BHO going after private citizens for

What "resources at his disposal" has he used that, say, Mitt Romney doesn't have access to?

IRS audits.
Secret Service investigations.

Just off the top of my head, those are two things a sitting president can, and has used in the past, to silence political enemies.

The Obama-Chicago way thinks this is acceptable.

Obama has done neither of those things. Next?

As defined by President Obama, attacking a private citizen, is speaking poorly of them.

ie: Sandra Fluke.

He has done the same in a campaign ad with the Koch brothers.

Oh, and will the FBI be a suitable substitute for the Secret Service investigation?

6 Reasons the Koch Brothers Had a Very Bad Week | Election 2012 | AlterNet

IRS audits.
Secret Service investigations.

Just off the top of my head, those are two things a sitting president can, and has used in the past, to silence political enemies.

The Obama-Chicago way thinks this is acceptable.

As defined by President Obama, attacking a private citizen, is speaking poorly of them.

Oh, and will the FBI be a suitable substitute for the Secret Service investigation?

I don't give a shit about what Obama "defines" as attacking.

Supporting Romney
This bunch really scares me. Using the strength that comes with the office, something GWB would have NEVER done

Here's what happens when the president of the United States publicly targets a private citizen for the crime of supporting his opponent.

Frank VanderSloot is the CEO of Melaleuca Inc. The 63-year-old has run that wellness-products company for 26 years out of tiny Idaho Falls, Idaho. Last August, Mr. VanderSloot gave $1 million to Restore Our Future, the Super PAC that supports Mitt Romney.

Three weeks ago, an Obama campaign website, "Keeping GOP Honest," took the extraordinary step of publicly naming and assailing eight private citizens backing Mr. Romney. Titled "Behind the curtain: a brief history of Romney's donors," the post accused the eight of being "wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records." Mr. VanderSloot was one of the eight, smeared particularly as being "litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement."

Libs why do you support this guy?
Strassel: Trolling for Dirt on the President's List - WSJ.com

With no job creation
Spending to much for the public to support and 2 years wasted when we needed economic focus and not the first step towards the govt taking over totally the health care system
And now attacking American citizens whose only crime is they disagree with him. That is not good

Should I get my violin out now, or should I wait a few? Poor baby, Mr. VanderSloot doesn't like being outed for his major contribution? Awe, now isn't that a shame?

If a small donation is made to a candidate, I have no issue with it, and I would hope that most people could expect to have their names kept private under such circumstances. But when you decide to donate hundreds of thousands or millions to a Super Pac in an effort to sway the outcome of an election you damn well better believe you're going to be outed. I don't care which side you're on, I hate these Super Pacs and those who contribute to them. At no time has it been more obvious that certain individuals are trying to buy an election than when they personally donate massive sums of money to a Super Pac.

So then presumably you have the same problem with Bill Maher, Jeffrey Katzenberg and the SEIU, all million dollar donors to Obama's Super Pac.

Look, the problem with the President's official campaign naming these donors and then going on to describe their "less than reputable records" is the fact that as a sitting president he does have the power to impact both their personal and business lives in a way that a challenger does not. I think it's fine that large donors are "outed", but the President should not put himself in the position that there is an appearance that his enemies will pay the price for their constitutionally-protected free speech rights.

Then you really are just trolling the thread huh?

So, not buying to your bullshit attempt to move the goalposts is "trolling" now?

So, not buying to your bullshit attempt to move the goalposts is "trolling" now?

My post was very straightforward. You want to lie and say what Obama says doesn't matter to you fine. Better be ready to be called on it though. Obama has attacked private citizens and his adminstration has launched investigations.

What "strength that comes with the office" did Obama abuse here?

Legally being Nixonian is not a plus.

Posting publicly available information to take shots at the other candidate on some campaign blog is "Nixonian"?

I was under the impression you were old enough that your lifetime overlapped with the Nixon presidency. But I can't imagine that's true of anyone who thinks Nixon's abuses of power involved or equated to blogging or tweeting public information.

My post was very straightforward. You want to lie and say what Obama says doesn't matter to you fine. Better be ready to be called on it though. Obama has attacked private citizens and his adminstration has launched investigations.

Prove that his administration has launched any investigations based on political views.

Prove that his administration has launched any investigations based on political views.

damn what do you think this damn thread is about?

damn what do you think this damn thread is about?

This thread is about butthurt conservatives whining about Obama being mean to Romney donors, as far as I can tell.

Already gave you an example and link a few posts back.

Already gave you an example and link a few posts back.

No, you linked to a blog that mentioned Americans for Prosperity was being investigated.

That's not "evidence" that Obama's administration has anything to do with it.

Forum List

Back