Big day today

I was wrong, if this is found constitutional Mitt's chances of winning are much better. Mitt will not be a good President as it seems habit for People to run off repeal, small Government and fiscal responsibility only to seemingly go mad with power once in office, Obama is a prime example of what I just said as well is Bush. Mitt also fits the bill, as he was one of the more progressive politicians in our lifetime.

We've heard nothing but opinions so far, and you know what they say about opinions.

There's really only 9 opinions that matter.
Don't forget about the 300 million armed Americans and their opinions. People are only going to get pushed so far, and then enough will be enough. Those 9 opinions won't mean shit.

I really don't see armed rebellion over obamacare. I don't know where the tipping point is, but say it stands, obama enacts crap and trade by executive order, and then starts talking about disarming citizens, THEN it would get very messy.
What I would really like to see is a SCOTUS test case on some random executive order. In my opinion, POTUS has gotten way too powerful. The President should never be allowed to do an end run around Congress and claim separation of powers.

I am no lawyer but if the SCOTUS hands down a decision saying that the government does not have the power to require people to purchase anything and corporations are people then it could be argued that the government does not have the power to regulate if it requires, for example, a chemical plant to install cleaner systems or hire the services of a toxic waste disposal firm. Those things require a corporate person to buy goods and services they do not want. Someone please tell me that this cannot be turned against the environmental regulatory structure.

The difference is that in your example, the government says, 'You must meet X requirement'. They do not require specific products be purchased, services be retained, etc.... just that the requirement is met. How they meet it is up to them.

With Obamacare, the government says, 'You must buy healthcare insurance'. They require a specific product be purchased. The only 'option', is where, and that is limited. The only way to meet the government requirement, is to buy insurance.

When the USSC ruled that it was perfectly Constitutional for private companies to buy our elected officials, who in turn are the ones passing the types of legislation you are railing against, where was your outrage?

You're changing the subject. I'm referring to an unconstitutional mandate written and signed into law by democrats, period, and what could possibly ensue if the SCOTUS rules it constitutional. This country is a tinder box now. It isn't going to take much more and it's going to erupt.

MANY Americans felt that corporations having the ability to buy our government off was unConstitutional as well, until the USSC ruled that it wasn't. IF the USSC rules that the mandate in Constitutional, then based on our form of government, it IS Constitutional, yes?

To me the very fact that the liberal judges argue for Obamacare while the Conservatives judges don't shows me just how meaningless and corrupted the SC is. In the end they should all agree something is constitutional or it's thrown out. I don’t see how these people can come to completely separate positions on the same issue when their job is simply to say something is or is not constitutional. It’s like having mathematicians come to completely different answers to the same problem… There is one answer, there is no “I feel this answer is better.” If you want Government to have unlimited power change the constitution, don’t trample it.

For instance, if Obamacare is ok, then what can the US Government not do? It's a serious and simple question. If the restraints of the constitution no longer apply then what law can't be passed?

The same people who are bankrolling the fight against the mandate are also the most vocal opponents of the EPA, coincidence?

The EPA was a good thing once. Now its a dictatorship in it for the Billions they make.
They have gone to far for to long and its crippling us economically. It needs reform in a big way.
Hey I'll pay taxes, I'll obey the rules that make sense. I'm not standing still for anything more.

I'm old enough to remember a country without a uniform set of environmental regulations, trust me, you do not want to see those days come again for any amount of jobs that will not come back anyway.

If you look at our advancements in technology you would know the EPA is a money machine preventing a manufacturing industry from existing. All for money.. Greed on the Left.
I'm sure clean air and water are simple and affordable tasks these days. Then theres the repatriation tax. That's another story.
Don't be fooled.

Don't forget about the 300 million armed Americans and their opinions. People are only going to get pushed so far, and then enough will be enough. Those 9 opinions won't mean shit.

I really don't see armed rebellion over obamacare. I don't know where the tipping point is, but say it stands, obama enacts crap and trade by executive order, and then starts talking about disarming citizens, THEN it would get very messy.
What I would really like to see is a SCOTUS test case on some random executive order. In my opinion, POTUS has gotten way too powerful. The President should never be allowed to do an end run around Congress and claim separation of powers.

bingo!

When the USSC ruled that it was perfectly Constitutional for private companies to buy our elected officials, who in turn are the ones passing the types of legislation you are railing against, where was your outrage?

You're changing the subject. I'm referring to an unconstitutional mandate written and signed into law by democrats, period, and what could possibly ensue if the SCOTUS rules it constitutional. This country is a tinder box now. It isn't going to take much more and it's going to erupt.

