Best Bank To Save With?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I'm starting a savings account in January and was just wondering which bank anyone would reccomend that they've had good experiences with. thank you

I'd recommend a credit union over a bank. They're smaller, more personalized, and should you ever need a loan, their interest rates are usually lower.

ING Direct. Very high interest rate.

Downside? Online banking only, so you have to have a chequing account to make good use of it.

However, the best long term savings is to lock your money up in investments. Especially now, as I believe the economy will start to rise.

I agree with Shattered. Since you are in the Navy, there are some very good Federal Credit Unions you can join and their rates are generally pretty good and they don't have high fees - if any. Credit Unions are NON-profit, so they are much more competitive.

I would say to forget banks completely and find a good financial advisor. American Express and JP Morgan are two sound choices, with whom I have had excellent experiences.

I agree a Credit Union would be a good move Nato. Join one if you can before you leave the service just for the option of having it available in the future. You may look into USAA also,
it's an insurance Co for military Officers but they now accept NCOs too. Lots of differant services and you can't beat the insurance rates!

ING Direct. Very high interest rate.

Downside? Online banking only, so you have to have a chequing account to make good use of it.

However, the best long term savings is to lock your money up in investments. Especially now, as I believe the economy will start to rise.

Here is another doozy. Wonder if this guy has hung himself yet. :lol:

Well you can probably expect JP Morgan to be sound, as they will be owning most banks as these bad days continue on. But I suspect that was Morgan's plan from the get-go, way back in the wee days of the inception of the Federal Reserve. It was pretty much his brainchild.

I would recommend putting a decent percentage of your cash into PHYSICAL gold and/or silver, and to do it quickly because these prices may be rising fast in the near future.

There is also a bank called http://www.everbank.com which I hear is very good. I don't use them, but they are sound, and they are very easy to deal with if you want to manage your money in precious metals.

I agree a Credit Union would be a good move Nato. Join one if you can before you leave the service just for the option of having it available in the future. You may look into USAA also,
it's an insurance Co for military Officers but they now accept NCOs too. Lots of differant services and you can't beat the insurance rates!

USAA is the absolute BEST financial institution out there for any military person. They will slam dunk any insurance rate from anyone else. Great banking services, with good rates. And a superb investment arm with great mutual fund offerings. Great place to get loans, too. My $30,000 credit card balance account is at 7.49%!!! My auto loan is 5.9%!!!

Well you can probably expect JP Morgan to be sound, as they will be owning most banks as these bad days continue on. But I suspect that was Morgan's plan from the get-go, way back in the wee days of the inception of the Federal Reserve. It was pretty much his brainchild.

I would recommend putting a decent percentage of your cash into PHYSICAL gold and/or silver, and to do it quickly because these prices may be rising fast in the near future.

There is also a bank called http://www.everbank.com which I hear is very good. I don't use them, but they are sound, and they are very easy to deal with if you want to manage your money in precious metals.

Gold is a guaranteed BUST. Invest in STOCKs now. And if they keep going down, invest at an ever higher rate. Use your profits in Gold and Euros over the past 18 months to do it.

Since 1950 Gold's average rate of return is 4.5%, much of that return accomplished in the last 18 months. Stocks? even WITH the 25% downturn in the past year? 11.5%. Gold is waste unless you are trying to lock down your net worth after retirement.

You can use those oil future profits, too......ooops, all those margin calls on those January $140 positions....LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back