Bible as the "word of God".

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Is an insult to God. At least the Higher Power, Creator I believe in.

The Bible is a representation of the spiritual writings, letters, stories, and mythologies of early Mesopotamia.

It contains many powerful and inspiring stories. But it also contains evidence of a brutal and inhuman society that stoned people to death, treated women as property, and owned slaves...

The Old Testament portrays God as a pissy old man wondering around the desert, playing cruel jokes on his people... "kill your son... just kidding!"

We humans are limited in our imaginations, in that we always portray our God's in human form.

The bible is an imperfect collection of early writings, that can all too easily be manipulated to Man's ill-will. The Bible has been used to justify so many awful things, God's word? Hardly.

The Bible is a representation of the spiritual writings, letters, stories, and mythologies of early Mesopotamia.

It contains many powerful and inspiring stories. But it also contains evidence of a brutal and inhuman society that stoned people to death, treated women as property, and owned slaves...

The Old Testament portrays God as a pissy old man wondering around the desert, playing cruel jokes on his people... "kill your son... just kidding!"

We humans are limited in our imaginations, in that we always portray our God's in human form.

The bible is an imperfect collection of early writings, that can all too easily be manipulated to Man's ill-will. The Bible has been used to justify so many awful things, God's word? Hardly.

Please go fuck yourself. I say that as a Spiritually Evolved Being

nut ----without addressing the "God's word" issue----I would say that you do not appreciate very very fine literature. Do you have a similarly low opinion of THE ODYSSEY?--------how about
the Hindu GITA? I consider the bible to be SUBLIME

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, And is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Because it qualifies for all of the conditions listed above, it has to be trustworthy and consistent. It is both.

Christ said every word of the OT was put there by God. So our conundrum is, do we believe Christ, or Hazlnut....

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, And is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Because it qualifies for all of the conditions listed above, it has to be trustworthy and consistent. It is both.

Christ said every word of the OT was put there by God. So our conundrum is, do we believe Christ, or Hazlnut....

sorry----I do not understand the system all that well-----how
does Timothy become Jesus? ----Sorry-------is "inspiration" the
same as DICTATION? It might be nice to read it in the
original language in which it was written

got it----the book of TIMOTHY is just a letter from Paul
to Timothy----Paul never met Jesus

Glad you got it, because God inspired the whole thing. If He hadn't, we'd have 40 different men going in 40 different directions. Instead we have a completely congruent harmonious work of art. Man can't predict the future, all he can do is write prophesy down. That is one of the differences between the author of the Bible, and the scribes who wrote it down. That's how we know who wrote the Bible.

Paul's work is held in high regard by historians. What he wrote is considered trustworthy from their point of view.
Once a Christian killer, SOMETHING happened that changed his life forever on the road to Damascus. Unless you were there, I'm going to stick with Paul's account.
Paul wrote excellent letters, Bible worthy.....

Last edited:
Glad you got it, because God inspired the whole thing. If He hadn't, we'd have 40 different men going in 40 different directions. Instead we have a completely congruent harmonious work of art. Man can't predict the future, all he can do is write the prophesy down. That is one of the differences between the author of the Bible, and the scribes who wrote it down for us. Paul's work is held in high regard by historians. His life was changed forever on the road to Damascus. Unless you were there, I'm going to stick with Paul's account. He wrote excellent letters, Bible worthy.

oh----ok----the council of Nicea did a good job on you-----
Christians even before Nicea ---were not just scattered
guys living in caves-----they got together and designed "gospel".
Even the letters-----were to EACH OTHER. Your comment is
not all that exciting, There is a person----Maimonides----he lived about 900 years ago in spain. My hubby was born in a land in
which MAIMONIDES never set foot-------and which had been
separated from other jews for about 2500 years-----somehow
they did pass letters around (the fact still astounds me)---getting back to Maimonides-----HE WROTE LOTS OF STUFF-----including letters to---that land in which hubby was born------related to doctrine ----etc. Since all the stuff turned out to be CONSISTNT--------does that mean that MAIMONDES talked
to GOD??? (he did talk to salaadin----- but that guy was not
"god") The old time means of communication-----actually must
have worked a lot better than the PONY EXPRESS and the
ZIONIST CONTROLLED MEDIA

I should add------Maimonides would probably not have thought
much of Paul. I like Maimonides for one line >>>>
"MEDICAL SCIENCE AT THIS TIME IS VERY PRIMITIVE"
.... that is CORDOVA-----about 900 years ago-----the GOLDEN AGE OF ISLAMIC BRILLIANCE

Moses destroyed the only known instance of the Word of God, the first set of commandments given at Mt. Sinai. Everything since is the Word of Man.

Moses destroyed the only known instance of the Word of God, the first set of commandments given at Mt. Sinai. Everything since is the Word of Man.

