"Biden is the cause of gas and inflation"

ThomasSowellsFro

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2022
USA actually has one of the lowest gas prices compared to other western countries, and inflation is comparable to them as well. I haven't looked into this until recently, but have heard Fox whining about it non stop for months. Fake news.

USA actually has one of the lowest gas prices compared to other western countries, and inflation is comparable to them as well. I haven't looked into this until recently, but have heard Fox whining about it non stop for months. Fake news.

Fake news until you arrive at the gas pump, buddy. Or are you another one of them blokes who can't believe his 'lying' eyes? In my area of operations basic unleaded is $4.50 per gallon and diesel is $6.25. I suppose we're all just imagining these higher prices, right?

• Banned
Fake news until you arrive at the gas pump, buddy. Or are you another one of them blokes who can't believe his 'lying' eyes? In my area of operations basic unleaded is $4.50 per gallon and diesel is $6.25. I suppose we're all just imagining these higher prices, right?
Fake new is that Biden is the cause. Logic dictates that that isn't the case if all countries are seeing it. Biden deserves praise for keeping them so low compared to other places. He has your vote.

Most other countries tax gasoline much more heavily, than in the United States, even here in California. These taxes are hidden in the final price that the consumer pays at the pump.

So nice of you to defend the old, white, establishment.

So we spent a long time with low gas prices we should be ok with them being higher because "it's high other places"?

Well, we aren't talking about other countries. We're talking about our own country and how it dramatically effects American citizens.

By your logic Monaco is almost 3 times as much a month in US dollars to live in than in america, so you would be ok with having to pay 3x as much money as you do now per month because "Monaco does it so I'm cool with paying a lot more", right?

That's the kind of lazy thinking that helped us get in this mess. Defending stupidity with stupidity.

So nice of you to defend the old, white, establishment.
giphy.gif

Oh well he's a dem plantation black so it's sorta to be expected. ;)

Biden gas went up another 10 cents a gallon here in my blue Dem run state, I paid $5.17 a gallon for Biden gas this morning. Thanks Biden and Dems you assholes!
Here is what you need to do. You need to show how Biden's actions are responsible for higher gas prices. I will argue it is Trump's fault. But let's lay down some background.

First, the United States is more energy independent now than at any time under Trump. Domestic oil production should be up around 850,000 barrels a day by the end of the year. But that hardly replaces the 4 million barrels a day of lost Russian production. 2023 will be a record breaking year for domestic oil production. But he could be higher, and it is Trump's fault, not Biden.

Trump's total inept handling of the Covid crisis devastated our economy and took oil prices into the negative. Yes, for a short period lasting about a week you could actually get paid to take delivery of oil. Trump had openly encouraged all those companies to ramp up production and then, well they were paying people to take their product. Those same companies are very reluctant to make additional investments to expand production. I mean what if the Fed ratches up interest rates to a level initiating a recession, hell there those oil companies are, after making the capital investment to expand production they are looking at declining demand and lower returns on that investment.

There are steps that can be taken to help incentivize those oil companies to take that risk. Raising taxes could be a start. Penalizing, or better yet, withdrawing permits for areas where drilling has been approved by not initiated, is another. Eliminating the export of finished oil products, like diesel, seems to be a no-brainer. But you can bet the Republicans are not going to propose, or even support, jack shit. They don't care how much you have to pay for gasoline. The only thing they care about is winning.

Billions pumped into the economy over the years. If you do not understand what this does, take a class.
Oh wow, now we got the tired old song about printing money. I got news for you, three out of the four new dollars issued over the last two years came under Trump's watch. And Biden, for the first time in six years, ayep, since Obama, has reduced the deficit and paid down the national debt. There will be an even greater reduction in the deficit next year and additional payments on the outstanding debt. The Fed is in the process of reducing Quantitative Easing, and will further reduce it going forward. Under Trump, they were buying up debt like drunken sailors.

Here is what you need to do. You need to show how Biden's actions are responsible for higher gas prices. I will argue it is Trump's fault. But let's lay down some background.

First, the United States is more energy independent now than at any time under Trump. Domestic oil production should be up around 850,000 barrels a day by the end of the year. But that hardly replaces the 4 million barrels a day of lost Russian production. 2023 will be a record breaking year for domestic oil production. But he could be higher, and it is Trump's fault, not Biden.

Trump's total inept handling of the Covid crisis devastated our economy and took oil prices into the negative. Yes, for a short period lasting about a week you could actually get paid to take delivery of oil. Trump had openly encouraged all those companies to ramp up production and then, well they were paying people to take their product. Those same companies are very reluctant to make additional investments to expand production. I mean what if the Fed ratches up interest rates to a level initiating a recession, hell there those oil companies are, after making the capital investment to expand production they are looking at declining demand and lower returns on that investment.

There are steps that can be taken to help incentivize those oil companies to take that risk. Raising taxes could be a start. Penalizing, or better yet, withdrawing permits for areas where drilling has been approved by not initiated, is another. Eliminating the export of finished oil products, like diesel, seems to be a no-brainer. But you can bet the Republicans are not going to propose, or even support, jack shit. They don't care how much you have to pay for gasoline. The only thing they care about is winning.
Not a word of that is factual.

Oh wow, now we got the tired old song about printing money. I got news for you, three out of the four new dollars issued over the last two years came under Trump's watch.

And? (while not true as far as numbers, yes Trump contributed to this also as I said there are many responsible. So tell me how my reply is "tired"?

And Biden, for the first time in six years, ayep, since Obama, has reduced the deficit and paid down the national debt. There will be an even greater reduction in the deficit next year and additional payments on the outstanding debt. The Fed is in the process of reducing Quantitative Easing, and will further reduce it going forward. Under Trump, they were buying up debt like drunken sailors.

And? Where did I argue otherwise?

Oh wow, now we got the tired old song about printing money. I got news for you, three out of the four new dollars issued over the last two years came under Trump's watch. And Biden, for the first time in six years, ayep, since Obama, has reduced the deficit and paid down the national debt. There will be an even greater reduction in the deficit next year and additional payments on the outstanding debt. The Fed is in the process of reducing Quantitative Easing, and will further reduce it going forward. Under Trump, they were buying up debt like drunken sailors.
I have this ocean-front property just south of Phoenix for dirt cheap. You want in on this opportunity of a lifetime?

Forum List

Back