RIP King Kong Bundy

Aged 61, he was the former number one contender for the WWF Heavyweight championship, losing to Hulk Hogan in a steel cage in 1986 at Wrestlemania 2.

WWE legend King Kong Bundy dies at 61

Wow, only 61. He wasn't exactly "Good-Bodied", though.

O wow..

"He was 6-foot-4 and weighed 458 pounds." :eek:

Time to exercise!

The biggest wrestler I ever saw in person was Haystacks Calhoun, from Morgans Corner, Arkansas who weighed over 600. Mr. Calhoun died at a young age as well

Owait, somebody thought wrestling was real? :eek:

:auiqs.jpg:

Dude, me and a friend used to do it at the store for laughs! Bodyslam, Piledriver, chest slaps, Atomic Elbow, oh yeah! We'd do it! Never got hurt doing it on tile. (Pure luck)

Could somebody please explain the appeal of this "sport" to me?
I remember in the 1960's there was weekly TV wrestling shows on UHF with Bruno Samartino and Gorilla Monsoon and many others. Every weekend we would watch them. There were monthly Wrestling magazines. Wrestling was local by region then. It was always good versus bad. Or baby face versus heel. There was verbal spouts by the wrestlers then, but very minimal like you see today by the wrestlers. Matches were longer and slower in action. Today it is much more verbal and higher action short matches.

it appeals to gays for obvious reasons!

There have been any number of prominent Homosexual wrestlers over the years. Guys like Goldust and the Adorable Adrian Adonis are proud gay beaus prancing through the WWF and antagonizing straight wrestlers. A lot of guys to appeal to different ethnic as well have done a lot to make wrestling a diverse sport.

In Detroit it was Leapin Larry Chene, La Bestia the Beast, Dick the Bruiser, Bobo Brazil, Sweet Daddy Siki.......Some of the matches were in Saginaw and when they didn't have a full house, they put a painted mural of fans cheering behind the ring.....hilarious. :lol: I saw former heavyweight boxing champ Primo Carnera once at the state fairgrounds after he quit boxing and tried his hand at wrestling....HUGE dude, scary as all hell but not a very good wrestler....they had to keep reminding him not to forget and clobber his opponent.

Correction: apparently Carnera was a pretty good wrestler...at one point he was 119-1. He was old when I saw him walking in from a trailer behind the grandstands to the ring....I didn't see him wrestle.

Last edited:

it appeals to gays for obvious reasons!

There have been any number of prominent Homosexual wrestlers over the years. Guys like Goldust and the Adorable Adrian Adonis are proud gay beaus prancing through the WWF and antagonizing straight wrestlers. A lot of guys to appeal to different ethnic as well have done a lot to make wrestling a diverse sport.

‘Professional Wrestling ‘ is not a sport.

Forum List

Back