3 Year around the world cruise...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

How the three-year cruise fell apart​

A lot of people are out a lot of money.

Even if I knew it were 100% legit with no chance for loss of money, no way I would spend 3 years on a cruise ship.

It is interesting that the bank of the guy in the story told him it was not safe and did not want to send his money but he forced them to.

I read this article this morning. 3 years on a ship sharing the norovirus with 3K of my closest friends. :)
No thanks. I know avid cruisers who've told me they would never entertain getting on a ship for three years..even if it meant they could see the world.
If you did, you should have hedged your bets and not sold homes and other items you needed to live until it was a certainty..in the bag.

The only one I really enjoyed was the one we took to Alaska.

My mother and cousin do river cruises around the country, they have done upwards of 20 of them. They have done Alaska as well and are doing it again in the spring.

They love them. Just not our thing but I am so happy my mom has something she loves to do

Legionnaires Disease, Coronavirus, pirates, scurvy....

No thanks. If I was meant to live in the water, I would have had gills and fins.

My mother and cousin do river cruises around the country, they have done upwards of 20 of them. They have done Alaska as well and are doing it again in the spring.

They love them. Just not our thing but I am so happy my mom has something she loves to do
Same here. My sister loves it but my wife and I hate it. We only did one to one of the Caribbean islands and it was just so boring.

Just sitting around and then standing in line for food and watching the world go by.

We would rather travel on our own, serendipitously discovering new trails or shops, etc.

How the three-year cruise fell apart​

A lot of people are out a lot of money.

Even if I knew it were 100% legit with no chance for loss of money, no way I would spend 3 years on a cruise ship.

It is interesting that the bank of the guy in the story told him it was not safe and did not want to send his money but he forced them to.
I discovered I really don't like cruise ships on my first cruise. That was in the early 90s.

Never been back.

These days I wouldn't be surprised if you could have that taken care of in one of these woke hospitals.

Then I'd be a trans-poikilothermic, aquatic chordate. :laughing0301:

1705767901043.jpeg

How the three-year cruise fell apart. Even if I knew it were 100% legit with no chance for loss of money, no way I would spend 3 years on a cruise ship.

THREE YEARS. That is an awful long time to be aboard a ship rocking the high seas! Especially when you can now go around the whole world in only 90 minutes! I'm afraid that after a month aboard, I'd be pretty tired of being stuck there, I don't care where they took me. And a lot can go wrong out at sea--- unexpected storms, super high waves that come out of nowhere--- three years is a long time, a very long time to be at sea and hope the thing doesn't capsize and sink.

The whole idea of a cruise - stuck on a boat with a bunch of drunk strangers for several days, shacked up in tiny claustrophobic inducing cabins - sounds like a nightmare to me.

The whole idea of a cruise - stuck on a boat with a bunch of drunk strangers for several days, shacked up in tiny claustrophobic inducing cabins - sounds like a nightmare to me.
I looked at it as being on a ship with 4000-6000 people. Not my idea of a fun thing. I'd get a balcony if I did go on one.

Then why did you go on multiple cruises?
Happy wife-happy life.

But you could always book a cruise on the MS Pacific Princess, from that show "The Love Boat."

Those guys and girls were fucking everything that wasn't nailed down. :laughing0301:

1705789939599.jpeg

Forum List

Back