Biden says coal plants 'all across America' will be shut down, replaced with wind and solar at cost of $4,582.24 /month/Household or $67.9 Trillion!

Solar and Wind are dependent on fossil fuels and increase the use of fossil fuels
Case in point... Wind depends on lubrication of the turbines as do we all on the other products!
A partial list of items made from a barrel of oil...
Here’s what just one barrel of crude oil can produce:
Enough liquefied gases (such as propane) to fill 12 small (14.1 ounce) cylinders for home, camping or workshop use.
Enough gasoline to drive a medium-sized car (17 miles per gallon) over 280 miles.
Asphalt to make about one gallon of tar for patching roofs or streets.
Lubricants to make about a quart of motor oil.
Enough distillate fuel to drive a large truck (five miles per gallon) for almost 40 miles. If jet fuel fraction is included, that same truck can run nearly 50 miles.
Nearly 70 kilowatt hours of electricity at a power plant generated by residual fuel.
About four pounds of charcoal briquettes.
Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons.
There are enough petrochemicals left in that same barrel to provide the base for one of the following:
A petri dish (holds up to 2.5 ounces) with domestic crude oil being poured into it
39 polyester shirts
750 pocket combs
540 toothbrushes
65 plastic dustpans
23 hula hoops
65 plastic drinking cups
195 one-cup measuring cups
11 plastic telephone housings
135 four-inch rubber balls
The lighter materials in a barrel are used mainly for paint thinners and dry-cleaning solvents and they can make nearly a quart of one of these products.
The miscellaneous fraction of what is left still contains enough by-products to be used in medicinal oils, still gas, road oil and plant condensates –
a real industrial horn of plenty.
So again... what will replace the above items made from fossil fuels that Biden guarantees to "We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Solar and Wind are dependent on fossil fuels and increase the use of fossil fuels
That is true. It will be interesting to see how they manage to even construct wind turbines and solar panels, let alone maintain them, when all the fossil fuel companies shut down. I guess they'll be importing ALL the fossil fuel products we now use in the construction, transportation, maintenance, operation of thousands and thousands of products and Lord knows what that will cost us.

Newsflash. Every wind turbine out there uses 80 gallons of petroleum just to operate every year. It will be interesting so see how they manage to keep the turbines going when they close down oil production.

And it takes a LOT of Petroleum to build, transport, and install a wind turbine.

Last edited:
That is true. It will be interesting to see how they manage to even construct wind turbines and solar panels, let alone maintain them, when all the fossil fuel companies shut down. I guess they'll be importing ALL the fossil fuel products we now use in the construction, transportation, maintenance, operation of thousands and thousands of products and Lord knows what that will cost us.
I believe that smart states should take all of the declining fossil fuel business they can get with any deals they make as the insanity of the self-suicide politicians continues unabated until proven differently. We may even have limits on people moving into states with sound energy policies as the green energy does not keep up with reality and falls behind in needs for citizens.

Good bad or what ever, We have to encourage the development & use of every form of energy. I have no idea what the rush is, just not an area I have enough REAL informed information about to make a good argument.

I believe that smart states should take all of the declining fossil fuel business they can get with any deals they make as the insanity of the self-suicide politicians continues unabated until proven differently. We may even have limits on people moving into states with sound energy policies as the green energy does not keep up with reality and falls behind in needs for citizens.
The problem is that Biden can shut down the oil industry by executive order simply by imposing rules and regs that put oil profits in the negative column. And it will take time for the oil companies to get relief from the courts. He also has until January to do a lot of damage even if the red wave gets a majority in Congress.

Newsflash. Every wind turbine out there uses 80 gallons of petroleum just to operate every year. It will be interesting so see how they manage to keep the turbines going when they close down oil

Not sure where you get the 80 gallons from, buy ten years ago Vestas stated a 150' tall turbibe needed 250 gallons of petroleum. Since then the size has grown to 300' then 500' and now tjey want to build 800' tall wind turbines.

Most likely the new Wind Turbines will use more than 500 gallons of ool a year

Who would be so out of touch with what every day Americans are going through with the cost of energy...gas for their cars...heating oil for their homes...diesel for the trucks that deliver everything...electricity to light their homes...that he would think shutting down the cheapest way to produce electricity was something to BRAG about?

Is Biden really this stupid?
Yes, he is that stupid.

The problem is that Biden can shut down the oil industry by executive order simply by imposing rules and regs that put oil profits in the negative column. And it will take time for the oil companies to get relief from the courts. He also has until January to do a lot of damage even if the red wave gets a majority in Congress.
What is irritating to the max is that I cannot believe this low-level maggot has been like this for a half century and got away with it without any push back. the people of Delaware need to question what they voted in. Delaware is conservative in many ways but progressive in others. And the corporate interests gave us Biden. When I need leaders that are fronted to me, I get disappointed. We see the false Repubs in power.

Not sure where you get the 80 gallons from, buy ten years ago Vestas stated a 150' tall turbibe needed 250 gallons of petroleum. Since then the size has grown to 300' then 500' and now tjey want to build 800' tall wind turbines.

Most likely the new Wind Turbines will use more than 500 gallons of ool a year
I posted the link supporting that 80 gallons. But you may be right that larger ones use a lot more.

