supreme court should rule as such. Tyranny will follow if this law is allowed to stand. And some of you support this. If this law stands, you will finally get the change you believed in, and you wont like it one bit.

I guess the Drama club you belong to is missing your input?

I don't see where it can be mandated that you buy insurance. But wow; when are you going to get to "the terrorist win" argument.

The same people who are bankrolling the fight against the mandate are also the most vocal opponents of the EPA, coincidence?

The EPA was a good thing once. Now its a dictatorship in it for the Billions they make.
They have gone to far for to long and its crippling us economically. It needs reform in a big way.
Hey I'll pay taxes, I'll obey the rules that make sense. I'm not standing still for anything more.

Last edited:

MANY Americans felt that corporations having the ability to buy our government off was unConstitutional as well, until the USSC ruled that it wasn't. IF the USSC rules that the mandate in Constitutional, then based on our form of government, it IS Constitutional, yes?

MANY Americans felt that corporations having the ability to buy our government off was unConstitutional as well, until the USSC ruled that it wasn't. IF the USSC rules that the mandate in Constitutional, then based on our form of government, it IS Constitutional, yes?

Our Government has been paving its own road. We've been left out in the dark.
Time for some real change. It's called restoration.

The EPA was a good thing once. Now its a dictatorship in it for the Billions they make.
They have gone to far for to long and its crippling us economically. It needs reform in a big way.
Hey I'll pay taxes, I'll obey the rules that make sense. I'm not standing still for anything more.

I'm old enough to remember a country without a uniform set of environmental regulations, trust me, you do not want to see those days come again for any amount of jobs that will not come back anyway.

Forum List

Back