Bible as the "word of God".

Glad you got it, because God inspired the whole thing. If He hadn't, we'd have 40 different men going in 40 different directions. Instead we have a completely congruent harmonious work of art. Man can't predict the future, all he can do is write prophesy down. That is one of the differences between the author of the Bible, and the scribes who wrote it down. That's how we know who wrote the Bible.

Paul's work is held in high regard by historians. What he wrote is considered trustworthy from their point of view.
Once a Christian killer, SOMETHING happened that changed his life forever on the road to Damascus. Unless you were there, I'm going to stick with Paul's account.
Paul wrote excellent letters, Bible worthy.....

Congruent? You must not be reading the same bible I have. I suggest you study up on the committee that took a lot of old manuscripts, and through a lot of political maneuvering, politically correct for the time, decided which ones would be included in the KJV. Art? sure .....Poetry? of course......The word of God? even biblical scholars don't believe that.

Is an insult to God. At least the Higher Power, Creator I believe in.

The Bible is a representation of the spiritual writings, letters, stories, and mythologies of early Mesopotamia.

It contains many powerful and inspiring stories. But it also contains evidence of a brutal and inhuman society that stoned people to death, treated women as property, and owned slaves...

The Old Testament portrays God as a pissy old man wondering around the desert, playing cruel jokes on his people... "kill your son... just kidding!"

We humans are limited in our imaginations, in that we always portray our God's in human form.

The bible is an imperfect collection of early writings, that can all too easily be manipulated to Man's ill-will. The Bible has been used to justify so many awful things, God's word? Hardly.

Moses destroyed the only known instance of the Word of God, the first set of commandments given at Mt. Sinai. Everything since is the Word of Man.

so you don't think that God wrote the second set of tablets Moses received after the first were destroyed?

Torah says Moses did, whereas it makes clear God wrote the first. ...Should say I don't believe either account ultimately, but am rather commenting on a text.

And The Word was God.

What if God was born when Monkeys began to think in words and became aware of a voice-over narrative playing out between their ears?

:eusa_think: Could the still-small voice of God just be me thinking in words?​

`

When you think about how much of Islam is based directly on Tanach (the OT in a Bible,) and at least partially on the NT portion (mentioning Jesus more than Mohammed,) dissing the Bible as the word of God doesn't really make much sense.

You just did write like Poe. You put letters together to form words. Now try to write like Matthew. The criteria is listed here. Try one paragraph, and you will realize that man can't write like God.

I have already realized----that you are not very intelligent ----
your thinking is childish in the sense that you get into
what child pyschologists have termed
"magical thinking" --------see Piaget

You just did write like Poe. You put letters together to form words. Now try to write like Matthew. The criteria is listed here. Try one paragraph, and you will realize that man can't write like God.
Your gawds never wrote anything in the bibles.

The Bible is a representation of the spiritual writings, letters, stories, and mythologies of early Mesopotamia.

It contains many powerful and inspiring stories. But it also contains evidence of a brutal and inhuman society that stoned people to death, treated women as property, and owned slaves...

The Old Testament portrays God as a pissy old man wondering around the desert, playing cruel jokes on his people... "kill your son... just kidding!"

We humans are limited in our imaginations, in that we always portray our God's in human form.

The bible is an imperfect collection of early writings, that can all too easily be manipulated to Man's ill-will. The Bible has been used to justify so many awful things, God's word? Hardly.
The higher power you believe in is obviously not God.

