BHO going after private citizens for

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Supporting Romney
This bunch really scares me. Using the strength that comes with the office, something GWB would have NEVER done

Here's what happens when the president of the United States publicly targets a private citizen for the crime of supporting his opponent.

Frank VanderSloot is the CEO of Melaleuca Inc. The 63-year-old has run that wellness-products company for 26 years out of tiny Idaho Falls, Idaho. Last August, Mr. VanderSloot gave $1 million to Restore Our Future, the Super PAC that supports Mitt Romney.

Three weeks ago, an Obama campaign website, "Keeping GOP Honest," took the extraordinary step of publicly naming and assailing eight private citizens backing Mr. Romney. Titled "Behind the curtain: a brief history of Romney's donors," the post accused the eight of being "wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records." Mr. VanderSloot was one of the eight, smeared particularly as being "litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement."

Libs why do you support this guy?
Strassel: Trolling for Dirt on the President's List - WSJ.com

With no job creation
Spending to much for the public to support and 2 years wasted when we needed economic focus and not the first step towards the govt taking over totally the health care system
And now attacking American citizens whose only crime is they disagree with him. That is not good

Supporting Romney
This bunch really scares me. Using the strength that comes with the office, something GWB would have NEVER done

Here's what happens when the president of the United States publicly targets a private citizen for the crime of supporting his opponent.

Frank VanderSloot is the CEO of Melaleuca Inc. The 63-year-old has run that wellness-products company for 26 years out of tiny Idaho Falls, Idaho. Last August, Mr. VanderSloot gave $1 million to Restore Our Future, the Super PAC that supports Mitt Romney.

Three weeks ago, an Obama campaign website, "Keeping GOP Honest," took the extraordinary step of publicly naming and assailing eight private citizens backing Mr. Romney. Titled "Behind the curtain: a brief history of Romney's donors," the post accused the eight of being "wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records." Mr. VanderSloot was one of the eight, smeared particularly as being "litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement."

Libs why do you support this guy?
Strassel: Trolling for Dirt on the President's List - WSJ.com

With no job creation
Spending to much for the public to support and 2 years wasted when we needed economic focus and not the first step towards the govt taking over totally the health care system
And now attacking American citizens whose only crime is they disagree with him. That is not good

Should I get my violin out now, or should I wait a few? Poor baby, Mr. VanderSloot doesn't like being outed for his major contribution? Awe, now isn't that a shame?

If a small donation is made to a candidate, I have no issue with it, and I would hope that most people could expect to have their names kept private under such circumstances. But when you decide to donate hundreds of thousands or millions to a Super Pac in an effort to sway the outcome of an election you damn well better believe you're going to be outed. I don't care which side you're on, I hate these Super Pacs and those who contribute to them. At no time has it been more obvious that certain individuals are trying to buy an election than when they personally donate massive sums of money to a Super Pac.

I saw Obama walking in Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fuchs
Was gonna get a bowl of beef chow mein

I saw Obama walking in Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fuchs
Was gonna get a bowl of beef chow mein

Oh yeah? Well, Were was the thunder, MFer? Where was the thunder?????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVsTeUxqWDA&feature=related]Werewolves of London - YouTube[/ame]

RIP

What "strength that comes with the office" did Obama abuse here?

Using resources at his disposal for personal gain.

What "resources at his disposal" has he used that, say, Mitt Romney doesn't have access to?

IRS audits.
Secret Service investigations.

Just off the top of my head, those are two things a sitting president can, and has used in the past, to silence political enemies.

The Obama-Chicago way thinks this is acceptable.

What "resources at his disposal" has he used that, say, Mitt Romney doesn't have access to?

IRS audits.

Just off the top of my head, those are two things a sitting president can, and has used in the past, to silence political enemies.

Obama has done neither of those things. Next?

IRS audits.

When several or all of the eight and/or other donors to the SuperPac end up getting audit notices and/or end up on the no-fly list, I will be concerned about this part of the issue.

In the meantime, although I think naming people in such a case kind of sucks especially knowing that there are the George Soros' of the world out there that are doing the same to benefit him, is a piss poor thing to do, I don't believe it is illegal to do. They put themselves out into the political ring. They should have realized this could happen.

Immie

I think a President who uses Homeland Security branches to proffer political propaganda should be demoted to out on election day.

The IRS waited until this year to demand extra illegal information from non profit organizations associated with the right. They did so just days before the deadline. Congress has demanded an explanation.

I think a President who uses Homeland Security branches to proffer political propaganda should be demoted to out on election day.

Do you have proof that he has done so?

Are the names and lists of donors to SuperPacs not available to the general public? I don't know the answer to that. I've never even considered it. If these names are, as they should be, public record all he has done is attempt to make the rest of America aware of who is donating to Mitt Romney's campaign. Hell, that might even encourage some voters to vote for Romney!

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back