Best Rock Vocalists of All-Time

Brightman could, easily; she has a 3 octave range and at least 5 different 'voices' and has covered every genre except country.

Do you have an example? ... Sarah Brightman produced some disco, but she's famous for her work on Broadway ...

Sure, great voice ... not a doubt: range, color and tone in shovels ... but for rock, the woman needs volume ... does Miss Brightman compete with Sammy Hagar whaling on a Strat? ...

Can she hit that high F# at the end of the stupid bird-noise song in Offenbach's Les contes d'Hoffmann? ...

Do you have an example? ... Sarah Brightman produced some disco, but she's famous for her work on Broadway ...

Sure, great voice ... not a doubt: range, color and tone in shovels ... but for rock, the woman needs volume ... does Miss Brightman compete with Sammy Hagar whaling on a Strat? ...

Can she hit that high F# at the end of the stupid bird-noise song in Offenbach's Les contes d'Hoffmann? ...

She can scream with the best of them. As for volume, opera trained vocalists don't even need amps. If you go see one of the bigger stars live, you'll see for yourself.

Yes. I posted two examples, and she does a lot of rock covers.

Those two examples have amplification ... otherwise we wouldn't hear the guitars ...

I didn't say she couldn't sing loud ... or belt out an opera song ... I said she couldn't keep up with Black Sabbath ... say, in the Los Angeles Colosseum without a microphone ...

Can she hit that high F# at the end of the stupid bird-noise song in Offenbach's Les contes d'Hoffmann? ... aka the doll song ...

Forum List

Back