Best Pie

Favorite Pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the last time I made a pie crust from scratch, I used butter. Generally speaking, if I simply MUST make a pie, I get frozen pie crust, which I'm perfectly happy with.

Truely they aren't bad, but not as good as homemade. With that said, easier and often tastier, graham cracker and cookie crusts! Especially regarding custard and cheesecake. MMmmmm

Now, how about homemade pot pies?

I have made a mean vegetarian pot pie, anyone else?

( I know you all put meat in yours, but how do you make them?)

I make them all the time with leftover chicken, gravy, and vegetables. Or, more recently, leftover turkey, leftover turkey gravy, and leftover vegetables from Thanksgiving. I also LOVE quiche.

I make them all the time with leftover chicken, gravy, and vegetables. Or, more recently, leftover turkey, leftover turkey gravy, and leftover vegetables from Thanksgiving. I also LOVE quiche.

I love spinach quiche, without the bacon of course.

Did you have a turkey daiquiri to go with your pot pie?

I love spinach quiche, without the bacon of course.

Did you have a turkey daiquiri to go with your pot pie?

I'm getting hungry. Getting ready to go to bed. Got to fit into the size 6. LOL!

Truely they aren't bad, but not as good as homemade. With that said, easier and often tastier, graham cracker and cookie crusts! Especially regarding custard and cheesecake. MMmmmm

One of the reasons I like whipped-cream pies: graham cracker crusts. Plus, you can buy them already prepared in the pan, so all you have to do is pour in the filling. And now they come in lowfat and reduced sugar, for those with special food concerns.

Now, how about homemade pot pies?

I have made a mean vegetarian pot pie, anyone else?

( I know you all put meat in yours, but how do you make them?)

I've made chicken pie before, but I'm more likely to simply make chicken stew, which is essentially the filling of the pot pie, and then serve it with biscuits.

I've made chicken pie before, but I'm more likely to simply make chicken stew, which is essentially the filling of the pot pie, and then serve it with biscuits.

if sodium isn't a problem the chicken pot pies from Costco, are to die for.

Not for me, but it is for my husband.

Chicken stew is really easy, anyway. I buy huge bags of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts to keep in the freezer. Just boil however many you want in the stew, then chop them into chunks. Put them in a pot with chopped potatoes, baby carrots, a chopped onion, and any other chopped veggies of your choice, some canned chicken broth and gravy, add poultry seasoning and a couple of bay leaves, and let 'er simmer.

You can make an enormous pot for very little more effort than a small one, and then have leftovers for AGES. I'm always in favor of anything that provides multiple meals, so that I don't have to cook every day.

my problem is chicken pot pies is they put to many peas in them! I wish they would make a kind with out them!

Forum List

Back