Bernie Sanders says he wants to "redistribute wealth". But what does that really mean?

In an interview with Felix Salmon of Fusion, Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders explains how he would redistribute wealth back to the middle class.
He's bat shit crazy, he thinks he's Robin Hood!!
A lot of people blithely cite Robin Hood, without thinking through what Robin Hood actually did.

I know, no one's really sure if he even existed. But the legends are fun to read and study, anyway.

Someone writing a movie came up with the shortie, "He robbed from the rich and gave to the poor" to try to explain what RH did. But it is pretty wide of the mark.

Who, exactly, did Robin Hood "steal" from?

Government tax collectors and treasury agents!

And who did he give the money to?

Farmers, cobblers, cabinet makers, seamstresses, housewives, blacksmiths etc. Most of whom were poor. In other words, he gave the money back to the people the government agents had taken it from in the first place, who were suffering in poverty after the government has raided their pocketbooks.

Robin Hood was a conservative.

Cute analogy...but wrong

The rich were not government, they were royalty. That was the wealthy of the day. They owned the land and extracted ever increasing royalties from those who lived on it

The poor were not the richer artisans but the peasants who were working the fields and forced to turn more and more over to the king

Cute analogy...but wrong
Actually, it was completely correct.

The rich were not government, they were royalty.
(patiently)

Royalty was the govt of the time in that country.

(Isn't it silly how the liberal tries to make people believe the didn't know that? :rolleyes-41: )
That was the wealthy of the day.
Correct. The royal government was rich.

They owned the land and extracted ever increasing royalties from those who lived on it

The poor were not the richer artisans but the peasants who were working the fields and forced to turn more and more over to the king
In other words, my statements were completely correct.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

I seriously doubt that the hundreds of millions of people in this country could all live within walking distance of their jobs

You are conveniently speaking of employees it seems as small isolated groups of people and I have been talking about employees as a whole because really a laborer is nothing but a one man business whose sole product is the time he sells to an employee

If y'all can explain why there are mega-corporations that pay little or no taxes, while you the middle class pay your fair share, it will all become clear to you.

If you're too ignorant to understand the premise, just keep making stupid statements.
That's easy, an unholy alliance between politicians on both sides of the aisle in bed with big money. That and the most screwed up tax system on the planet.

Forum List

Back