Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    whoohoo, tax tax tax..TAX AWAY

SNIP:

8:41 PM, Nov 7, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here
    Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes | The Weekly Standard

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    There was no mandate for anything. There was a clear message that very close to half the country intends to do everything they can to continue to stop obama's policies. That is, everything they can legally do. Heaven help us if that half should give up on the legally part.

3. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    "there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate"

clear, clear...sort of?

And they worried about Palin taking charge?

4. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    No, what is clear is that the American people want a balanced approach to cutting the debt. one where everyone shares the load. From the wealthy with a *gasp* return to the Clinton tax rates, to the middle class, poor and elderly with cuts and revamping of programs....This has been Obama's platform all along.

He laid it out in the debates....showed a link to look at it in his campaign ads and told Americans to look at his proposals and to look at Romney's.....then make a decision......they did.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    We do not have the same economy we had when Clinton was in office. The mistake is in believing that somehow raising taxes will create the kind of economy that Clinton had. That's a disastrous mistake. Raising taxes does not create a vibrant economy. Government spending does not create a vibrant economy or Japan would not have had its own disastrous ten years.

6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    His plan all along huh? that's why all the people, companies and Unions got waivers from ObamaCare...or those who can't afford it will get HELP from the King Obama...so everyone has that skin in the game...

what a joke

7. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Wrong! The "give me for free" crowd showed up in larger numbers than those who actually care about their country.

8. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,179
    Like raising taxes has worked for California. We're now going to do it nation wide?

What a stupid idea!

9. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,993
    Raise taxes and cut spending. Now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: