Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes

The Dems will dangle extension of tax cuts for all in the lame duck session: Boehner will use it to cut a deal and deal the TP reps "step off" and "next time, support me, or we are going to strip you of all perks here and destroy you in the primaries".

whoohoo, tax tax tax..TAX AWAY

SNIP:

8:41 PM, Nov 7, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here
Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Clearly Biden does not know how our Government works. They are powerless to raise taxes with out the House. So if the people had been giving the Dems a Mandate to raise taxes, don't ya think they would have at least gained a few seats in the house?

lol

Raise taxes and cut spending. Now.

No.

Only when they've drastically cut spending can they then raise taxes. On everyone.

That's how it works, Democrats won the election taking both the presidency and the senate. We're doing things their way. You don't like that agenda, write your congressmen.

That was the attitude of the Obama Administration coming in the door...when Barack Obama basically put his hand up in front of Eric Cantor's face and said "Elections have consequences...we won!" and Rahm Emanual said "Fuck 'em...we've got the votes!" I'm sorry, Sarah but politically, that's idiotic. You've got almost 50% of the country that totally disagrees with your "agenda" but because you've won a close election you're not going to admit that millions of people want to see a reduction in government spending and demand that taxes be raised without addressing entitlement reform?

Those conservatives that were elected in 2010 by people from areas of the country that are NOT liberal are going to fight tooth and nail against the Democratic agenda because that was why they were sent by their constituents to Washington. Anyone sitting in the Oval Office that doesn't "get" that is doomed to four years of gridlock. Pointing fingers and complaining about "obstructionists" misses the point which is you DON'T have a mandate for a liberal agenda...you lost that in the 2010 mid-term elections.

Boehner just said, "no, the TP does not rule here," in effect. If the TP reps fight him, the will face massive opposition in the primaries and caucuses in 2014. The TeeP power is gone.

Nah, mud, some of the right (Hannitty, Boehner, and Rice, among others) are saying what needs to be said and what needs to be done. Boehner will not tolerate a mutiny in the ranks on immigration reform and cuts in the lame duck session. He will reach left he needs for votes.

I still say rather than just booting them off, reinstitute the CCC and the WPA(the way FDR invented the system) and have these people work for their measly benefits....if they have to work anyway, that should provide ample motivation to get off the dole and onto bettering their lives. Plus, the taxpayer gets a return on the investment.

That is fine and dandy, I'm all for helping people, but you don't do it by force. It subverts the entire idea of private property that was the basis for our new government and destroys freedom.

Well, I guess you and I will have to disagree. I think that a Nation takes care of it's people who can't take care of themselves and force those who can and refuse into situations where they'll have to. You still have your private property....but that freedom you speak of isn't free.

So. A nation should take care of its people?? Where does it say that in the Constitution?? The GW clause, which is the one always quoted, says promote not provide.

Jeeze. I always thought people should take care of themselves.

Mentally and physically handicapped get my help but for all other able bodied people?? They can kiss my ass.

I work for what I have and I deeply resent my hardearned money supporting some asshole who can't or won't take care of himself.

If you want to pay their way for them then be my guest. Have at it.

Claudette is a member of the Social Compact, period.

End of discussion.

We do not have the same economy we had when Clinton was in office. The mistake is in believing that somehow raising taxes will create the kind of economy that Clinton had. That's a disastrous mistake. Raising taxes does not create a vibrant economy. Government spending does not create a vibrant economy or Japan would not have had its own disastrous ten years.

No, the mistake is thinking that putting the load of debt reduction solely on the shoulders of the people who are already struggling will fix the economy, while leaving the Conglomerate and it's masters.....who show little to no loyalty to their own country if it doesn't serve them and them alone....free to continue their ways.

BTW, I noticed you only focused on the taxation part of my post and ignored the rest. There will be cuts....there will be revamping of programs....you know it as well as I.

I'm curious, Steel...what cuts to programs for the elderly and the poor was it that Barack Obama supported? I think I missed that. Obama has proposed raising taxes on those making over $250,000 a year and he's given some vague assurances that he'll look at entitlement reform...somewhere down the line...but he's also given assurances that he won't cut anyone's entitlements. He's been in office for four years...can you give me some examples of entitlements that he HAS cut?[/QUOTE

I'm curious as well. Barry has made a point of taxing the rich so that they pay their "fair share." Of course he coveniently forgets that they pay upwards of 60% if the Fed taxes now.

Spending cuts?? I aint holding my breath for that to happen.

He's gonna look into entitlement reform?? Excuse me while I LMAO.

Of course Barry has another four years courtesey of the flamming idiots in America. He can't run again so he doesn't need anyones votes. I wonder if he really will look into entitlement reform and if he pulled it off wouldn't those folks who voted for him be a tad upset??

Ah well. He doesn't need their votes anymore and if they really think he gives a rats ass about them they are all deluded.

He should tax everyone at 99%. FDR wanted to tax people at 100%, so I think 99% is a good number for everyone to pay.

Raise taxes on the top few percent.

The American people spoke as a national body. A majority agreed with the President and VP

A majority didn't even vote. Herp

The majority that vote get to decide. If you don't like it change it or leave.

The American people listened to the President offer up a clear choice on tax policy.

The American people voted for Obama's tax policies over Romney's tax policies,

clear choice

Nah, mud, some of the right (Hannitty, Boehner, and Rice, among others) are saying what needs to be said and what needs to be done. Boehner will not tolerate a mutiny in the ranks on immigration reform and cuts in the lame duck session. He will reach left he needs for votes.

Boehner is gutless.

He was almost invisible during the campaign.

That is fine and dandy, I'm all for helping people, but you don't do it by force. It subverts the entire idea of private property that was the basis for our new government and destroys freedom.

Well, I guess you and I will have to disagree. I think that a Nation takes care of it's people who can't take care of themselves and force those who can and refuse into situations where they'll have to. You still have your private property....but that freedom you speak of isn't free.

So. A nation should take care of its people?? Where does it say that in the Constitution?? The GW clause, which is the one always quoted, says promote not provide.

Jeeze. I always thought people should take care of themselves.

Mentally and physically handicapped get my help but for all other able bodied people?? They can kiss my ass.

I work for what I have and I deeply resent my hardearned money supporting some asshole who can't or won't take care of himself.

If you want to pay their way for them then be my guest. Have at it.

Those who can't (for whatever reason and they will always exist) are the ones who need to be helped. We can do that through government, through charities.

Those who won't need to be shoved off to sink or swim on their own.

He is far more astute than most of us, and he has to build consensus now. He will break the TP's back if it interferes with the compromise.

Boehner is gutless.

He was almost invisible during the campaign.

Raise taxes on the top few percent.

The American people spoke as a national body. A majority agreed with the President and VP

A majority didn't even vote. Herp

The majority that vote get to decide. If you don't like it change it or leave.

The American people listened to the President offer up a clear choice on tax policy.

The American people voted for Obama's tax policies over Romney's tax policies,

clear choice

Thank God for Gridlock

Forum List

Back