Biden: Trust Us!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gem, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Ok, I apologize if this has been brought up already...but Biden's comments today worried me. I just try to imagine if McCain or Palin went out of the stump and said "Ok, when we get elected we're going to make a whole lot of tough decisions that all of you, our supporters, are going to disagree with and think are wrong...but trust us...cause we're right...and the right decisions are never popular."

People on BOTH sides of the political spectrum would be FREAKING OUT! But here is Biden...and has anyone heard of anyone being concerned about this statement?

Biden said (emphasis mine):
    Biden said (emphasis mine):

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where President Obama would be incredibly low in national polls...making unpopular decisions that people don't think are sound....

And here is Biden...telling people in advance that this is going to happen...and that all the supporters should just "trust him."

Do you? Will you if you don't think the decisions they are making are sound?

2. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    They have their own agenda. Only in election year is when they would say what the people want to hear. After election year until the next, they're back in business working with the agenda of constituents that put them in office in the first place. 2010, 2012, 2014, years on, good to our ears. The odd years, lobbyists, special interests.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Glad you started this, I was thinking of doing the same, pretty sure it was started already. Here's my contribution:

Hot Air Blog Archive Biden: Obama’s inexperience will prompt nations to test us

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If it isn't fear tactics, I should would like to know what he's talking about. You think some talking head will ask him to clarify this a little bit before America is stuck with this guy?

5. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    What does it say about Biden and his boss that this is brought up by the candidate before the election?

-Joe

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,641

The answer? Why fuck no I don't trust him/them. Not now, not ever.

7. Otter_Creek

Otter_Creek worst president ever

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Sounds like Obama wants to bring back the draft.
    A civilian thought and talk police, a portable guillotine would be a nice touch too.

What's wrong with you people?

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Obama and Biden have no clue what they are going to do if they get elected. They've been talking about change, but they have no idea what that means. They'll be winging it for the first couple of years. After that, Congress will be replaced by more conservative members and then things will run a bit more smoothly. Then the people will say, "hey, things are running pretty good. Let's try not to change anything." Obama will get reelected and the conservatives will continue calling the shots. In the end, people will think Obama was great, but we'll know that he had little to do with the direction of the country.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And they know it, even the media knows they know it. Using the basketball metaphor, they are trying to 'run out the clock'...

Palin Becomes Increasingly Accessible To The National Media - From The Road

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1