I,, sometimes, throw things when I get angry-------I think
this particular behavior is mediated by the part of limbic lobe
of the brain called the "amygdala" -------throwing things
is not limited to HOMO SAPIEN--------when annoyed-----
monkeys throw their own feces. Blame it all on
*****THE AMYGDALA*****

and whoever created that little mass of gray matter---deep---
uhm----in the temporal lobe. In the excellent news cast
"2001---space odyssey"------it was made clear that the
amygdala was a creation of THE MONOLITH

Things thrown----continue to be a driving force in the
history of MAN----and the universe

*****THE AMYGDALA*****

Remind me of the librarian from opening of "Ghostbusters"

"Are you, Rosie, menstruating right now?"

"What's that got to do with it?"

"Back off man, I'm a scientist." :)

Timothy never becomes Jesus. Timothy was a believer in Christ. Inspiration is not the same as dictation but can influence dictation. In reading in the original language of Hebrew in the Old, and Greek in the New Testament, you'll see a heptadic code that man can't reproduce.

Here it is:
Mathematical Codes Found in The Bible

Those who prayed at Nicene for wisdom and inspiration in choosing what ancient works should be included in book form, and which should not, got the inspiration they prayed for. We know that because Paul told us that in advance of the Council meeting at Nicene, what the inspired scripture could be used for, before it was chosen.
That is not to say that anything that isn't in the Bible isn't valid. If everything was included, the book would be to heavy to pick up. God gave us exactly what we needed for instruction understanding, salvation and wisdom.

*****THE AMYGDALA*****

Dear irosie91
If you mean the EGO, yes, this is part of human nature.

The EGO , the Superego and the Id

The physical, the mental/mind/conscience where the ego and also reason operate,
and the spiritual or collective connection with other people/humanity, the history and future generations.

this is what it means for
man to be made in the image of God

collectively our
body/mind/spirit (id, ego, superego)

is connected from the
* individual level
* to the relationship level with other people
* to the collective level of all global society and humanity as a whole

Christ represents the level of CONSCIENCE
that joins us as individuals in the physical world
to the COLLECTIVE level on an abstract or global level
that God's Kingdom or Will represents -- collective truth or good will for ALL people.

The point of religion is to describe and understand
the LAWS by conscience that join people individually
with the collective responsibility to society and humanity.

so our laws reflect these relationships.

People are mind/body/spirit
and you can see this same pattern in our govt laws
* executive or carrying out the laws in physical actions in the real world (direct physical action)
* legislative or the body of laws we agree to by contracts and conscience (one level removed and more abstract)
* judicial level to interpret the laws based on justice for all on a collective level (highest abstract level for all citizens)

and this is represented in the Holy Trinity
* God or the collective level of TRUTH universal laws of life for all
* Christ or laws by conscience, divine JUSTICE embodied in man on a level we can access
* Holy spirit - harmony in relations, peace on earth, physical manifestation of healing and health restored in the real world
Love of Truth, Love of Justice, Love of Humanity

All people have this by conscience.
the point of agreeing in Christ is to unite in this spirit
to bring wholeness and peace to humanity, starting with ourselves,
making peace in relations with others, and collectively establishing
truth, justice and peace for all humanity on a sustainable basis.

got it----the book of TIMOTHY is just a letter from Paul
to Timothy----Paul never met Jesus

unless of course you believe his conversion where he met the Risen Lord. Which seems likely considering he spent the rest of his life laboring to bring the gospel to people to the point where he was martyred for it.

so you don't think that God wrote the second set of tablets Moses received after the first were destroyed?

Timothy never becomes Jesus. Timothy was a believer in Christ. Inspiration is not the same as dictation but can influence dictation. In reading in the original language of Hebrew in the Old, and Greek in the New Testament, you'll see a heptadic code that man can't reproduce.

Here it is:
Mathematical Codes Found in The Bible

Those who prayed at Nicene for wisdom and inspiration in choosing what ancient works should be included in book form, and which should not, got the inspiration they prayed for. We know that because Paul told us that in advance of the Council meeting at Nicene, what the inspired scripture could be used for, before it was chosen.
That is not to say that anything that isn't in the Bible isn't valid. If everything was included, the book would be to heavy to pick up. God gave us exactly what we needed for instruction understanding, salvation and wisdom.

RAM gematria is a parlor game-----it is not
ROCKET SCIENCE

Me personally? I also believe that God is too large to be contained in any one set of beliefs, one book, or one dogma.

As far as the whole Bible being the actual Word of God? I doubt it.

The only books of the Bible that have any chance of being the actual Word of God are the first 5 books of the Old Testament. The rest of the OT is actually a written history of the Jews. Ask them about it sometime, because after all, the OT is kinda their book.

The New Testament? Even Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have some discrepancies in how they tell the story of Jesus. Granted, the base story is the same, but there are details that they can't seem to agree on, so basically, those writers are just giving their take on how they saw things go down.

The rest of the NT? Mainly a bunch of stories telling mankind how to live with each other.

Do I think that the Bible contains the Word of God? Some of it, but certainly not all of it, because some of the Word of God is contained in other books like the Tao Te Ching and the teachings of Buddha.

God is too large to be contained in just one religion, dogma, belief system or book.

Forum List

Back