Best Health Care, Huh?

No, it doesn't.

People bankrupt themselves.

BTW: The average bankruptcy (which is all or partially driven by health care costs) is about the cost of a good used car (20 grand).

Seems to me that people need to pay their bills. Declaring bankruptcy over 20 grand is cowardly.

Not if you are earning minimum wage which is $14k per annum.

We know you think you're entitled....

But I know folks who make less than 14K, have more debt and would die before declaring banrkuptcy.

They have a sense of honor.

Anecdotes are not facts!

A flat out lie. Every American has access to healthcare. No medical facility can turn a person away on the basis of anything.

Care is not measured by access. It is measured by outcome.

We rank # 1 in the world.

Too bad for you little hate America thread.

Please provide a list of all those who turned up at the ER needing a heart transplant in order to survive and received one without any insurance or the ability to pay for it.

I know a guy works for a friend of mine who had a heart attack. He was airlifted to university of Michigan hospital for emergency surgery ..he had no insurance. And this stupid cut and paste op is a joke :cuckoo:

Yet another poster who spouts specious anecdotes instead of providing the hard facts requested.

We know you think you're entitled....

But I know folks who make less than 14K, have more debt and would die before declaring banrkuptcy.

They have a sense of honor.

Anecdotes are not facts!

Of course not.....

The claim (in bold) is no less conjecture and is certainly not a fact either.

What was your point ?

Your baseless allegation;

Declaring bankruptcy over 20 grand is cowardly.

My factual response;

Your anecdote;

The onus is on you to prove that it is "cowardly" to declare bankruptcy with a debt of $20k when you are only earning $14k.

So far your anecdotal response does not negate the facts that to someone trying to eke a living earning $14k pa would be forced to declare bankruptcy if they had no means to pay off a $20k debt burden.

Anecdotes are not facts!

Of course not.....

What was your point ?

My factual response;

Your anecdote;

The onus is on you to prove that it is "cowardly" to declare bankruptcy with a debt of $20k when you are only earning $14k.

So far your anecdotal response does not negate the facts that to someone trying to eke a living earning $14k pa would be forced to declare bankruptcy if they had no means to pay off a $20k debt burden.

There was no qualification for saying they had no means. Quit moving the goal posts.

There is no FACT that someone making 14k would be forced (no choice) to declare bankruptcy.

Please provide a list of all those who turned up at the ER needing a heart transplant in order to survive and received one without any insurance or the ability to pay for it.

I know a guy works for a friend of mine who had a heart attack. He was airlifted to university of Michigan hospital for emergency surgery ..he had no insurance. And this stupid cut and paste op is a joke :cuckoo:

Yet another poster who spouts specious anecdotes instead of providing the hard facts requested.

the whole premise of the question is stupid anyway. You don't just show up at a hospital needing a heart transplant and get, it insurance or not...What kind of idiot would think such a thing?:cuckoo: although I'm sure once the federal government fully takes over the healthcare system, if you have political connections you'll be put at the top of the list:eusa_shhh:

One of the worst problems is that our 'secular' system does not recognize or promote
knowledge and access to spiritual healing that would drastically reduce costs and save more lives. Curing criminal illness would be cheaper than wasting billions on a failed prison system, and all those tax resources could be invested in education and health care.

Home - Christian Healing Ministries
Healing Is Yours
freespiritualhealing | Resources for Healing and Forgiveness Therapy

Five ways the American health care system is literally the worst

The United States comes in dead last in a new, international ranking of health care systems from a top health-care non-profit.

This doesn't mean that we're the worst in the world; there are plenty of less-developed countries that have worse systems than America's. But when the United States is compared against peer countries like France and Canada it does not come out well. It comes out the very worst.

A new Commonwealth Fund report looks at how the United States stacks up against other countries on things like access to doctors and quality of care. It pulls from three separate surveys conducted over the past three years: a 2011 survey of sicker patients, a 2012 survey of doctors and a 2013 survey of adults over 18. It also uses health outcome data from the OECD and World Health Organization. This means it captures the experience of the medical system from the people who use it a lot, those who use it a little and the doctors treating them.

America ranks worst overall

The American health care system came in last both in the overall rankings, which pull together data on 11 specific measures of success for a health care system. This includes metrics like how easily residents can access health care, if that medical care is affordable and if its effective.

