Best war movie ever

"Ryan" pretty much summed up war about as well as a film could. Sitting still during the beach assault was damn difficult; thought sure a tracer would get me even hiding behind the person in the seat in front of me!

Battle of Britain - Spectacular scenes , no mock heroics and Susannah York in her underwear.

Not even close. Fair movie but marred by a poor script, and horrendous because they blew up an original World War One era hangar during the production.
So...did you come in here to answer the topic question, or...?

Didn't you use to be a moderator? Stay on topic, bro.

Yeah, I used to be. And I DID address the op.

Unlike little troll you.

Beyond your idiocy, The Winter War is the best I have seen.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yes_text12:

Saving Private Ryan

Yes. In my book, Saving Private Ryan is the best ever. Other favorites: Schindler's List, Hacksaw Ridge, Patton, The Dirty Dozen, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Inglorious Bastards, The Big Red One, We Were Soldiers, Apocalypse Now. The HBO miniseries Band of Brothers is great . . . though doesn't count as a feature film.

Last edited:

Battle of Britain - Spectacular scenes , no mock heroics and Susannah York in her underwear.

Not even close. Fair movie but marred by a poor script, and horrendous because they blew up an original World War One era hangar during the production.

Yeah, I used to be. And I DID address the op.

Unlike little troll you.

Beyond your idiocy, The Winter War is the best I have seen.
I think Tora Tora Tora is up with the best, or at least most accurate. BOB had great aerial photography, Saving Private Ryan was a great story with a really good ensemble cast
Yeah I agree,couple others I got to line up as the best and I am shocked they have not been mentioned yet is full metal jacket,platoon and glory.

Braveheart was a tremendous war flick, no doubt about it. How about The Return of the King. All kinds of warfare as the Liberal Army of Orcs battles an alliance of the willing.

What? He did answer it. You're just clueless, as usual.

Prisoner of Paradise is an interesting WW2 documentary starring John C. Holmes as a GI who washes ashore on a South Pacific island controlled by the Nazis and he's incarcerated by a German officer and cruel dominitrix played by Seka.

The "best war movie" is the one that was never made.

War is the ultimate human failure. None of them need glorifying.
True, still.. Dr. Strangelove.
GREAT choice.

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" <--- one of my favorite lines about the military-industrial complex :D
:D So many others. Just the fact that Slim Pickens never knew it was supposed to be satire. Hilarious!

Forum List

Back