MANY Americans felt that corporations having the ability to buy our government off was unConstitutional as well, until the USSC ruled that it wasn't. IF the USSC rules that the mandate in Constitutional, then based on our form of government, it IS Constitutional, yes?
Yes, but subject to change.

The EPA was a good thing once. Now its a dictatorship in it for the Billions they make.
They have gone to far for to long and its crippling us economically. It needs reform in a big way.
Hey I'll pay taxes, I'll obey the rules that make sense. I'm not standing still for anything more.

I'm old enough to remember a country without a uniform set of environmental regulations, trust me, you do not want to see those days come again for any amount of jobs that will not come back anyway.

If you look at our advancements in technology you would know the EPA is a money machine preventing a manufacturing industry from existing. All for money.. Greed on the Left.
I'm sure clean air and water are simple and affordable tasks these days. Then theres the repatriation tax. That's another story.
Don't be fooled.

Why didn;t Bush and Republicans get rid of the EPA? What stopped them?

To me the very fact that the liberal judges argue for Obamacare while the Conservatives judges don't shows me just how meaningless and corrupted the SC is. In the end they should all agree something is constitutional or it's thrown out. I don’t see how these people can come to completely separate positions on the same issue when their job is simply to say something is or is not constitutional. It’s like having mathematicians come to completely different answers to the same problem… There is one answer, there is no “I feel this answer is better.” If you want Government to have unlimited power change the constitution, don’t trample it.

For instance, if Obamacare is ok, then what can the US Government not do? It's a serious and simple question. If the restraints of the constitution no longer apply then what law can't be passed?

Well put.

Blather. That was not -- in any way -- what they ruled. It is a bogus interpretation amounting to just some silly partisan hackery. Nothing more.

I think any one with common sense was outraged. I was.

Nonsense.

That wasn't the ruling and it's not the meaning nor the effect of the ruling.

Nothing to be outraged about.

Don't be fooled.

Why didn;t Bush and Republicans get rid of the EPA? What stopped them?

The Old GOP is no different than the left. Its obvious to many.
Change coming in Nov. The restoration of the Republican Party and the Country.

Nonsense.

explain?

Every ad Romney was asked about? He says he has no idea? Bullshit!

Obama will be worse.

Last edited:

Nonsense.

explain?

Obama will be worse.

You are conflating the bullshit ads and lies told by liars with the issue of freedom of speech.

Yeah. Romney is a liar. So is President Obama. Big surprise.

It would still violate the first amendment to deny a company the right to spend its money to take out political ads, either way. Similarly, it would deny free speech to a Union to say they could not spend their money in a similar way. OF course, when they do so, they often deny their own members free speech, but that's a different topic.

Nonsense.

explain?

Obama will be worse.

You are conflating the bullshit ads and lies told by liars with the issue of freedom of speech.

Yeah. Romney is a liar. So is President Obama. Big surprise.

It would still violate the first amendment to deny a company the right to spend its money to take out political ads, either way. Similarly, it would deny free speech to a Union to say they could not spend their money in a similar way. OF course, when they do so, they often deny their own members free speech, but that's a different topic.

a point well taken. I suppose that 400 million they gave the Dems last go round was a smitten compared to what they will do next. Public Union members are so fooled.

I would like to add that the best thing that can come of this for Obama is it's found unconstitutional. Mitt will lose the GE as he has nothing to run on and most of the party already hated him, Obamacare is Mitt's only chance. Obama fans can be rallied behind some sort of new Government grab for HC power.

If it's not found legal, watch as people like Rtard/Shaman/TM/Chris/RW do just as I predicted.

Last edited:
I would like to add that the best thing that can come of this for Obama is it's found unconstitutional. Mitt will lose the GE as he has nothing to run on and most of the party already hated him, Obamacare is Mitt's only chance. Obama fans can be rallied behind some sort of new Government grab for HC power.

If it's not found legal, watch as people like Rtard/Shaman/TM/Chris/RW do just as I predicted.

I'm waiting to see Ed Shultz go ballistic when it ruled unconstitutional.
That guy is Marxist nutz.

I'm waiting to see Ed Shultz go ballistic when it ruled unconstitutional.
That guy is Marxist nutz.

I don't watch any of that stuff, neither do I listen to AM radio... It's all opions and entertrainment. I don't need to pay people or make them money just so they can make me mad.

Don't get too happy, he is predicting a political decision rather than a legal decision.

Disagreements between justices should be minute if they are constitutionalist.

They better not uphold Obamacare. They'll create more havoc then this country has ever seen internally. Talk about sides? Gun sale have been flying after Obama got elected.
Can you imagine what will come next if they step on the Constitution?

Can you imagine what the GOP will put in its place? Neither can I.

The same thing they did after defeating Hillarycare in '94. Promise you they have a better plan, and do nothing.

Forum List

Back