Best Sandwich I ever ate.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
A friend recommended a fancy bistro in Sandestin FL.

20221005_133938.jpg

Behold, the Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Fried Oyster with Brie. AMAZING!

Pretty sure the best sandwich I've ever had was the pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli in New York City. Each sandwich was packed with one pound of the best pastrami this side of anywhere. It was one of those sandwiches that, once you pick it up, you can't put it down, lest it completely fall apart on you.

Growing up, we used to go there all the time. Sadly, though, they were closing their doors in 2016, so we made the trip up from Florida for one last go-round.

It was $20, and so totally worth it:

ny04a.jpg

ny05a.jpg

Hmmmmm, best sandwich is probably the pastrami from Langer's deli in Hell A.

Sadly they close at 4 or 5 pm because it is too dangerous after dark.

ohhh....so hungry now...I need a grilled cheese big ,big sandwich, dripping with grilled good quality cheese...hmmmm.

...so delish.....that's all I need now!:tongue: ohhh

1665544794860.png

ohhh....so hungry now...I need a grilled cheese big ,big sandwich, dripping with grilled good quality cheese...hmmmm.

...so delish.....that's all I need now!:tongue: ohhh

View attachment 708903

When you make your grilled cheese, do it in a nonstick pan. Then add just a dusting of grated cheese to the outside. While it is frying, sprinkle a little cheese on top. It can be tricky to get it when you flip it. But worth it.

You know the crispy cheese on a pizza crust? Now you have that on the outside of a grilled cheese.

Hmmmmm, best sandwich is probably the pastrami from Langer's deli in Hell A.

Sadly they close at 4 or 5 pm because it is too dangerous after dark.

Thats really sad.

I remember when pretty much every place was open 24/7.
Then 9-11 happened. Businesses started rolling up the sidewalks at 4pm everyday and closed on the weekends.
Then when business was FINALLY getting back to 24/7, COVID happened, and businesses shuttered up early and on the weekends again!!

It's just sad that any business has to cater to the crime and not the customers.

How do you get your mouth around that?

I’m coming to the US next month, for an Arby’s.

Arbys used to be REALLY GOOD. Then they changed in the early 90's for cheap, like all other places were doing.

Their "meats" after that were disgusting. Tasted like a salt lick! Stopped eating there. Never been back.

SO many fast food places that used to be awesome are now gross, because they changed to cheap ingredients, chemicalized ingredients, and already processed re-cooked ingredients.

Arbys used to be REALLY GOOD. Then they changed in the early 90's for cheap, like all other places were doing.

Their "meats" after that were disgusting. Tasted like a salt lick! Stopped eating there. Never been back.

SO many fast food places that used to be awesome are now gross, because they changed to cheap ingredients, chemicalized ingredients, and already processed re-cooked ingredients.

How about Panera Bread?

Forum List

Back