Best war movie ever

The "best war movie" is the one that was never made.

War is the ultimate human failure. None of them need glorifying.
Camouflaging war and hiding it doesn't help....let the people see it....

Accurate depictions of war serves as valuable education

Yes it does. That's what history books are good for.
But since the thread is about war movies, when Hollyweird gets around to "accurate depictions" (of anything), please notify my descendants.

But since the thread is about war movies, when Hollyweird gets around to "accurate depictions" (of anything), please notify my descendants.
But the left are burning all of our history books....

But the left are burning all of our history books....

WAY too easy but we'll do it anyway.

--------------------------- link?

And mind where you go with this ----- keep in mind the operative phrase used was "accurate depictions".

I’m not saying movies are a substitute for books, but there have been a few movies that have accurately portrayed what was war like according to people who fought in them.

Gives you a true feeling for what life must have been like on a WW2 U boat..Excellent Movie
DAS BOOT -A German submarine patrols the Atlantic Ocean during World War II, manned by a crew that must contend with tense conflicts and long stretches of confined boredom.

"Ryan" pretty much summed up war about as well as a film could. Sitting still during the beach assault was damn difficult; thought sure a tracer would get me even hiding behind the person in the seat in front of me!
Ryan was just too real. After seeing it I had to sit by myself for several hours to deal with it. I prefer my war movies to be less real thank you.

"Ryan" pretty much summed up war about as well as a film could. Sitting still during the beach assault was damn difficult; thought sure a tracer would get me even hiding behind the person in the seat in front of me!
Ryan was just too real. After seeing it I had to sit by myself for several hours to deal with it. I prefer my war movies to be less real thank you.
The first fifteen minutes were reasonably realistic....The rest of it was just plain implausible crap.

That is why it is the sort of film kids like I was should see rather than the sanitized, hero-worshipping tripe I watched. War should be absolutely the last thing a young man should want to participate in. "The Thin Red Line" and "Ryan" put war in its place.

Forum List

Back