Best wide receiver in football Antionio Brown to be traded by Friday

1000 yds 16.8 yd avg per catch...terrible ...nobody would want that

The simple fact is Brown has been an elite receiver on the field the past 3 years before this trade. Moss was not.

Brown is 1st in TDS, 2nd in receptions and yards the past 3 years. That's elite production. Moss wasn't even cracking the top 50 in some of those things his three years.

Pats were not trading for prime producing Moss. They were getting a heck of a deal based on his major slide. That isn't the same as this
Ranked 9th last yr...oooops

Yup. Moss ranked 20th and 73rd. Brown ranked 1st and 9th.

Seems about the same lol
again put him on a losing team with no name QB,,,,,Wouldn't touch Mosses stats

Maybe in your fantasy world he wouldn't. Maybe he would.

I'll be the first to say he's no moss. But to say "Moss was producing" those years before the trade is a joke

But the fact still remains Moss was not producing at an elite level the three years before the pats traded for him. Which is why even with reducing his salary to 1/7th of what it was it only tooka 4th round pick to get him. Brown has been producing at an elite level lately. Two completely different scenarios.

Wonder why Antonio isn't generating much interest for being so elite and all

Wrong side of 30. MAJOR issues in the locker room. Highest contract in NFL history for a WR, and hitting the biggest cap hit years. And haven't heard a word that he would want to go down. The thought that WRs dont really drive team wins and losses like some other position

Wrong side of 30. MAJOR issues in the locker room. Highest contract in NFL history for a WR, and hitting the biggest cap hit years. And haven't heard a word that he would want to go down. The thought that WRs dont really drive team wins and losses like some other position
So he's a reclamation project eh

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Moss is bad, he's one of my favorite players. I'm not saying Brown is better. Both of those are dumb statements.

I'm saying back in 2006 Moss was being viewed as a declining receiver on the field and was no longer producing at an elite level.

The Patriots were taking a flier on Moss with hopes he could return to form. That's not what a team will be doing with brown. They will be expecting his recent production

1000 yds 16.8 yd avg per catch...terrible ...nobody would want that

The simple fact is Brown has been an elite receiver on the field the past 3 years before this trade. Moss was not.

Brown is 1st in TDS, 2nd in receptions and yards the past 3 years. That's elite production. Moss wasn't even cracking the top 50 in some of those things his three years.

Pats were not trading for prime producing Moss. They were getting a heck of a deal based on his major slide. That isn't the same as this

Seems about the same lol

I'll be the first to say he's no moss. But to say "Moss was producing" those years before the trade is a joke

But the fact still remains Moss was not producing at an elite level the three years before the pats traded for him. Which is why even with reducing his salary to 1/7th of what it was it only tooka 4th round pick to get him. Brown has been producing at an elite level lately. Two completely different scenarios.
Joke is on you for trying the old apples and oranges...,,,,hope Antonio gets reclamated…..

So he's a reclamation project eh

Nope. The hope with Moss was he could return to past form and they'd have him on that little contract on the cheap.

With Brown you arent trying to reclaim his past glory on the field. Just that he can continue being elite there and be worth that massive deal.

See the difference there.

If brown puts up a year like last year production wise... Leading league in TDs and top 10 yards... You are doing. Ok. You wanted to RECLAIM past performances with Moss, not get another season outside the top 50.

Seems about the same lol

Joke is on you for trying the old apples and oranges...,,,,hope Antonio gets reclamated…..

Apples to oranges would be like saying Moss in the few years before his trade was similar to brown the last few years when talking production.

But yeah you tried saying that.

By reclamation I mean get a low risk player who has the potential to RETURN to great play. Not a guy already playing at an elite level.

Getting moss at 1/7th of his deal, and hoping to turn his career on and off the field back around. Getting haynesworth to chop his deal and give him a shot. Guys struggling with past talent like Ocho, Dillon and Moss. Taking shots on Van Noy, Cooper, McClellin, Mingo, tebow and guys "busting" they think they can turn around.

I just dont see that with Brown. No talks of him taking ANY pay cut much less the drastic kind that others have had to take to get there. He's not coming off a down period of his career. Pats aren't getting him on the cheap, to turn around his production.