There was no measure where the United States came in first place — our best ranking was coming in third in the effectiveness of our medicine (more on what this means later).

more at link

Five ways the American health care system is literally the worst - Vox

the whole premise of the question is stupid anyway. You don't just show up at a hospital needing a heart transplant and get, it insurance or not...What kind of idiot would think such a thing?:cuckoo: although I'm sure once the federal government fully takes over the healthcare system, if you have political connections you'll be put at the top of the list:eusa_shhh:
Dick Cheney sure got to the top of the list.

But not by just showing up at the hospital, twit.

But not by just showing up at the hospital, twit.
Who said he did?

The US system sucks.

Gee, I don't know about that [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION], it works pretty good for me.

In fact, just this month I was on vacation for a week and a half on an east coast island, and silly me, I forgot to bring my blood pressure medicine. I visited a local clinic and explained my situation. Had an exam from the nurse and spent about 10 minutes talking to him, then spent about 10 minutes talking to the doctor and she wrote me a prescription for the medicine. I was in and out of the clinic in 35 minutes, my cost was $20. I got the prescription filled at the local pharmacy for $4.
I'd call that "fantastic", not "sucks" as far as medical care service and results go.

Sounds like in your case you got a good deal, there.

I don't have to visit a doctor very often, but when I do, I am usually in and out in less than hour. And given the correct medical diagnosis and treatment.

I have no idea why Noomi thinks the US system sucks, perhaps it is because she's never experienced it first hand.

Really? He must have been on that list for years with all his heart problems... More cronyism is not good for we commoners, but that's what you'll get with government run healthcare

It is the worst because it sends people bankrupt.

No, it doesn't.

People bankrupt themselves.

BTW: The average bankruptcy (which is all or partially driven by health care costs) is about the cost of a good used car (20 grand).

Seems to me that people need to pay their bills. Declaring bankruptcy over 20 grand is cowardly.

Why don't you tell us what percentage of bankruptcies are due to medical bills where the person is making minimum wage.
That would be helpful.

Imagine that, he had medical insurance before Obamacare. How is it possible?
In fact, Dick Cheney started having heart problems in his 30's, and he received medical care every time in those early years. Maybe it was because he was smart enough to purchase medical insurance before Mr Obama told him to and before he needed it.

Gee, I don't know about that [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION], it works pretty good for me.

In fact, just this month I was on vacation for a week and a half on an east coast island, and silly me, I forgot to bring my blood pressure medicine. I visited a local clinic and explained my situation. Had an exam from the nurse and spent about 10 minutes talking to him, then spent about 10 minutes talking to the doctor and she wrote me a prescription for the medicine. I was in and out of the clinic in 35 minutes, my cost was $20. I got the prescription filled at the local pharmacy for $4.
I'd call that "fantastic", not "sucks" as far as medical care service and results go.

Sounds like in your case you got a good deal, there.

I don't have to visit a doctor very often, but when I do, I am usually in and out in less than hour. And given the correct medical diagnosis and treatment.

I have no idea why Noomi thinks the US system sucks, perhaps it is because she's never experienced it first hand.

When it is in vogue to bash it....the sheep bash it.

Of course not.....

What was your point ?

My factual response;

Your anecdote;

There was no qualification for saying they had no means. Quit moving the goal posts.

There is no FACT that someone making 14k would be forced (no choice) to declare bankruptcy.

Ever tried living on $14k pa yourself? Not moving anything. Simply stating that when you are living below the poverty level a debt burden of $20k is not something that you can afford to pay off. Even the interest payments are probably stretching your meager resources to the limits.

Try doing the math for a change instead of just coming up with kneejerks about imaginary goal posts.

Thank you for conceding that you have nothing of value to contribute. Have a nice day.

My factual response;

Your anecdote;

Ever tried living on $14k pa yourself? Not moving anything. Simply stating that when you are living below the poverty level a debt burden of $20k is not something that you can afford to pay off. Even the interest payments are probably stretching your meager resources to the limits.

Try doing the math for a change instead of just coming up with kneejerks about imaginary goal posts.

Oh, so now I see we are advocating based on.....some set of assumptions you believe are valid.

I think.

In some way's your post makes no sense.

And is more kneejerk than mine since you are clearly being a hypocrite in your call to not use anecdotes (or some kind of thought experiment) as proof.

You can roll something out as "obvious" with nothing to back it up.

But you won't allow for real world examples of people who have gone contrary to your way of thinking.

Moron.

Forum List

Back