Better watch out, better not cry....

I know that it's required that you guys hate anything the government does, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is about incandescent bulbs that you guys care so much about.

What possible reason could you have to "stockpile" incandescent bulbs, other than petulance?

their spectrum is more natural for the human eye and causes less headaches and eye problems.

plus they are simply BRIGHTER

Neither of those things are universally true.

No they aren't. However, some people are sensitive to fluorescent light. It gives them eye irritations and some are prone to migraine headaches.

I know that it's required that you guys hate anything the government does, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is about incandescent bulbs that you guys care so much about.

What possible reason could you have to "stockpile" incandescent bulbs, other than petulance?
I am just doing it because I hate the government. True story. :)
I somehow got on my utility's mailing list for free CFL bulbs. One postcard comes to the office, the other to our house. Each year they mail me a dozen free CFL's or if I choose, 3 CFL's and 3 LED's.

For freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yep same here...I only did it because they were free lightbulbs. I didn't care what kind lol...

Like I said, petulance. At least you're honest about it.

I can't for the life of me figure out whay you care so much about how other people feel about incandescent light bulbs.

Have you suffered from such obsessions before? Or is this the first time for you?

You realize this is a political message board, right?

Asking people to defend their ridiculous opinions is the whole point.
No...You want people to answer to you as to why they don't trust government because you think government is sacrosanct.

It's usually a good sign that your argument is full of shit when you base it on your claims of what I "really" think.

It doesn't work that way.

You're right. It doesn't work that way. I'm sure that I have much less respect for "government" than you do.

You don't get to form the narrative then question the opinions of others based on the narrative you created.
And before you shoot back with "what narrative"...Go back to your first post in the thread and you'll notice a conclusion in that post. The one about hating everything government does...THAT is forming a narrative.

You've mistaken a throwaway premise for my conclusion.

Now, what is it you want to know?

The same thing I asked in the first post.

Gee, you really walked into that right cross.
BTW, you never answered my question..
Reminder...Why would anyone trust a government that screws up what it does 100% of the time?

You realize this is a political message board, right?

Asking people to defend their ridiculous opinions is the whole point.
No...You want people to answer to you as to why they don't trust government because you think government is sacrosanct.

It's usually a good sign that your argument is full of shit when you base it on your claims of what I "really" think.

You're right. It doesn't work that way. I'm sure that I have much less respect for "government" than you do.

You don't get to form the narrative then question the opinions of others based on the narrative you created.
And before you shoot back with "what narrative"...Go back to your first post in the thread and you'll notice a conclusion in that post. The one about hating everything government does...THAT is forming a narrative.

So which government policies and procedures do you not agree with?
Oh....The narrative you projected was a "throwaway"? Please.
Amazing what flaming hoops you libs will leap through when you get called on your agenda.

Petulance...Yeah....
With you lefties it's "you will comply"..
Hey genius, this country was founded on distrust of government. Hence, the reason why the US Constitution is a limiting document.

Amazing what flaming hoops you libs will leap through when you get called on your agenda.

Any "agenda" or "narrative" that you think you see in my posts exists only in your head, and has no basis in reality.

Any "agenda" or "narrative" that you think you see in my posts exists only in your head, and has no basis in reality.

That's a comment from a person who KNOWS they are so busted.

That's a comment from a person who KNOWS they are so busted.

:lol:

Your persecution complex is amusing to me.

LED lighting is the hands down better alternative to the squiggly crap.. But that didn't stop the Govt from wasting people's time and money to design, manufacture and buy the CFL junk.. In fact -- the GOVT is partly responsible for the backlash BECAUSE CFLs were such a poor alternative. They instituted the BAN before the market HAD a viable alternative. Just like they now want to shutter the coal industry BEFORE there is capacity of anything else to replace it..

Got to tell ya.. The incandescent bulb got a bad rap.. It was 100% efficient during the 4 or 5 months a year when you home HVAC was set to heat. Not only that --- but there was NOTHING in the base except air. And LED bulb has a rather complex power supply in every bulb. LOTS to go wrong over time.. ESPECIALLY in applications where ventilation and recessed spaces cause them to heat up the electronics..

If the new bulbs are so great then the market will phase out the old ones on its own.
Left to market, those LED bulbs would have never been developed.

That's absolute bullshit.. They WOULD have been developed in the same very time frame. Because their initial MARKET SHOULD HAVE been industrial lighting and street lighting where costs could be justified. This EDICT --- GAVE the manufacturers the consumer market on a plate.

In fact --- we probably screwed ourselves GREATLY by this heavy -handed meddling. Had the technology REMAINED mostly industrial customers for awhile-- the US would have stood a chance at RETAINING some of the manufacturing HERE in the USA.. Maybe developing the automation NECCESSARY to breech the consumer market..

But because of the volume tsunami of foisting this on the consumer market all at once --- It's all gone to Asia -- and probably for good.

Last edited:
:lol:

Your persecution complex is amusing to me.

That confirms it right there...

Confirms what?

That you've created an imaginary "agenda" that you assign to anyone who disagrees with you, allowing you to imagine yourself as a righteous hero fighting the good fight against an evil "agenda" dedicated to persecuting you?

I created nothing. You did.
Would you like me to repost your statements?
I don't think so...
We're done.

If the new bulbs are so great then the market will phase out the old ones on its own.
Left to the market, those LED bulbs would have never been developed.

That is the cynical lib viewpoint.
Hey genius. LED lighting has been around for 40 years.
Until recently, production for room and area lighting has been cost prohibitive.
Of course on planet liberal, the agenda supersedes the practical. So the typical liberal need for instant gratification, the agenda is rammed down the throats of the marketplace.
An example of this is the arrogance in outlawing incandescent lighting.
And other example is Obama's war on fossil fuels. A war he is losing big time because he can only stop exploration/production on federal lands.
This president has it in his head that his sol called "green initiative' can be enacted NOW without any consideration for the affects it has on the marketplace, affordability or practical use of his agenda. Bottom line is Obama tried to use government subsidies and giveaways to most favored companies that bought into his silly ideas. Billions of dollars later, many of these firms have gone out of business. For that matter, Bush 43's idea that we could "grow" fuels for vehicles was every bit as dumb. Ethanol is crap. Nobody wants it. And even now the EPA is going to end the 10% Ethanol blend rule.
Returning to the ban on incandescent bulbs. This is nothing more than a political agenda.
Obama wanted to take care of his political friends. Like GE. Solyndra, etc. Yes this thing started during the Bush 43 admin, but democrats controlled the Congress. They sweetened the pot, gave Bush things he wanted in the bill and away we go...
This CFL thing will eventually become a FAIL....
LED's are coming to market. And there is nothing you libbies can do about it.
I will never buy those stupid things because they are a waste of money.

Forum List

Back