Biden's war on oil continues. Cancels leases for over 365,000 acres.

Lease Sale 261 to be held on September 27 will offer approximately 67 million acres on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf in the Western, Central, and Eastern Planning Areas in the Gulf of Mexico.

Nah, it's too big of a fight to try and drill up there, especially when they're opening up more than enough in the Gulf.

At the current values and projected values of oil as more and more governments make it harder and harder to explore and exploit now, thus making it harder and harder to produce 5 to 10 years from now?

Then they will bitch about the oil companies making profits because the governments restricted the supply with their own policies.

Today. Don't expand leases or exploration rights NOW and 5 years from now you will be dropping off a cliff production wise.

Talking to an Engineer here, so don't try to bullshit me on infrastructure and industry.
Been hearing that for 20 years and you know what?
It's BS.

Pumping more oil today than ever.
Want the leases, use them.

US oil production is at record levels.
Another failed troll post.
As the price of oil goes up so does inflation. US oil production is plateauing not increasing. The rig count went from 600 at the beginning of 2023 to 500 now. That means as oil wells run out there are fewer new ones to continue to produce oil.
We'll see in late 2024 what the price of oil and gas is. Any predictions?

Last edited:
As the price of oil goes up so does inflation. US oil production is plateauing not increasing. The rig count went fro 600 at the beginning of 2023 to 500 now. That means as oil wells run out there are fewer new ones to continue to produce oil.
Highest ever for the 2nd time during the Biden presidency? :dunno:

It's not looking good right now. :(

Lease Sale 261 to be held on September 27 will offer approximately 67 million acres on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf in the Western, Central, and Eastern Planning Areas in the Gulf of Mexico.Nah, it's too big of a fight to try and drill up there, especially when they're opening up more than enough in the Gulf.
They reduced the Gulf leases by 6m acres. Any bets on the price of oil and gas in late 2024?
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), an Interior Department subagency tasked with managing offshore energy development, published a final notice of sale for Lease Sale 261 late Wednesday, including six million fewer acres than it previously scheduled. The Gulf of Mexico lease sale is set to take place in late September and marks the final planned federal oil and gas sale.

They reduced the Gulf leases by 6m acres. Any bets on the price of oil and gas in late 2024?
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), an Interior Department subagency tasked with managing offshore energy development, published a final notice of sale for Lease Sale 261 late Wednesday, including six million fewer acres than it previously scheduled. The Gulf of Mexico lease sale is set to take place in late September and marks the final planned federal oil and gas sale.
The leases they cancelled were less than a half a million acres. Yeah they cut the 73 million acres in the original plan down by less than 10% to appease the environmental lobby. Lucy let Charlie Brown shank one........

The leases they cancelled were less than a half a million acres. Yeah they cut the 73 million acres in the original plan down by less than 10% to appease the environmental lobby. Lucy let Charlie Brown shank one........
My link is very recent, you typed bullshit. See the difference?
Don't dodge the price of gas in and oil 11/24, so what is your prediction?

Biden is obeying orders from Xi to end American dominance....
He is a traitor.... and so is everyone who is trying to stop Trump from winning....
He is definitely catering to China, two large chemical facilities I do business with are losing market share to china. One plant has went from 7 days per week to 3 days per week on production

Maybe he is trying to live up to his promise to end oil. Maybe he likes his sky high gas prices.

The facts show every action he has take on oil/gas has been to limit it.

Biden admin abruptly axes Alaska oil and gas leases backed by state lawmakers, Native Americans​

Alaska state agency to challenge federal action in court, conduct discovery of top Biden admin officials​

The Biden administration canceled several oil and gas leases issued in early 2021 to an Alaskan state economic development agency, it announced Wednesday.

The Department of the Interior (DOI) rescinded the seven 10-year leases — spanning 365,775 acres in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) — held by the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA) and supported by a wide range of stakeholders, including lawmakers and Native Alaskans. The leases were issued by the Trump administration in one of its final actions.
Good fuck ‘em.

Thanks for pointing out how Trump was the energy President, and Tater is trying to kill oil and gas, Simp.

Man your desperation to have me respond to your posts is palpable. Posting insults and obvious lies and then calling me out to respond. I'm not the least bit interested in you FuckBoi. Too young, too stupid, and you're a FUCKBOI.

Trump isn't the "energy President". Energy production increased 80% under Barrack Obama. Trump took over from the "Energy President", and continued his policies until January of 2020, when he started cutting production, and he left office production was only marginally higher than when he took office.

His production cuts meant that Biden's Presidency started with gasoline shortages and sky high prices. You don't think Trump might have done that deliberately do you? He did sign the agreement with OPEC to CUT production in December of 2020, after he already knew he'd lost the election.

As the price of oil goes up so does inflation. US oil production is plateauing not increasing. The rig count went from 600 at the beginning of 2023 to 500 now. That means as oil wells run out there are fewer new ones to continue to produce oil.
  • U.S. crude oil production. As a result of higher expected well-level productivity and higher crude oil prices, we expect U.S. crude oil production will average 12.8 million b/d in 2023 and 13.1 million b/d in 2024, both annual records.
  • Natural gas production. Associated natural gas production growth in the Permian Basin, driven by higher oil prices, has supported U.S. dry natural gas production in 2023 despite a decline in natural gas prices. We expect production to average about 104 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) through the end of 2024, compared with 103 Bcf/d in 2Q23. Flat production largely reflects continuing growth in associated natural gas production offset by declines in natural gas directed drilling.

Man your desperation to have me respond to your posts is palpable. Posting insults and obvious lies and then calling me out to respond. I'm not the least bit interested in you FuckBoi. Too young, too stupid, and you're a FUCKBOI.

Trump isn't the "energy President". Energy production increased 80% under Barrack Obama. Trump took over from the "Energy President", and continued his policies until January of 2020, when he started cutting production, and he left office production was only marginally higher than when he took office.

His production cuts meant that Biden's Presidency started with gasoline shortages and sky high prices. You don't think Trump might have done that deliberately do you? He did sign the agreement with OPEC to CUT production in December of 2020, after he already knew he'd lost the election.

His production cuts meant that Biden's Presidency started with gasoline shortages and sky high prices.

Man, you really are stupid beyond comprehension. Gas was $2.36 when Tater took office.

Moron.

Actually the Trumpybear didn't/couldn't cut US production. It was the market pressure that bankrupted several small producers. He did urge the industry to voluntarily cut production but that didn't work or if it did it didn't last. The deal with OPEC + was hatched in during the pandemic shortly after the price of oil went negative. OPEC + sure as hell constrained the return to pre-pandemic production levels to keep the price high, mostly because they still hate America.

My link is very recent, you typed bullshit. See the difference?
Don't dodge the price of gas in and oil 11/24, so what is your prediction?

There is no difference except for the bullshit filter one must wear. From your link: "Overall, BOEM said it would offer 12,395 blocks across approximately 67 million acres in multiple regions of the Gulf of Mexico, less than the 13,620 blocks across 73.4 million acres it originally planned to offer."

The eia predicts an all time high in US oil production. US oil production is exponentially smaller compared to the production power of OPEC+. Since we have been oil dependence for over a half a century, we do not control the price of oil and are at the mercy of the market pricing.

Forum List

Back