Glad you got it, because God inspired the whole thing. If He hadn't, we'd have 40 different men going in 40 different directions. Instead we have a completely congruent harmonious work of art. Man can't predict the future, all he can do is write the prophesy down. That is one of the differences between the author of the Bible, and the scribes who wrote it down for us. Paul's work is held in high regard by historians. His life was changed forever on the road to Damascus. Unless you were there, I'm going to stick with Paul's account. He wrote excellent letters, Bible worthy.

oh----ok----the council of Nicea did a good job on you-----
Christians even before Nicea ---were not just scattered
guys living in caves-----they got together and designed "gospel".
Even the letters-----were to EACH OTHER. Your comment is
not all that exciting, There is a person----Maimonides----he lived about 900 years ago in spain. My hubby was born in a land in
which MAIMONIDES never set foot-------and which had been
separated from other jews for about 2500 years-----somehow
they did pass letters around (the fact still astounds me)---getting back to Maimonides-----HE WROTE LOTS OF STUFF-----including letters to---that land in which hubby was born------related to doctrine ----etc. Since all the stuff turned out to be CONSISTNT--------does that mean that MAIMONDES talked
to GOD??? (he did talk to salaadin----- but that guy was not
"god") The old time means of communication-----actually must
have worked a lot better than the PONY EXPRESS and the
ZIONIST CONTROLLED MEDIA

I should add------Maimonides would probably not have thought
much of Paul. I like Maimonides for one line >>>>
"MEDICAL SCIENCE AT THIS TIME IS VERY PRIMITIVE"
.... that is CORDOVA-----about 900 years ago-----the GOLDEN AGE OF ISLAMIC BRILLIANCE
Jibberish anyone?

Last edited:
The holy book of Liberals.... note dedication page...and they make fun of Christians and Jews!

alinskys-rules-for-radicals.jpg

Suffer the little children to come unto me ~ Jesus

rosie, how rude. I was always considered very quick in school!
Here is magical thinking in 4 dimensions, " No way He just showed up out of nowhere, and disappeared at will!!!!"
Here is scientific thinking in 10 or an infinite # of dimensions, " # 6!!!! "

Here is magical thinking in 4 dimensions, " No way He just showed up out of nowhere, and disappeared at will!!!!"

thanks for the review----I see you got that one right on the SAT's------intelligent children engage in LOTS of magical
thinking when they are four years old----see piaget. ------
simple stuff------Piaget is so important in the deveopement
of child psychology----that he is mentioned even in high
school textbooks------now do you remember?

Then recreate it.

recreate what? I could not recreate the poetry of Edgar Allen Poe--------did your "god" talk to him too? or was it the Absinthe to which he was addicted?

I do believe works of Dickinson, Shakespeare, words in the Constitution
were divinely inspired by the same God. that is what gives them the timeless sense of wisdom
that speaks to past and future generations. they are meant to inspire and be the focus of
sharing for the betterment of humanity. divinely meant to be written for studying and teaching from.

thanks for the review----I see you got that one right on the SAT's------intelligent children engage in LOTS of magical
Dear irosie91
do you agree with the psychological terms of
superego, ego and id
mind body and spirit

is it the spiritual part you disagree with

what do you call the level of life energy that connects people
do you believe in a collective sense of conscience
collective humanity
collective truth

whatever you call the collective level of knowledge and
conscience or connection with "all humanity"

that is the equivalent of the level of God, the Kingdom of God,
or Christ joining people in the spirit of love, truth, justice

Do you believe in people having a social conscience,
a connection by laws of justice?

that is what it means to feel compelled or committed to
follow Christ, to feel commissioned to live by, embrace and embody the
laws by conscience, to be fully responsible for justice yourself

Hi hazlnut thank you for explaining where you are coming from.
I think you are taking the patriarchal phase and OT out of context with the entire message
that leads to RECONCILIATION and REDEMPtION for all these sins even genocides in man's history over time.

the point of Jesus is to restore Justice.

you are right of course the OT and human history is filled with wrongs wars genocides
the Bible even accounts for the killing off of matriarchal tribes to establish the patriarchal lineages

that is why there needed to be a break in this vicious cycle of wars and abuses passed down from
previous generations

Jesus Christ is supposed to bring this atonement, this correction,
to restore the good faith relations and balance between the
male and female
mothers and fathers
husbands and wives
church and state
religious laws and civil laws or God's laws and man's laws
spiritual laws and natural laws

all these things are supposed to be resolved
so peace is restored through justice.

