Beto Admits Non-Compliant AR-15 Owners Would Receive a ‘Visit from a Law-Enforcement Officer’

- How do you know who has an 'assault weapon'?
someone close to us or a friend turns you in otherwise the State isn't going door to door. They would first check records and if it not registered then you will be visited

- How do you know someone did not sell back their 'assault weapon'

either you have the weapon or you don't. If you don't what the wolf
if you do then register it

- How do you know which houses to send law enforcement?

See the first one as it is a repeat question

- How many FBI / ATF agents do you think will be necessary to force compliance with the ban?

who knows but hey it a job which will increase employment

- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice to force compliance with the ban?

There is no sacrifice except for the person who believes it best to shoot it out versus using legal means. Such believes indicate that such a person should not own a weapon because obvious they believe that they are willing to kill in order to keep their weapon. Still they will come in force
I am sure there are maybe one or two but most will choose the legal means.

My Turn

How many innocent people should die due to a John Wayne mentality?

Ps - he was just an actor

Its a fun what if but

Still its all hypothetical and I think Beto is a politician but holds no office at this time.

So you're saying we need to send the police to every home in the nation for a search?

LOL....it would be a bloodbath and the local authorities know it.
Especially in states that give a shit about our Constitution.
Ad the fact that most Police forces in the south wont take weapons from law abiding citizens.
Weapon confiscation is a liberal pipe dream.

someone close to us or a friend turns you in otherwise the State isn't going door to door. They would first check records and if it not registered then you will be visited

misinterpretation probably will get people shot

what part of the following did I say to send police to every home or is it just what you believe

You idiot, only a few commies States require registration. I'd never live in a State that does.

- How many FBI / ATF agents do you think will be necessary to force compliance with the ban?

- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice to force compliance with the ban?

There is no sacrifice except for the person who believes it best to shoot it out versus using legal means. Such believes indicate that such a person should not own a weapon because obvious they believe that they are willing to kill in order to keep their weapon. Still they will come in force

My Turn

Its a fun what if but

Still its all hypothetical and I think Beto is a politician but holds no office at this time.

I've asked this of another poster, only got deflections.

How many AR15s are in the hands of civilians?

who knows as the name belongs to colt but other manufacturers make similar weapons under a different name

The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates there are now about 16 million AR-15s or similar models in the hands of American civilians.

This is there estimation but sales indicate that they are a lot. as Colt stop making them because of the number of these weapons on the market for sale to civilians. Also the similar guns made by other manufactures attest to their popularity

It is said that it is a highly competitive
market.

Sells in the US and world wide indicated that they are popular

primary arms web site says that the The AR-15 is the most popular sporting rifle in America

The trade group (NSSF) for the firearms industry says that AR-15-style rifles and their competitors are among the most common in the country.

Colt has suspend production of AR 15 rifle for civilian sales, saying there's an "adequate supply" of the high-powered weapons already in the market, the famed gun manufacturer said Thursday

So the production numbers are high and the sales are high. The total number who knows

How many times has an AR15 been used to murder, over the last 40 years or so?

why limited to specifically AR 15 when other manufactures make a similar weapon

Adam Lanza stormed Sandy Hook Elementary with a Bushmaster AR-15, laying down more than 150 rounds in less than five minutes and slaughtering 20 first-graders

James Holmes wielded a Smith & Wesson “Military & Police” (M&P) AR-15 fitted with a 100-round drum magazine in his siege of a movie theater that killed 12 and wounded 58.

The San Bernardino, California, shooters carried a pair of AR-15s in their ISIS-inspired rampage that left 14 dead

so if your point is that the number is low then it is low as obvious other weapons may be used in shootings.

Handguns seem to be the preferred method according to statistics

Still people died and how is a number put on that

The number of people killed in such a short span of time and the effect of the weapon which has been described as

Compare the damage an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun can do to the human body: “One looks like a grenade went off in there,” says Peter Rhee, a trauma surgeon at the University of Arizona. “The other looks like a bad knife cut.”

Compare the damage an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun can do to the human body: “One looks like a grenade went off in there,” says Peter Rhee, a trauma surgeon at the University of Arizona. “The other looks like a bad knife cut.”

Dead is dead.

Seung Hui Cho killed 32 using 2 handguns at Va Tech.

Dylan Roof killed 9 using a handgun.

10s of thousands are killed annually using handguns.

annually, AR15s, and clones, kill a couple dozen.

But, the big scary 'military' style rifle is the one targeted.

The AR15 is based on a military weapon?

WHICH firearm isn't?

Actually the M16 is based on a civilian weapon, the AR was being sold to civilians a full 5 years before the military generally adopted an upgraded, select fire version.

My Turn

Its a fun what if but

So you're saying we need to send the police to every home in the nation for a search?

Ad the fact that most Police forces in the south wont take weapons from law abiding citizens.

what part of the following did I say to send police to every home or is it just what you believe
Ha ha, you fascist bastards say you cant round up 20 million illegals but you can round up 300 million guns. Come get them.

My Turn

Its a fun what if but

Ha ha, you fascist bastards say you cant round up 20 million illegals but you can round up 300 million guns. Come get them.
/——-/ Because illegals vote democRAT, guns refuse to register.

“What’s the next step for the federal government there?” Joe Scarborough asked O’Rourke on MSNBC, giving the example of a “rancher in Texas” who refuses to give up his AR-15.

“I think just as in any law that is not followed or flagrantly abused there have to be consequences or else there is no respect for the law,” O’Rourke responded. “So in that case I think there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm and make sure that it is purchased, bought back, so that it cannot be potentially used against somebody else.”
Beto Admits Non-Compliant AR-15 Owners Would Receive a 'Visit From a Law enforcement Officer' Under His Plan | National Review

First, let's dismiss the idea that anti-gun loons in general disagree with Beto about banning and confiscating 'assault weapons' - if you support banning 'assault weapons' but not confiscating them you support a restriction on the rights of the law abiding for no purpose whatever, as criminals and mass shooter will still have access to 'assault weapons' currently in private hahands.

So, obvious questions to the 'ban assault weapons' crowd:
- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice t force compliance with the ban?

National Registry/mandatory insurance with heavy fines/prison time for those caught out of compliance. Not an overnight fix but will certainly weed out most in the years to come.
No,no, fuck no. You people have a comprehension problem. Shall not be infringed is specific.

So is Well-Regulated.
The individuals right to own firearms was confirmed by the subsequent writings of the founding Fathers.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

Forum List

Back