Best Pie

Favorite Pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, sweet. I love SL. Especially the restaurants in "the Hill." Did you go to Mizzou?

no, I hate the fucking Missouri Tigers. Not so much for their teams but because this town is bursting with douche bags who think Mizzou is an ivy league school. I'm the kind of guy that wears KU gear just to piss off the locals.

I don't ever want to be anyone but me. I do find Cecilie VERY FUNNY, though. I like her snarky wit. ;)

You're both very funny in small doses. Good thing you don't mind being laughed at. Clowns are a short commodity here. Or maybe not ....

no, I hate the fucking Missouri Tigers. Not so much for their teams but because this town is bursting with douche bags who think Mizzou is an ivy league school. I'm the kind of guy that wears KU gear just to piss off the locals.

Perhaps we're related. I live in Tallahassee, home of the FSU Seminoles, and we are surrounded by garnet and gold clad d-bags. We root for Florida just because we find the FSU clones so annoying.

p.s. KU's basketball fieldhouse is named after my great, great uncle. ;)

Last edited:
You're both very funny in small doses. Good thing you don't mind being laughed at. Clowns are a short commodity here. Or maybe not ....

I mainly amuse myself.

I have a piece of art on the wall of my office that says, "blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused."

I have to say.... rhubarb crumble with proper British Devon Custard.....

cheat-rhubarb-crumble-24737.jpg
my mom makes that! It is to die for!

I honorary KU fan myself with two grandma and a grandpa from Kansas. My one year old even has a KU shirt even with living here in Washington and I would have to say my Grams still doesn't like Mizzou today even though she now also lives in Washington and is more a WSU fan then a KU fan.

next year...pies are not just for the holidays....pies are easy to make and can be made with about anything....most people are terrified of pie crusts and the ones in the store are either real pricey or plain bad....

Do you make your pie crust with lard bones?

I know this will surely paint me as an oddball, but it is traditional in my family to eat squash pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas, in lieu of pumpkin. I think that my great great grandmother must have had a pumpkin shortage and a squash surplus one year, and created the sacred squash pie recipe to address it. We've been eating it ever since (with COOL WHIP only, never whipped cream). Or, maybe Missourians are just weird. ;)

I've yet to encounter ANYONE in my life whose family also eats squash pie. But, in my opinion, it tastes better than pumpkin.

I don't personally like it, but they're fairly common in my family, too. Might just be a Southernish thing.

LOL! You made me LOL!

The only reason I asked is because I saw Faith Hill on Letterman on Thanksgiving night. She was saying she still makes her pie crust with lard, Dave said his mom does too. I'm sure my mom did, we always had that gross grease on the stove in a tin coffee can..............

The only reason I asked is because I saw Faith Hill on Letterman on Thanksgiving night. She was saying she still makes her pie crust with lard, Dave said his mom does too. I'm sure my mom did, we always had that gross grease on the stove in a tin coffee can..............

Actually it's supposed to be 'the best.' I'm grossed out with Crisco, but I'm a product of my time. ;)

I was always taught that lard was for the poor folks. Mom used the grease can only for draining it off the food, not for reuse.

On the other hand, I'd rather slit my wrists than make a pie crust from scratch, because I'm too lazy. That's one reason I prefer cobbler to pie: the biscuits are a lot faster and easier to make than pie crust.

I was always taught that lard was for the poor folks. Mom used the grease can only for draining it off the food, not for reuse.

On the other hand, I'd rather slit my wrists than make a pie crust from scratch, because I'm too lazy. That's one reason I prefer cobbler to pie: the biscuits are a lot faster and easier to make than pie crust.

Well if you can 'forget' the fat values, try the Crisco recipe, it rocks. On the other hand, if really brave, do the Crisco and the lard recipes. My guess, the later beats the former for taste and flakiness.

Well if you can 'forget' the fat values, try the Crisco recipe, it rocks. On the other hand, if really brave, do the Crisco and the lard recipes. My guess, the later beats the former for taste and flakiness.

I think the last time I made a pie crust from scratch, I used butter. Generally speaking, if I simply MUST make a pie, I get frozen pie crust, which I'm perfectly happy with.

Forum List

Back