Besides Fox News, are all TV news outlets liberal?

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Let me get this straight, according to conservatives, ALL tv news outlets are part of the liberal media and the only one that can trusted is Fox news? Do I have that correct?

So ABC, NBC, CBS.....all liberal?

So let me ask this. What's more likely, that ALL news outlets are biased for the liberals or that maybe Fox news is the one that is biased and the major networks are middle of the road and just report the news? (obviously I'm not including obvious liberal networks like MSNBC).

Not all the networks are biased, but all reporters are, and most of them tend left. MSNBC seems to be making a conscious effort to be liberal, and has succeeded to an extent beyond the wildest imaginations of whoever made that decision.

So let me ask this. What's more likely, that ALL news outlets are biased for the liberals or that maybe Fox news is the one that is biased and the major networks are middle of the road and just report the news? (obviously I'm not including obvious liberal networks like MSNBC).

Maybe all news outlets but fox are so far to the left that fox seems super right wing when it is actually near center?

Maybe all news outlets but fox are so far to the left that fox seems super right wing when it is actually near center?

So you honestly think that ALL news except for fox are liberal biased? Seriously? So the ABC nightly news is biased but Fox news is fair and doesn't play favorites? Is that what you're telling me?

So you honestly think that ALL news except for fox are liberal biased? Seriously? So the ABC nightly news is biased but Fox news is fair and doesn't play favorites? Is that what you're telling me?

nope, i am just pointing out that your logic is flawed.

nope, i am just pointing out that your logic is flawed.

Exactly what did you point out that was flawed? I must have missed that because I think I was asking a question before.

Just circle the conservative members of this group:

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss.

Just circle the conservative members of this group:

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss.

O_O. I tried. Amazing. Great point! :clap2:

Possibly I am changing the direction of your question, but is honesty a factor in the question of liberal vs. conservative?

If so, would you agree that the folks who watch the various media outlets are able to make a correct judgement as to honesty?

Consider the following:

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

Read more: Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

The question also becomes do folks mainly watch what them agree with?

"It is possible, now, for a conservative to opt out of the liberal media and get all his news from more or less congenial sources." http://online.wsj.com/article/best_of_the_web_today.html]

What point is there? Because an anchor belongs to a party that automatically means they news is biased?

Possibly I am changing the direction of your question, but is honesty a factor in the question of liberal vs. conservative?

If so, would you agree that the folks who watch the various media outlets are able to make a correct judgement as to honesty?

Consider the following:

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

"It is possible, now, for a conservative to opt out of the liberal media and get all his news from more or less congenial sources." http://online.wsj.com/article/best_of_the_web_today.html]

I would love to see the breakdown of people polled, their political party and demographics.

Not all the networks are biased, but all reporters are, and most of them tend left. MSNBC seems to be making a conscious effort to be liberal, and has succeeded to an extent beyond the wildest imaginations of whoever made that decision.

And to give an example of your point, here is Michale Beschloss on the Imus show prior to the election, trumpeting the IQ of Senator Obama...and then being called on it.

Here is Beschloss making a fool of himself of Imus show:
FREEDOM EDEN: Mike Beschloss, Don Imus, and Barack Obama's IQ

Uh-oh. They have removed the vid.

Here is the transcript:
"Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.

Imus: That’s not what I asked you. I asked you what his IQ was.

Historian Michael Beschloss: You know that I don’t know and I’d have to find someone with more expertise …

Imus: You don’t know.

Historian Michael Beschloss: What do YOU think it is?"

Isn't Beschloss a Historian? How does this relate?

Consider the following:

I would love to see the breakdown of people polled, their political party and demographics.

Why?
What do you think you might see that would allow you to disregard the poll?

Politico is not conservative.

And would you like to claim that Fox viewers are only conservatives?

Consider these items:

Fox News had its best January in the history of the network, and was the only cable news network to grow year-to-year.
FNC also had the top 13 programs on cable news in total viewers for the fifth month in a row, and the top 13 programs in the A25-54 demographic for the first time in more than five years.
• FNC grew in double digits in both total viewers and the A25-54 demographic from January 2009. In prime time, it was up 22% in total viewers and 51% in the demo. CNN was down 34% and 37% and MSNBC down 26% and 38%. In total day, FNC was up 16% and 28%. CNN was down 34% and 41% and MSNBC down 28% and 39%. Last January all networks performed while with the Inauguration coverage. This month, the big political event was Scott Brown’s victory in Massachusetts, which FNC dominated in the ratings.
• Special Report with Bret Baier/Brit Hume was #1 for the 100th consecutive month.
• Fox Report #1 for 100th consecutive month.
• Sean Hannity had his best month ever (since it launched as Hannity).
. Still Rolling: Fox News Has Its Best January Ever | Mediaite

Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O
March 30, 2010

Just-released ratings for the first quarter of 2010 show that CNN is in a precipitous free-fall, its prime-time hosts losing half their audience. Larry King, the septuagenarian who has been hosting a CNN show for 25 years, dropped from 1.34 million viewers for the first quarter of 2009 to 771,000 for the same period this year.
True, last year was all the hoopla over the inauguration of a new president. But this year saw plenty of action too--the earthquake in Haiti, the epic battle over healthcare overhaul. Ratings on MSNBC plunged too. Conservatives are hailing the ratings news as more evidence of a "liberal media death spiral."
Meanwhile Fox News, which broke records last year, continues to grow. Greta Van Susteren's show was up 25%. Bill O'Reilly, whose show commands the biggest audience in prime time with 3.65 million viewers, was up 28%. And Glenn Beck, that conspiracy-fueling tinderbox for the Right? His audience was up 50% from last year.
Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Interesting?

Beschloss is a regular 'talking head,' pundit on every network- including Fox which, unlike MSNBC, has talkers of every persuasion.

Yes, Presidential historian...Doris Kearns Goodwin, the same...and a liberal as well:

"...historian Doris Kearns Goodwin -- a Bay State resident and a favorite of NBC News where she regularly pops up to deliver conventional liberal wisdom in the guise of historic insights -- "

Read more: Doris Kearns Goodwin | NewsBusters.org

That's why folks gravitate toward Fox

Beschloss is a regular 'talking head,' pundit on every network- including Fox which, unlike MSNBC, has talkers of every persuasion.

Yes, Presidential historian...Doris Kearns Goodwin, the same...and a liberal as well:

"...historian Doris Kearns Goodwin -- a Bay State resident and a favorite of NBC News where she regularly pops up to deliver conventional liberal wisdom in the guise of historic insights -- "

Read more: Doris Kearns Goodwin | NewsBusters.org

That's why folks gravitate toward Fox

But you're not getting my point. He doesn't present the news. He is a commentator (of the news) not a news presenter. How does that make the news that Brian Williams, etc....a biased news report?

Forum List

Back