Ones had a quality QB and winning team ..,,one hasn't...any honest person knows that's gonna impact your stats no more how good you are

Ones had a quality QB and winning team ..,,one hasn't...any honest person knows that's gonna impact your stats no more how good you are

Yes to a point.

DeAndre Hopkins looks great with Watson. He also looked great with Weeden. And Hoyer. And Mallet. And even Yates. He was a 1500 yard receiver with garbage QBs and great ones.

But Moss was struggling out playing other meh receivers on his team. I mean moss had what? Half the production Galloway had with Gradkowski/Simms/Rattay as his QB that last year?

Or when talking elites rice. Sure he had Montana and young. But with Moroski and Kemp he was dominant too.

Sure Fitz would do better with better QBs. But he was still a 1000 yard guy with Skelton and Hall and Anderson and Leinart.

The fall off was more than QB for Moss.

Maybe brown can't keep up the 100 yard game pace he has with Landry Jones long term. Maybe

Last edited:

Yes to a point.

DeAndre Hopkins looks great with Watson. He also looked great with Weeden. And Hoyer. And Mallet. And even Yates. He was a 1500 yard receiver with garbage QBs and great ones.

But Moss was struggling out playing other meh receivers on his team. I mean moss had what? Half the production Galloway had with Gradkowski/Simms/Rattay as his QB that last year?

Or when talking elites rice. Sure he had Montana and young. But with Moroski and Kemp he was dominant too.

Sure Fitz would do better with better QBs. But he was still a 1000 yard guy with Skelton and Hall and Anderson and Leinart.

Maybe brown can't keep up the 100 yard game pace he has with Landry Jones long term. Maybe
Antonio has TO syndrome...seeyabye

Yes to a point.

He might . He might not. I think he runs good routes across the whole route tree and gains separation as well as anyone which would go a long way to helping any qb.

Not a fan of him and at that price even with his talent, considering his locker room stuff I don't think I'd want him, much less give up something to get him.

Yes to a point.

He might . He might not. I think he runs good routes across the whole route tree and gains separation as well as anyone which would go a long way to helping any qb.

Not a fan of him and at that price even with his talent, considering his locker room stuff I don't think I'd want him, much less give up something to get him.

I find myself hoping the 49ers don't make a push for Brown. His age, contract, and off-field issues seem like more trouble than they are worth. Maybe if they can get him for little in the way of compensation to the Steelers it would be a worthwhile move; the 49ers have a lot of cap space for a year or two of Brown's contract, giving some young receivers a chance to improve playing with one of the best. I don't want to see the 49ers give up a 1st, or even a 2nd, to get him, though.

Oh, and I almost forgot: I really dislike Brown's blonde-dyed mustache. LOL

He is off to the Oakland Raiders, for a 3rd & 5th round pick. I hope Gruden, Carr and Brown can get along. At least we didn’t give up a 1st round pick.

This was a game changer by the Raiders. Getting AB for a 3 and a 5 is huge.
They’ll need to score 60 a game but with AB maybe they can. LOL

Wow raiders got him for dirt cheap

That was surprisingly little in the way of compensation for Brown. It sounds too good to be true for the Raiders...does that mean it is? Is AB that big a locker-room cancer, making the Steelers willing to get rid of him for just a 3rd and 5th, even though he's counting something like $20 million against their cap?

I feel as if this will either be a great move for the Raiders or a horrible one.

The Raiders traded:
Mack,
Cooper,
2019 3rd round pick,
2019 5th round pick,
2020 2nd round pick and a
2020 6th round Pick

The Raiders received:
Brown,
two 2019 1st round picks,
a first round pick in 2020,
a 2020 2nd and 5th round pick.

For once my team seem to have done well. No let’s hope they don’t screw it up as they always seem to do.

The Raiders traded:
Mack,
Cooper,
2019 3rd round pick,
2019 5th round pick,
2020 2nd round pick and a
2020 6th round Pick

The Raiders received:
Brown,
two 2019 1st round picks,
a first round pick in 2020,
a 2020 2nd and 5th round pick.

For once my team seem to have done well. No let’s hope they don’t screw it up as they always seem to do.

Let’s see what they do with their first round picks. Mack is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and Cooper has lit it up as a member of the cowboys.

Forum List

Back