Best Cruise You’ve Been On

WestPac, 1970.

Visited Bangkok, Da Nang, Vung Tau, Hiroshima, Subic Bay, and Jakarta, (crossing the Equator).

Best cruise I have ever been on was in the summer of 71.

The inner tube held out, the Sacramento River wasn't too cold, I didn't hit any snags and the beer and weed were great.

I don't remember getting home, and my Mom was probably pissed when I did.

The only cruise l’ve ever been on was the overnight ferry from Rotterdam to Kingston on Hull. I was expecting some sort of tramp steamer, but it was a very nice luxury liner. Best night’s sleep I’d had in ages.

Someone told me the Mississippi River cruise is worth doing.

Last edited:
I never been on a cruise. Probably wont ever do it. Freak me out being out in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight. Lol The ocean is unforgiving and about the strongest force on the planet.

I never been on a cruise. Probably wont ever do it. Freak me out being out in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight. Lol The ocean is unforgiving and about the strongest force on the planet.

^Freak me out being out in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.

And six thousand other people on board.

European river cruises are supposed to be nice. Something to look at out of the windows all the time.

^Freak me out being out in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.

And six thousand other people on board.

European river cruises are supposed to be nice. Something to look at out of the windows all the time.
True! I could probably do something like that. Long as I could swim to the bank :lol:

Alaska, 2008.

Because Alaska.
I did one in 2005 on a newer Princess ship. It was very nice. I was equally impressed with a Panama cruise we took in 2007 on Celebrity. I took a Christmas cruise to Mexico on Princess a couple years ago and was thoroughly disappointed. Between the three, I would go back to Celebrity. They didn't cut any corners.

Toon.jpeg

There is a saying that everyone should try a cruise once. Short cruises are cheaper. 3 to 5 days. Some though can e party cruises. Most likely the shorter of that over the weekend ones. End of August to February or so lower prices except over Thanksgiving, before Christmas to over New Years. The weather on a Bahamas/Caribe cruise will be warm there and the seas having a greater chance to e calmer. If you talk to a cruise rep on the phone, if they are cruisers, they will talk a long time with you Ask questions to comfort you. Know what is included, what costs extra and be careful about nickel and diming. If you are worried and want travel insurance, ask but know that the cruise line will charge more for it and there are reputable cheaper outside insurers. Same with ship excursions if you choose to.

Wife and I do a lot of traveling, would be nice to have our hotel go with us once again.

What’s the best cruise you’ve been on?
Why was it great?
Only did one cruise in my life, but loved it. It was a cruise to Bahamas. It was great because had great weather. Got to meet people of Bahamas, excursions, great food on the boat and at the Bahamas, enjoyed the beach. We saw a fire show that was awesome and I talked to locals about Voodoo in the Bahamas.

Last edited:
There is a saying that everyone should try a cruise once. Short cruises are cheaper. 3 to 5 days. Some though can e party cruises. Most likely the shorter of that over the weekend ones. End of August to February or so lower prices except over Thanksgiving, before Christmas to over New Years. The weather on a Bahamas/Caribe cruise will be warm there and the seas having a greater chance to e calmer. If you talk to a cruise rep on the phone, if they are cruisers, they will talk a long time with you Ask questions to comfort you. Know what is included, what costs extra and be careful about nickel and diming. If you are worried and want travel insurance, ask but know that the cruise line will charge more for it and there are reputable cheaper outside insurers. Same with ship excursions if you choose to.
Another good option are "repositioning" cruises. During the winter, Alaska cruise ships move to the Caribbean and they return to Alaska in May. I've heard these are some great cruises and discounted as well. I am sure there are other places in the world where they do the same thing.

Another good option are "repositioning" cruises. During the winter, Alaska cruise ships move to the Caribbean and they return to Alaska in May. I've heard these are some great cruises and discounted as well. I am sure there are other places in the world where they do the same thing.
There are cruises where a passport is needed and others where birth certificates suffice. A cruise starting and ending at the same port may be eligible for birth certificates and they are called closed in loop cruises while passports are eligible for all cruises.

Only been on one. Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. 5 days, 4 nights. From Miami to Nassau to Coco Cay to Key West, Florida. One month after 9/11 (we booked it prior). No complaints about the cruise.

Forum List

Back