What is irritating to the max is that I cannot believe this low-level maggot has been like this for a half century and got away with it without any push back. the people of Delaware need to question what they voted in. Delaware is conservative in many ways but progressive in others. And the corporate interests gave us Biden. When I need leaders that are fronted to me, I get disappointed. We see the false Repubs in power.
Biden didn't create the green energy religion. He's just all in on it. And he has the power to hurt people because of it. And he is doing that.

Who would be so out of touch with what every day Americans are going through with the cost of energy...gas for their cars...heating oil for their homes...diesel for the trucks that deliver everything...electricity to light their homes...that he would think shutting down the cheapest way to produce electricity was something to BRAG about?

Is Biden really this stupid?
Biden is a multi-millionaire as are pretty much all members of Congress. They have no clue what it is to look at that $2 head of lettuce and decide what can be eliminated on the grocery list so the family can have a fresh salad. They don't know what it is to have to plan every usage of the car to save gasoline, and don't remember giving up almost everything fun just to keep the family in food, a roof over their heads and hope enough bills will be paid to keep creditors happy.

It isn't a matter of stupidity. It is a matter of cluelessness, turning a blind eye, not giving a damn. The only thing important to whoever is running Biden--it sure as heck isn't him--is staying in power. And they don't care who they hurt to do that.

Biden argued that it's 'cheaper' to generate electricity from wind and solar than it is from coal

President Biden said Friday that coal plants are too expensive to operate, and "we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America" in order to shift to wind power in a comment that drew criticism from the Republican National Committee.
Is it cheaper?
Couple of questions for Joe...
What happens at wind turbine power plants when there is no wind?
Note the picture... has the people going with a fossil fuel engine TO DEPEND ON.
Look at this picture:
View attachment 721190
Solar panels require sunlight to generate electricity for your home, so they do not produce electricity during the dark hours. Thus, the simple answer to the question is no. The concept of solar power working at night centers around backup batteries.
View attachment 721197

Now for the final question JOE...
So I'm going to shout because this is so important:
There are 123,600,000 total households in the USA.
Who will pay the $67,963,741,588,588 (that's $67.9 TRILLION) to replace all power plants with wind while converting to All EVs.
A total of 14,316,200,439,575 kWh per year including the current 4,165,030,000,000 kWh generated by the 11,070 power plants.
$54,986.85 per year per American household to pay for what Biden wants!
View attachment 721213
Read this walk-back by his press secretary... I swear, they think we're stupid:

President Biden knows that the men and women of coal country built this nation: they powered its steel mills and factories, kept its homes and schools and offices warm. They made this the most productive and powerful nation on Earth. He came to the White House to end years of big words but little action to help the coal-producing parts of our country. Working closely with Senator Manchin, a tireless advocate for his state and the hard-working men and women who live there, President Biden has helped get this part of the country back to work: the unemployment rate in West Virginia was 6.2% the last month before Joe Biden took office; now it is down to 4%. The President’s plans are already bringing new energy and manufacturing jobs to the region, and in the years ahead, will continue to create new jobs with projects like hydrogen energy generation. In fact, through the Working Group on Coal and Power Plant Communities, President Biden has already delivered more than $23 billion to energy communities across the country.

The President’s remarks yesterday have been twisted to suggest a meaning that was not intended; he regrets it if anyone hearing these remarks took offense. The President was commenting on a fact of economics and technology: as it has been from its earliest days as an energy superpower, America is once again in the midst of an energy transition. Our goal as a nation is to combat climate change and increase our energy security by producing clean and efficient American energy. Under President Biden, oil and natural gas production has increased, and we are on track to hit the highest production in our country’s history next year. He is determined to make sure that this transition helps all Americans in all parts of the country, with more jobs and better opportunities; it’s a commitment he has advanced since Day One. No one will be left behind.

Yep, we're just twisting his exact words and message, that's it.

He has until January to get it done but I get your point.
Well, you want a reason democrats are about to get their asses handed to them? Here it is in your comment right here…

Americans are fed up with having shit they don't want, rammed down their throats.

Biden argued that it's 'cheaper' to generate electricity from wind and solar than it is from coal

President Biden said Friday that coal plants are too expensive to operate, and "we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America" in order to shift to wind power in a comment that drew criticism from the Republican National Committee.
Is it cheaper?
Couple of questions for Joe...
What happens at wind turbine power plants when there is no wind?
Note the picture... has the people going with a fossil fuel engine TO DEPEND ON.
Look at this picture:
View attachment 721190
Solar panels require sunlight to generate electricity for your home, so they do not produce electricity during the dark hours. Thus, the simple answer to the question is no. The concept of solar power working at night centers around backup batteries.
View attachment 721197

Now for the final question JOE...
So I'm going to shout because this is so important:
There are 123,600,000 total households in the USA.
Who will pay the $67,963,741,588,588 (that's $67.9 TRILLION) to replace all power plants with wind while converting to All EVs.
A total of 14,316,200,439,575 kWh per year including the current 4,165,030,000,000 kWh generated by the 11,070 power plants.
$54,986.85 per year per American household to pay for what Biden wants!
View attachment 721213
First of all if it’s cheaper why the hell do they need massive subsidies to compete with other power plants?

Second, WTF is this retard too stupid to notice European countries did that stupid shit and are now panic building coal plants and spending billions to get others out of mothballs?

Forum List

Back