Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes

Gridlock is in the past, LL.

And just how do you come to that conclusion when the sheep have opted for the status quo of the past two years instead of a change?

We have the same president, the same dimwitcrap controlled senate and the same repugnantcan controlled house.

Tell me why will anything change?

What's the old hackneyed saying about doing the same thing but expecting different results again?

Raise taxes on the top few percent.

The American people spoke as a national body. A majority agreed with the President and VP

This idea that 50.55% of the people agreeing with you means that you have a "mandate" to ignore the other 49.45% is what got progressives in so much trouble back in 2010, Dante. Think long and hard about the fact that almost 8 million less people voted for Barack Obama this time around. That isn't a "mandate" and anyone who thinks it is...is setting themselves up for a rude awakening.

Look, with the aid of a very compliant main stream media, the Obama campaign was able to make the election about Mitt Romney being an evil rich man who wants to take things from poor people to give to his rich friends and not about Barack Obama's failures at fixing our economy. Great strategy for "winning" but now you have to "govern" and to do that you have to have actual "plans" that will work. The reason that this President is in trouble going forward isn't because he faces opposition...he's in trouble because he didn't have a plan to fix things two years ago and he STILL doesn't have a plan to fix things.

Last edited:
So Obama wins re-election that means to his sheep the rest of us can just go to hell..

I'm sure they felt that way when Bush won his second term..

can't get anymore pathetic, but they do seem to want a dictator

2008 obama got Popular vote: 66,862,039

2012 he got 61,215,102 Popular Votes
What fucking mandate is that when you don't even get the same votes you got back in the last election?

Same mandate as Minority Bush in 2000.
2008 obama got Popular vote: 66,862,039

2012 he got 61,215,102 Popular Votes
What fucking mandate is that when you don't even get the same votes you got back in the last election?

The president has made it quite clear that the GOP House can compromise with him, but part of that is going to be a small tax hike for the $250,000 and above crowd.

The GOP dare not call this bluff this time, because the major recession that would ensue from sequestration and the tax hikes will be laid squarely on the GOP's shoulders.

Obama is clearly signalling to the GOP that if it wants other deals, it is going to have to turn its back on it extremist right once and for all.

Gridlock is in the past, LL.

And just how do you come to that conclusion when the sheep have opted for the status quo of the past two years instead of a change?

We have the same president, the same dimwitcrap controlled senate and the same repugnantcan controlled house.

Tell me why will anything change?

What's the old hackneyed saying about doing the same thing but expecting different results again?

Gridlock is the point of the duopoly. We'd be ruined so fast if every bill the R and D party wanted to pass actually became law.

As many times as you voted for Obama, losah boi. :lol:

How does it feel knowing that the extremist TooStupids like you are getting beat down by the party leaders as the reason for losing?

How does it feel knowing that the extremist TooStupids like you are getting beat down by the party leaders as the reason for losing?

Excuse me? we are going to kick the party leaders to the curb or start a third party. No more rinos

whoohoo, tax tax tax..TAX AWAY

SNIP:

8:41 PM, Nov 7, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here
Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Yes, your beloved rich will soon have to pay taxes as high as they did under Bill Clinton and lower than they did under Reagan. I know you're going to have difficulty dealing with that, but please don't kill yourself. Call a suicide hotline.

We the mainstream GOP and our leaders are kicking the far right wackos who think like you to the curb. You are finished.

Immigration reform.

End of soc con issues as standards to rally around.

A deal on tax hike on the wealthy, a replacement for sequestration, reduction in defense, and reform on SS, Medicare, and Medicaid.

Boehner and the house is reaching to the center as is Obama and the Senate.

You cost us the election, and you are finished.

Excuse me? we are going to kick the party leaders to the curb or start a third party. No more rinos

SNIP:

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here

Yes, your beloved rich will soon have to pay taxes as high as they did under Bill Clinton and lower than they did under Reagan. I know you're going to have difficulty dealing with that, but please don't kill yourself. Call a suicide hotline.

If you want the Bush tax cuts to expire then they should expire for everyone.

After all it's patriotic to pay taxes.

There was no mandate for anything. There was a clear message that very close to half the country intends to do everything they can to continue to stop obama's policies. That is, everything they can legally do. Heaven help us if that half should give up on the legally part.

That's only partly true. There are some shiny new faces in the House and Senate as well - and that has to be considered as part of the mandate too. You might as well face it - we're going to see the taxes on people making more than $250k going up a tad. Don't worry too much about them though, most of them ought to be able to find a way to dodge most of it. They already do.

Now if congress was smart, they'd drop corporate taxes completely and kill the loopholes that allow a person to be a walking corporation, require declaration of offshore funds, and then tax everyone fairly across the board. But it's the protect the plutocracy thing that always sticks in their throats.

SNIP:

all of it here

Protect the Plutocracy. It's the new American Dream.

Protect the Plutocracy. It's the new American Dream.

Let me tell you something there sparky.

A couple making 250 K a year are not "the rich".

You are so ignorant. Top 20% is 150K AGI per year.

Step off.

They are in the top 20%.

So what? And just so you know the top 20% of earners also include those making around 75K a year

The top 20% of earners already pay more than 80% of all income taxes.

Actually it's closer to 100K http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/10/19/what-percent-are-you/\

But that's neither here nor there. Tell me are you for raising taxes on the top 20% of earners since that seems to be your reason for punishing those that make 250K a year?

Forum List

Back