Christ Jesus is the return and fulfillment of restorative justice

so all these wrongs you blame on the corruption and abuses
all those are supposed to be repented of, corrected and resolved in the process

that is why it takes divine forgiveness and correction to heal humanity and the world

so much has gone wrong and unanswered
it will take divine love and grace to break free from these patterns of past destruction and greed for control
and return to natural harmony as people and the world were designed to live

the whole point hazlnut is to return to the original state of peace and perfect
before all this falling out and fighting threw humanity off track

Dear irosie91
superego, ego and id
mind body and spirit

collective humanity
collective truth

what a JOKE you are-----"do you 'believe" in freud's construct-----ego , superego and Id? It is a construct
of a very brilliant mind-----that of Sigmund Freud- If I told
you that lately it is being repudiated by the scientists called
"PSYCHIATRISTS" would you be shocked. Psychiatry as
developed by such geniuses as FREUD,, CHARCOT etc etc is not a RELIGION demanding "BELIEF"-------it is based on theory-----gee you are dim

Dear irosie91
superego, ego and id
mind body and spirit

collective humanity
collective truth

what a JOKE you are-----"do you 'believe" in freud's construct-----ego , superego and Id? It is a construct
of a very brilliant mind-----that of Sigmund Freud- If I told
you that lately it is being repudiated by the scientists called
"PSYCHIATRISTS" would you be shocked. Psychiatry as
developed by such geniuses as FREUD,, CHARCOT etc etc is not a RELIGION demanding "BELIEF"-------it is based on theory-----gee you are dim
Hi irosie
I don't agree with Freud that it's sexual, that was added later to his theories.

I do agree there are Spiritual ties to both parents, psychologically.

Every person I've ever met
Inherited patterns and biases from their parents or past generations they either carried or overcame, including addictive or abusive cycles that pass down:
* communication skills passed down from our mothers side of the family
* perception of authority and control passed down from our fathers side of the family

In short, irosie91, you can read into anyones psychology by looking into their mommy issues or daddy issues to see where they are coming from.

Whatever fears they have will bias their sense of communication, control and change.

This is old wisdom irosie, nothing new. The Bible says to honor our mothers and fathers that our days on earth will be long. Respecting and building from the past does affect our health on all levels - body mind and spirit.

So you are right, a lot of modern psychiatry totally misses the mark and makes money off problems

That is not what I believe in either.

But I'm wise enough to see the common sense that we inherit both good and bad from both parents, and every person on the planet was born of a man and a woman and this influences who we are and how we communicate and relate to others.

I hope you are discerning enough to see this part is true, even if we both agree the majority is junk science for profit. That is very harmful and will have to be overhauled. I'm glad we both agree that garbage is false. But it doesn't take away from the patterns and process that are true: forgiveness that brings healing is the common factor in effective therapy that breaks people out of abusive or addictive patterns repeated from the past. That part is universally true, and I wish more psychiatrists would study this like Scott Peck did when he discovered deliverance really worked and started using it to treat and cure schizophrenic patients to get rid of demonic voices and obsessions that made them sick. That's where I see psychiatry heading, is researching and developing early diagnosis and treatment based on spiritual healing. Thanks irosie, glad you brought this up!

Last edited:
Me personally? I also believe that God is too large to be contained in any one set of beliefs, one book, or one dogma.

As far as the whole Bible being the actual Word of God? I doubt it.

The only books of the Bible that have any chance of being the actual Word of God are the first 5 books of the Old Testament. The rest of the OT is actually a written history of the Jews. Ask them about it sometime, because after all, the OT is kinda their book.

The New Testament? Even Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have some discrepancies in how they tell the story of Jesus. Granted, the base story is the same, but there are details that they can't seem to agree on, so basically, those writers are just giving their take on how they saw things go down.

The rest of the NT? Mainly a bunch of stories telling mankind how to live with each other.

Do I think that the Bible contains the Word of God? Some of it, but certainly not all of it, because some of the Word of God is contained in other books like the Tao Te Ching and the teachings of Buddha.

God is too large to be contained in just one religion, dogma, belief system or book.

10410998_1543003189272586_8870783841877999822_n.jpg

Forum List

Back